“Great value, location, interior, and most importantly, service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Venus Boutique Hotel

Venus Boutique Hotel
Ranked #38 of 161 Hotels in Melaka
Batam, Indonesia
“Great value, location, interior, and most importantly, service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Melaka has been a frequent destination for me but this was my first time staying in Venus. My reason for staying here was simple, it's within walking distance to most places a tourist would go. Mahkota mall, Dataran Pahlawan, World Heritage, Mahkota Medical, and my personal and religious preference, NADEJE layered cake! hahaha...

Anyway, Venus is definitely a nice boutique hotel with budget pricing. I stayed in the standard room. The room and bathroom are small indeed so if you don't like cramped space get the bigger room. The interior is nice. Lobby has adequate size, a sorta chilling area for guests, and decent size restaurant/cafe. It came with breakfast for two, which was extra for me since I usually venture outside and try out different Melaka local food. I did try the breakfast one morning. The spread is limited but the taste is definitely good for hotel standard! You got noodle, sausage, egg, cereal, juices, toasts, and the standard.

I am a very detail-oriented person and love to find even the smallest faults in rooms. And I can name you a few right now but I won't do it because it would not be fair. Why? Well, you can't expect a 3-5 stars hotel treatment/facilities for what you pay here. And I truly believe you can't get much better out there for this price range.

Finally, I am giving Venus a full rating because of its customer service standards and honesty. They have good mannerism and courteous towards us. Honesty because I left my laptop in the room only to realize it late at night. I called them and they told me they are keeping it for me. I went back the next day and found my laptop in perfect condition. I wonder, for a hotel this size, for the price you pay, how many such hotels would actually return a laptop left by the guest? I don't have the stats but I certainly would not want to push my luck too far :) So props to Venus staff for their honesty!

Cheeerrsss

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Batam-DE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is located in a central location, close to all the sites. Although small, the room was very clean and well done. The bathroom too was small but neat and clean. I really liked the place- it served its purpose, was cheap and moderately comfortable. Of course, the hotel isn't really great for those who just intend to relax indoors. Just a good place to stay while visiting the historically important city. If ever in Melaka again, I may choose to stay herel. I rate the hotel 3.75 out of 5. Recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

For a boutique hotel, i would give a very good rating. My second time staying here and very satisfied. Private carpark in front on hotel and could see it from my room. Stayed at the 3rd floor get some sea view. Checked out the 4th floor, it seems like they converting the open space to a roof top bar. Saw bar top & lounge chair lying around. Location is fantastic & reasonable price.

Room Tip: Family room 314 get the highway view (but not noisy) & some sea view.
Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kuching, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel in purple color, free wifi, room ok, but bath room small but the shower room with a curtain but the water will flow (wet) the whole area. Buffet breakfast just basic.
Mahkota Parade just a 10 mins walk and further up Hatten Square.
Don't forget to try out the Nasi Lemak stall @ the back of our hotel, super nice.....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Wynne73

Travelers are raving about these Melaka hotels

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We are a party of 4 adults and 3 kids (aged 6-11). We booked 2 x family rooms at this hotel. Our GPS was able to navigate to the hotel door steps. The hotel has a nice frontage and a private carpark for guests. We were able to walk almost anywhere from Hatten Sq. to Jonker's Street. Location is pretty good for the malls too. Rooms are decent in size and suited our purposes well. Wifi is great and free in the lobby and corridors but not so good in the rooms. Breakfast was decent but nothing great but then for the price we paid, I'd say it's great value. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Family rooms are well worth going for.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank matisseur
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just returned from 3 nights stay at Venus. Fairly convenient location -- within 10 minutes' stroll to Mahkota Parade and 20 minutes' walk to heritage area and Jonker Walk. Nice and clean room. We stayed in room 314, love the view from the window. Daily breakfast was basic, but adequate to get our "engines" started.

Weak Internet signals (stronger if you stand by the door of the room) and the pillows a tad too soft, otherwise no complaints about ths place.. Although this is a non-smoking hotel, we saw some people smoking by the lift lobby :(

Room Tip: Ask for sea facing room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LY72
kuala lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

it's situated near the shopping malls, convenient to find places for dining and there's free car park outside the hotel. The interior looks modern and well decorate with wifi provided even in the room.
Beds were comfortable and bathroom are clean and well equipped although it's small for the room size. It's better to take a twin sharing room rather than a double room whereby the price is just a bit higher but it's size really look different.
Overall it's worth to pay such amount to stay in a nice and unique hotel if you are just looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay over night in Malacca.

P/S: The famous crepes cake house (Nadeje) is just walking distance from Venus Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family