Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
$153
$48
$44
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $53/night.

$67
$39
Agoda.com
Hotel Puri(Melaka)
Hotels.com
All reviewsdataran pahlawancake housetaming sarijonker streetstrategic hotelexcellent budget hotelnight marketwalking distance to mahkota paradesound insulationasam pedascomfortable staymin walkparking spacelocation is greatshort tripnadejemenara
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed in this hotel over night when traveled to Melaka. We chose it because of its location, really close to everything - Jonker street, museums, malls, etc. The hotel itself is very small but well decorated inside. Rooms look exactly like they are on the pictures although photos don't reflect the size of the rooms..Be ready that they are tiny and all of them have pretty bad view out of the windows. At the same time rooms are very clean and have conditioners and big flat screen TVs. Somebody was complaining about weak water pressure in the shower, so, there was no such poblem.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel mostly for backpackers. Hotel is really cheap and well located and offers decent accommodation. And the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Koon Jit T, Owner at Venus Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

A very good morning to NDarya,
We have improve our water pressure by putting extra water pressure pump. Hope you will enjoy our hotel at you next visit. Thank you very much.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have made booking to this hotel a month before my stay. The hotel personnel said my booking was confirmed. However, on the day i was supposed to check in, the hotel people said my name was not on the booking list!!! What a nightmare since my family and I had no else to stay. Sadly enough, the receptionist mentioned that 'there's nothing they can do to help!!' and there were all of us, left out in Melaka with no place to stay. Imagined how my kids were frustrated. Ended up we had to find an adhoc place to stay. Avoid this hotel unless you have a written confirmation from the personnel.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights over the New Year holidays. I love its location - right next to Mahkota Shopping Mall which is across the road from Dataran Pahlawan. It's also strategically located opposite Holiday Inn where my coach from Singapore stops, and only a 15min walk to Jonker Street where all the hustle and bustle happens on weekend evenings!

Room is pretty but small, with tea making facilities. The big plasma TV was a bonus although there weren't many channels to choose from. Beds are comfortable (the way I like them) - firm but not too hard. The room is generally well-kept although my biggest complaint is that the walls are too thin and you can literally hear your neighbours snoring away! Ear plugs were essential on this trip, which was a shame really.

The bathroom was ok but with no shower curtains, the floor is almost always wet. It was tricky trying to get hot water too. Basic toiletries are provided (soap bar and shampoo) but I've always preferred to use my own whenever I travel. The hairdryer came in handy on those nights when I'm too tired to wait for my hair to dry before turning in.

Lobby area is airy and classy with its reading lounge but a child playpen looked quite out of place with the entire decor of the hotel. There's also a computer there that's supposed to provide free internet access to its guests - unfortunately that didn't happen during my stay. The internet just wouldn't connect. Not sure if it's because the network was busy over the New Year period or if the broadband just wasn't working.

I'm personally not too impressed with the reception staff. They couldn't give me clear directions or recommendations for food (there's no cafe or restaurant in the hotel), and didn't appear like they really want to help. It may be because they're new and inexperienced - given that the hotel is only a year old. Once, I had to make a local call to book a bike tour but the staff had absolutely no clue where the nearest public phone was. I thought that was unacceptable, especially if they know that the hotel phone does not allow outgoing calls. I don't like making international calls on my mobile if I can pay for a local one.

All in all, I think this is a pretty little hotel that has great potential with a few improvements!

Room Tip: Strict check-in time at 2pm only!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank checkers

Dear Checker,
Thanks for your feedback regarding our hotel. We have made investigation and some solutions has beed solved. For your information, our wall was made up of sound insulation system, we made the complaint to our supplier, and they had improved their system by changing the materials. However, we cannot hack our existing wall, but we will apply this method at our new design rooms where in planned will be started in end of this year.

For washroom and toilet, we try many solutions to avoid the water splashed over after shower, however, the only method is to install a shower curtain, we had order from overseas the anti-mold shower curtain and expected will be delivered in June for installation.

For Lobby, we have installed new wallpaper on 26.04.2012. Hope you will enjoy different scene at your next visit. We had enhance our WIFI by installing the firewall to limit the usage per individual. For your information, if some of the guests were using WIFI to download movie or watch movie at youtube, this will causes lower speedcount for the other WIFI users.

For Reception, some of our staff aren't local. However, we had trained them and even publish the attraction places at our website (home > travel info) at www.venushotel.com.my. Again, we upgrade our reception keyphone system to allow outgoing call from reception area with surcharge applicable.

Thanks for your valuable feedback and let us know about our weakness. We will continue improving ourselves for make your stay better.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Very nice decor boutique hotel and good location within 5 mins walk to Plaza Mahkota.
Only 27 rooms and heard from reception may will be expanded.
Housekeeping very efficient. But for the superior twin room abit small. Do have all the basic amenities in room. No free water bottle provided but you can find water dispenser machine near the lift which is good also. Kettle provided in room and FREE one pack of coffee and tea only for 2 persons in a room.
Located very near by Nadeje cafe which is best cake I ever eaten.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This hotel is tucked away down a side street in Melaka amid several other hotels ranging from budget through to 4 star chains. It's location is great with all the important sites in Melaka within easy walking distance. The hotel is new - about a year to two years old (2011) and presents a very intimate, clean and welcoming reception area to the arriving guests.
The room was a standard double but very small which probably fitted the boutique appellation as there was little room for the two of us to move around. However, as we were out of the hotel much of the day walking the city, this was not too much of a problem.
We were concerned that the flash heater for hot water was not efficient as, after walking the sights we needed a decent shower. The hotel doesn't provide breakfast so you need to go into town for meals.
We would recommend the hotel & location for anyone visiting the city.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple