“Yummy food!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Singapore, Singapore
“Yummy food!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

The place was a 5min walk from my hotel and you had to a booking to get a place. Once there.. We ordered the signature dishes and it was all very good! We loved the cheese prawn bee hoon the best! Go try when in Malacca!

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Nothing cheesy about this place”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The signature dish - beehoon with crayfish in cheese gravy - is one of a kind. It's like fish head noodle soup but much better. The gravy was creamy but you don't get "jelak" (feel stuffed), and whole fried shallots and soft lettuce add to the combination of tastes and textures in the mouth.
Only downside is that there's a lounge on the same row, so people smoke and there are lots of butts near the entrance of this non-air conditioned but well-ventilated place.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank seabreezesblow
Hobart, Australia
“Must try signature dish”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This restaurant is only open at night, I think until around11pm. I had originally planned to go in the early evening after reading some other reviews. However, we were running late one evening so we decided to go to Tong Sheng a day earlier than planned because it was already 7.30pm and they open until late. They are easy to find, just drive along the main road, and you will see the bright neon lights and big name board, turn left and into the side road, they are parallel to the main road.
I think we got lucky. When we got there the place was full, and another couple were waiting in front of us. I heard a waitress tell them they could either sit at the only table left outside, or inside at a table close to the kitchen. They chose outside and she led them off, so I thought "yes, last table is ours ! ". However, when I asked another lady ( the boss ) for a table she told me they were full, no tables available. I told her what the other lady had said, and pointed towards her, and we were reluctantly shown to the last table. We had to wait for them to clear the table, but were just happy to get in.
Menu is in English and Chinese, with some photos on the side
Cheesy Prawn Meehoon - first dish to come out MUST TRY dish here. The best thing we ate there. Reminded me of a Lobster with Yee Mein and Cheese Sauce I had many years ago in Hong Kong. There is no outright cheese taste, but it gives a great flavour to the gravy/soup. We ordered a small, and got two crayfish/large prawns, so there isn't much prawn per se, but the beauty of this dish is the gravy. There was some lettuce at the bottom of the dish to make the whole thing look bigger. I ended up practically drinking most of the gravy because it was just that good.
Garlic Fried Cos Lettuce - tasteless and disappointing, should have ordered another vegetable dish, didn't realise there would be so much lettuce in the Meehoon dish
Pai Gu Wang - Emperor Spare Ribs - very nicely done, no bones, soft and tender, flavourful sauce
Kong Pao Chicken - nicely done, one of the better versions I've tried
Black Pepper Crab - had to wait for this dish to come out after we had finished all the other dishes. Minimum crab order is 2 crabs. Price was RM 80 per kg, which was worth it. The crabs were meaty and fresh and wonderfully done. The black pepper sauce was very nice and thick, coating all the crab pieces. We got all out hands and faces full of sauce, bring wet wipes !!

• Visited December 2013
“Nice”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

The food taste is good. It just a bit sweet for me. Please try the cheese noodle with prawn, it is good. The price is reasonable.

“try the cheese meehoon”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

impressed by the cheese prawn meehoon it's a signature dish. We tried the fried fish in a sweet vinegar sauce - that is also recommend. The soy sauce is quite unique.

1 Thank Geochong