“Comfortable and value for money”
Review of Marvelux Hotel

Marvelux Hotel
Ranked #54 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed June 29, 2014

After read some reviews on TA on this hotel, finally decided to book 2 units of the Family Suites for our family weekend getaway (2D1N) to Malacca. As I am travelling with my baby, therefore I have pre-requested for baby bath tub and baby cot. The hotel staff was very accommodating to my pre-request and also agreed to my request for the 2 units to be on the same floor.

When we arrived late at night (around 9.40pm), the check-in process was fast and smooth. We are lucky to have parking space in front of the hotel. When I arrived at my room, the baby cot and bath tub were already in my room.

The Family Suite comes with 2 king beds, small living area with sofa and 2 TVs. It was very spacious and comfortable especially the space for my child to walk around. The room is clean and neat.

Buffet breakfast – the variety is limited but for me, it is just nice for a simple breakfast .They have porridge, bread, nasi lemak, fried noodle, sausages, eggs, fruits, cereals and pastry.

The staffs are friendly, helpful and accommodating.
Location is good and short drive to Dataran Pahlawan and Jonker Street.

Overall, I am satisfied and will come back again in the future. For the staff, keep up the good service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Marvelux Hotel

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had one night staycation in Marvelux 2 weeks back. Booking I made was through booking.com
The minute I arrived at the Front Desk, only then I realized that the booking I made was a day earlier, which I will be flagged as a No Show for the night. I overlooked.
But Marvelux Hotel Malacca, Front Office Executive named, Mr. Celestine Suren Anthony, assured me that I will not be charged for No Show last night and my reservation was reinstate for the day I arrived, which is the day after my actual reservation.
I would like to thank the gentleman for his kind understanding and I want him to know after my long journey to get to my destination, it was all worth it.
Though i must say, my room given was not that clean and the condition of the duvet was bad, it has a bad stench. After all, room that was not clean enough can be thorough cleaned, duvet can be changed but the excellent service provided, most definitely cannot be copied!
Thank you, Suren!

Room Tip: My room is with a spacious balcony overlooking an empty land, thus, its windy. For smokers, u may li...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LFernandas
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Well what can I say....I relied on the feedback in tripadvisor when it comes to my stay this time and wasn't disappointed. Good small hotel, amazing housekeeping and cleanliness, friendly staff, great convenience having windmill just next door, breakfast was ok, ample parking, small gym sufficient but no motorised equipment, cheerful decor, fast check in and out. Dodgy spa next door if that's your kinda thing. Great stay for the value... Will come again!!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Aishalloyd
Reviewed May 26, 2014

A short drive from Dataran Pahlawan and Jonker Street, the Marvelux Hotel is a great place to stay in Melaka. The clean,neat and spacious rooms are paired with a relaxing rain shower in the dainty bathroom. Breakfast was decent with a mixture of local and western delicacies. The best feature of the hotel would definitely be the hospitality of their staff, they never fail to greet you with a warm smile and are all helpful in maximizing the comfort of your stay. Great value for money, will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amelia C
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I walk in to this hotel and accidentally book it coz we wanted to stay a night in Melaka. This is new and clean hotel, the most important is got double queen bed to fit for 6 of us in the reasonable price. The front desk can be more gently when asking for document and this will bring up the standard of the hotel and the historical state of Malacca. Don't get the room near the Main Street coz is noisy unless u are not the light sleeper. The breakfast is ok with international variety of food.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2014

If you drive your own vehicle, this hotel is of excellent value. A new hotel (2 years), for half of the price of those hotels in town centre, you will have a spacious and clean family room for 4 persons with full amenities - 2 double beds, 2 flat-screen TV, sitting room with sofa, wardrobe, toiletries, coffee and tea making facilities, in-room safe - just all you need for a short stay in Malacca. Check-in and check-out as smooth as breeze. Air-con quiet and hence facilitate quality sleep, especially for the children. Good selection of satellite channels for English-speaking tourists. In addition, delicious breakfast with a wide range of selection for virtually everyone in the family - bread pudding and french fries for kids, fried flat noodles, salad, fresh fruits, roti and eggs (cooked in whatever way you like) for adults and free-of-charge shuttle (fixed schedule) to town centre. Despite the rooms are fully occupied by tour groups at night, the soundproofing works well. The management even presented us with a thank-you card at check-in for choosing the hotel - which is a warm gesture for first-time visitors. Feeling safe and comfortable.

If not, you need to pay RM 5 per person for each trip to the town centre and RM 10 per person for transfer to Malacca Sentral bus terminal (the taxi fare is only RM20 for 4). The location is offsite and under the sun you can virtually feel like walking in the desert. Although the map shows that it's near the Malacca Strait, actually you can only see vast construction site out of the balcony. These however are not important to us as we only need a place to relax after whole day sightseeing. We stayed in Room 8626 and what matters is the seepage of water from the shower cubicle - the first day after shower the water flooded the bathroom floor and took hours to dry. The second day we lodged complaint to the reception but things remained the same (the drain works well so I believe this is a structural problem, likely the sealant of the cubicle glass is not in order). Hope the management will find ways to fix this problem before our next visit (we will rent a car next time).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bunnysnaky
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Hotel is located near a new road and the traffic noise is very heavy. The aircon compressor is hanging just out side of the balcony so make you hard to sleep. As the hotel is offsite it is more for self drive tourists or group tourists. The group tourists make a loud noise in the night and it is hard to get to sleep at all. It is not recommended for tourist without self transpiration and the shuttle buses run just few time a day.

Hotel staff is friendly and there is self laundry facilities. Fitness centre is outside without aircon

Room Tip: Choose the room far off the main road to avoid the traffic noise. Check the aircon noise. I have to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple