“Better than expected service”
Review of Marvelux Hotel

Marvelux Hotel
Ranked #54 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Booked a great deal thru agoda. Inform the hotel that i have one guest o wheelchair. Cant believe that they install ramp at the main door n toliet door. Toliet come with metal bar support also. This is something that beyond my expectation. Very thoughful. Even assign hadicap lot for my car. During bteakfast,open side door of resturant for our convibent. Room are clean n resonable size. Only set point is the lack of wifi. If not, it will b 10/10 for me

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Marvelux Hotel

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Spent 1 night at this hotel, simply to enjoy a short weekend escapade out of Kuala Lumpur. Booked the superior king room at the rate of RM188 plus breakfast for 2. Through Mr. Google, came across this hotel and by looking at the picture, I learned it is quite a new hotel (considering 2-3 years opened) and was considered 3 star. Gave a call to reserve and was told that superior is the most standard room, at RM188. Considering it's weekend and the rate is lower than RM200 (compared to other 3-4 star hotel) plus it's quite a new hotel, I decided to give a go.

Upon arrival, I have to park the car outside on a very bright sunny day. Not sure about any indoor parking area but was told by the guard, they have the roof-covered parking at the backside of the hotel which are mainly used by the staff but is also allowed for visitors. Went to the back area and what to expect, it's already full. Check in was smooth and quick (perhaps because there was only me round doing the process).

Was given a room on the 3rd floor. Walked out the elevator, the floor was fully carpeted and the interior is kinda ok. Entered the room and was quite surprised to see the size. Was slightly bigger than the Tune Hotel. Then I convinced myself , perhaps because it's superior, not deluxe or as such. Each room comes with a balcony, so do mine. When I pull the curtain, I'm shocked to see an empty, plain and function-less balcony, of the same size of my room!. Was a bit confused over there.

The room was really simple. The wall was the wood type. One rattan sofa was provided at the corner of the room that I have to move aside when I want to go to the balcony, due lo lack of space. Lighting was dull. They don't even have bedside light. The headboard of the bed was not attached to the wall, as they install light at the back of it. And surprisingly, it was only the lame fluorescent long lamp. There is no full closet wardrobe. It was only sort of semi wardrobe that you could hang some cloth (and you have to adjust since they put the mini fridge in the semi wardrobe), and it was attached with the mini bar (that they put the safety box on it!). Everything was packed there at 1 site. In term of cleanliness, I'd say average as I had to call the housekeeping whose happen to be outside cleaning other rooms, to clean some stain (sugary drink) on the floor.

The biggest flaw to me, was the safety. Of course they have additional lock inside for the main door but for my room, the door chain lock was already broken (thought they were kind a new hotel). And the scariest part is, the sliding door of the balcony. The typical lock of the sliding door was broken and the hotel only replaced it with the door chain lock that anyone from outside could still slide the door open a bit a break the chain, to get into our room. Me and my friend (both of us female) were only to realize on the lock issue at night, when going to sleep as we heard some strange noise from the sliding door (due to wind friction we presume) and went to check. I saw the door chain during daytime but I never thought that the actual lock was already broken. Looking at the balcony, strangers of nowhere could simply jump from one to another to get into the room, and we were only at the 3rd floor. It was a sleepless midnite for almost hours until we heard some noise (adults and kids) from the next room, indicating that we have neighbor, to make us slightly relieved. And yes, you can hear voice from the other room so clear. The room was not soundproof enough and it has connecting door that was not properly installed to absorb sound from other room.

The only pros was the toilet. A bit small but descent and convenient enough. Clean of course. No bath tub but the shower and water flow was totally amazing. Breakfast buffet was so so. Not that tasteful either, but was topped up in a timely manner. Location wise was not in the heart of Banda Hilir. Those tourist spot is not within your walking distance.

Overall, I do not know how to actually rank this hotel. They try to be at the 3 star level, but being a frequent hotel visitor, I'd say the hotel is just halfway better than the budget (Tune Hotel for instance). With RM188 being the lowest rate, I'd say it's a bit exaggerated.

Some advise from me. Please take foreign workers (housekeeping) that could speak English and with proper behavior. Not those who look at you to the extend , you feel so unsafe to move around.

Room Tip: Certainly don't ask for the 3rd floor room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wadat
Reviewed February 11, 2014

With the influx of hotels coming up in Melaka, it's hard to find a hotel that would suit our needs (reasonably priced with good service). So it came as a surprise when we stepped into Marvelux Hotel near Melaka Raya. We arrived at the hotel at around 11am, but the room was not ready yet since they've expected us to arrive by 3pm. The front desk told us to go around Melaka and come back by 2pm; which we are happy for since we have yet to have lunch.

Once we came back by 2.30pm, we checked in and they gave us a nice welcome card. They also apologised for the delay, but we didn't blame them. We should have let them know that we were coming in earlier. When we entered our superior room, the room was welcoming. We noticed that the balcony faces the back end of the hotel (with a barren land), which we reckon would be more beautiful once something develops there. The balcony was very large, but we hope that in the future, the balcony came equipped with a couple of chairs to make up that space. It would be good for those who prefer their cup of coffee outside the room.

Amenity-wise, it was ample. The room was made up well, with a security locker and a mini-bar. Each room came with the usual tea cups, a boiler and a couple packets of tea and coffee each. There were only 2 electrical outlets, so it was hard for us to juggle between charging our phones and cameras. Best to bring a portable battery if you have any.

The only qualm we had was the buffet breakfast that came with the package. It was rather appaling, and the services from the waiter was something that needs improvement. We would like to sit outside to bask in the morning sun, but no one came to clean the tables; despite the fact that we requested for the table to be cleaned. In the end, we went inside to have our breakfast. Most of the dishes were cold by the time we had our breakfast, so it was not appetising to say the least.

Distance to the city is quite okay if you're driving. Jonker Street takes about 7-8 minutes; and the historical sites take roughly 10 minutes. We hope that for the sake of other travelers, that there are better public transportation services to travel to the city.'

All in all, we would say that we would come back for another stay in the future. You have our vote, Marvelux. Keep up the good service.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Overall is a good hotel which can recommend to your friends. Hotel rooms, buffet breakfast, services and location consider is good especially the breakfast. With the price we paid, the variety of the buffet breakfast, I will give 4 star.

Room Tip: Hotel provide some shuttle bus services to the malacca town.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ally K
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I spend a night here with my boyfriend for celebrate our Christmas Eve in Melaka. Politely staff, fast check-in, v stayed at third floor, kings size bed with barcony. But there is nothing decorate in the barcony, better amend some chairs n table so that the guest can enjoy the night n view there. And, unfortunately our room facing the building which under construction and cause some dust so v not dare open the door in the barcony... Breakfast okay. hotel location close to the town. Their provide FREE shuttle bus go n return from town, 4 times a day. Have gym n outdoor relaxing area. Windmill steakhouse just beside the hotel.
Overall, just a hotel, will not return back here for me. oh ya!! the security guard in front of the hotel is very friendly n kind, willing to help always.

Room Tip: Choose the room that NOT facing the construction area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ng b
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This hotel is not in a good spot. It sits on the Main road into Melaka like many others, but the traffic is loud. Then, to increase the noise level is all the developments in the area which means there is a lot of construction.

We were told we would have a room with a waterfront view and got a view of construction.

The breakfast was included but was mediocre at best. Everything was cold or lukewarm.

The room while clean upon our arrival, was barely cleaned the next day. They made the beds and replaced the towels and that was about it. Garbage was left and nothing else was moved to indicate that they had swept or cleaned the counters.

The beds were comfortable and we slept well. We really did not spend much time in the hotel outside of our sleeping and waking hours. It was okay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Enjoy our stay and found the staff very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, very clean have mini bar and safe box also.The hotel have provide shuttle to go to town is very convenience for us and morning buffet breakfast was good....

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family