“Love it” 4 of 5 bubbles

Marvelux Hotel
Ranked #34 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
“Love it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I love it.cheap n clean.smell good and all the staff treat us very nice.will come again soon and stay here as long as this hotel keep the way is it.breakfast serve really delicious.the security really nice and book us parking just infront of lobby since my hubby's leg pain

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a night and the staffs greeted us very nicely with huge smile on their faces and the security actually asked where we came from and where do we want to go. He also told us about the free shuttle service the receptionist failed to tell us earlier.
Nice room, with pretty complete amenities.
I woke up at 12 mn due to the broken aircon and it got me and my husband all sweaty. Called the receptionist, and the maintenance crew came in about 10 minutes, fixed our aircon and it got soooo cold lol :D very very good service I must say.
Went down to search for minimarts but failed because they are all already closed. The receptionist told us where the nearest 24hr mart was, and it was a block away. Reminded us it was very dangerous to walk by foot and offered us a discounted shuttle service. We paid 10ringgits for 2 persons for a return trip to the mart.
The downside is, the location is not strategic and it was very far from any markets and attractions, but they have free shuttle so not a problem. The only problem is if you want to go somewhere like the atms that they don't have the shuttle for, you should pay for the service or take a cab. Other than the location, everything was fine.

• Stayed September 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a pretty new hotel. I am told less than 2 years. The areas around the hotel is being develop. Not many shops or eateries around the hotel. However, if you have your own transport that you would find many eateries and shops within a kilometer.

Hotel rooms are trendy and clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lauknight
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is my first time staying at Marvelux Hotel. The check-in was fast and the staff very friendly. Hotel area and environment is clean and fresh.

I parked my car at the guests' lot and always find a space. They do shuttle service to Mahkota Parade and Jonker Street. The driver was nice and helpful.

Room was excellent. Clean and spacious. The balcony was a bit dusty as there was construction around the hotel but I spend some time there in the evening with my wife and baby enjoying the view and high floor.

Toilet was superb with an excellent shower head. Clean with fresh towels.

Breakfast was great with not too little and not too much selection. Perfect dishes and they even have an omelette station outdoor!

I really had a wonderful time staying at Marvelux Hotel...

Room Tip: All rooms are new. A higher floor would be good...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank UmarAlhabshee
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

On 10 August 2013 (3rd Raya), around 8.00 pm, I am on my way from Muar, Johor to Port Dickson (PD), Negeri Sembilan after visited my relatives.

Due to traffic jam, I change my plan and cancel my journey to PD. Then I decided to find any hotel in Melaka.

After google from internet, there are several hotels that still available but the cost is within RM 500 - RM750 which is very expensive.

It was lucky then when Marvelux Hotel had reserved one room for any walk in customer with affordable price.

I am impress with the cleanliness of Marvelux Hotel and their initiatives in providing baby bath tub.

Nevertheless there are several comments from me that Marvelux may consider for improvement:-

1. Marvelux did not provide room service delivery for meals. It means the guest need to pick up the food from the cafe.

2. The corridor can be access by any guest from his room to another room, perhaps there will be no security issues raised from this concerned.

3. Any guest who wish to iron their clothes need to iron it in the dedicated room at level 3. It was a bit abnormal practice from others hotel.

Best Regards.
Malaysia Travel
malaysiatravels.net

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Malaysia T
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We went there recently during the Raya holidays and stayed for one night. We took the triple room and paid around RM312nett that comes with breakfast. Checking in was fast and smooth. Upon entering the room, I immediately switched the air-cond on as it was a rather hot day outside. I remembered reading some comments on tripadvisor regarding the noise from the air-cond and being not cold enough and etc. True enough after 30 mins it was still rather warm. Instead of calling the receptionist I took the liberty of checking the air-cond unit myself. I would have given a hard time complaining to the receptionist and it might take hours to change to another room. Upon checking, I took out two filters that was filthy. 0.5cm of dust! It hasn't been clean or service for years. After cleaning the filters and voila cool air. Yay! We had a queen size and single bed for my little girl. Bed was somewhat comfy and clean. After 45 mins of being in the room we decided to take off visiting families.

Upon returning after 7 hours of galavanting, we were looking for a space to park our car as the car park in front of the hotel was fully occupied. After waiting for couple of minutes, a car was leaving and after a while I realised it was disable parking, and decides to drive further down to continue waiting. I signalled the security guard and he immediately jumped at me telling me how could I possibly even think of parking at the disable lot. I was shocked and told him I wasn't. He was rude. Not only that he kept mentioning that the lots are all full because there was a function happening at the restaurant. I asked him if they were guests of the hotel because the signs clearly stated strictly for hotel guest only.

We told the security that we were staying at the hotel and instead of being courteous he bluntly told us there are available parking space at the basement. Mind you my 6 year old girl was sleeping in the car. I would rather park up-front knowing that it is not safe to park indoors these days. I was so upset I just drove further down the road to make a U-turn and we continued to wait for the next available space. While doing a u-turn, another car who came after us got the next available spot because this Indian (not being racist) security guard decides to give it to them instead of us. Lucky for us, It was a big four wheeler and they couldn't park in that spot because the space was too small for them. after a short stressful commotion we got a space and finally manage to park our tiny car. Being in the service industry myself there's not excuse for rudeness! It was late and we were tired and all I wanted was to get my daughter wash up for bed.

We got to our room, went to the bathroom and realised they didn't have any shower heads except a rainforest shower that's permanently fixed at the top. I for one didn't want to get my little girl's hair wet. Frustrating and no brainer!

After sorting my daughter to bed, my other half decides to switch the little blue lamp on the wall on and it didn't work. We called reception and waited for 15 mins for the maintenance guy to arrive. It was 11:30pm when He came to check the lamp and upon checking, we had to wait for another 10 mins for him to get back to the room with a new light bulb! There are no SOPs or checklist in this hotel. All rooms should go through a checklist to make sure everything is order before allowing any guest to check in.

The bad journey continues..
The next morning we woke up and was really looking forward to breakfast! Yet another disappointing experience. Seriously? not only the selection was poor, I had to remind to waiter to re-fill the buffet line twice! My other half waited in line for some eggs for 30 mins. We ordered the omelette and my daughter had the fried eggs. It was soaked in oil and the omelette was just normal rolled up telur dadar!! Why bother serving breakfast when eggs aren't their forte. Just leave the western menu off and serve only local. If you have a huge number of guests staying at the hotel, you should prepare enough food! more cooked noodles instead of just one! I think the cafe was called Mar'cious and we cracked up a joke..saying it's more like disastrous than anything else. Being in the hospitality industry you need to have common sense and common courtesy! The marvelux hotel have none. Sadly to say we had a terrible experience and for the money we paid, I rather top up and stay somewhere else. We will not be returning.

Oh btw don't bother about the rooftop or indoor garden. Rooftop is locked and it's just an empty space. Indoor garden not too sure what to make of it!

The hotel could have work well and all it takes is some extra effort.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Patiencegin

Travelers are raving about these Melaka hotels

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a new hotel build in the newly reclaimed area. surrounding building are all under construction but quite near to a famous restaurant Bei Zhan.
Made the booking direct with the hotel via email and got my confirmation within 10min.
Hotel is no frill basic, similarly to Ibis. Quiet as its out of the tourist area. strong shower.
Could do better with extra chairs and table in the room. Although the hotel is by the seaside, none of the room actually faces the sea!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple