“Superb hotel”
Review of Marvelux Hotel

Marvelux Hotel
Ranked #54 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed May 16, 2013

When i arrived to the hotel, sec selva greeted me with smile. He helped me with luggage from my car. I was greeted with smile by the front office staffs too. They were very efficient by giving me infomation on the local famous places in malacca. They provided me a map too. The check in was so smooth and fast. The balcony in the room was a plus plus for the hotel. The price is reasonable too. But i wish there's bathtub.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank jennylee3423
There are newer reviews for Marvelux Hotel

Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was my 2nd time staying in this hotel. Me and my family have been there once in Oct 2012 and we likes the hotel. Unfortunately for this visit we really disappointed with their services. There was no bellman to help us unload even though we could see them inside the hotel watching us. We checked in and carried our own bags up.

The staff at the front desk were not helpfull and competent, in fact it's depend the person, it was totally disappointed as I could remember at my first visit, the staff very nice and friendly. The checking in time take more than 30 minutes and it was dis-organized. The room card was automatically cancelled before 12pm the next day;
- call reception and no one pick the call for 10 minutes
- someone pick up the call later saying "coming soon" but never appear for a long moment
- went to the counter and the "duty manager" get some junior to face us to avoid responsibility
- given a "new" cards but not usable when we back to the room
- call again to reception but no one pick up the call
- someone pick up the call later saying "coming soon" again but never appear at all
- call again and i mention "if you don't come, i break your door" and later a answer of "you don't touch anything of mine" by the staff

The room was quite nice and clean. The safe deposit box was not working. The breakfast wasn't that great either. Limited spread which disappeared very fast. The refill however took ages that we decided to get a more fullfilling breakfast outside. The staff in the cafe generally unhelpfull for the guest.

The hotel management really should do something about the hotel especially when the room rates are on the higher end.

I always believe in "What I pay is what I must get". At Marvelux Hotel, I think I paid more than what I should get. The hotel really needs to improve its services and stops depending on its convenient location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank nicky_08
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed 1 night in Marvelux Hotel. Easy to find this hotel as there aren't many developments in that area. A little too far to walk to Jonker Street but the hotel has shuttle services to and fro (i think at $5). Quiet part of town. Parking was along the perimeter of the hotel and seemed safe with a Security Guard around. Hotel reception staff was friendly and helpful.

Clean and decent sized room. The only issues are the bathroom door and shower glass door might risk knocking into each other, and the pillows were too soft. Other than this, overall was a good stay. Will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank chubes
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed in Marvelux during Mar Good Friday 2013. I book family suite for 4 adults. The place 10 to 15 min drive to bandar hilir and the hotel do provided shutter bus to bander hilir. The place is new and nice, I like it the place. The staff very nice and very friendly. I dont like the menu of the breakfast it on limited. The secuirty guard also very friendly. They recommended us to SeaFarer for seafood dinner, it very nice and it near to the sea. My kids love the foods. I think the Hotel need to improved in food or restaurant. try to have Spa and travel guide.

Room Tip: family suite for 4 adults value for money
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank cyber99
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is my 2nd time staying in this hotel. I still love it even though I found that 1 or 2 items in the room are not as good as they've used to be. The room is spacious with comfortable beds and cable LCD TV. Perfect for tourists who opt for a lower cost hotel with some level of comfort. I really love the rain shower head in the bath room, it makes me never want to get out from shower. Since this hotel is located a little further from the tourists spot, transportation arrangement is required. Parking is along the road side outside the hotel but there are hotel guards so I think it's safe to park there. At least we didn't have any problem parking outside for the 2 visits. This hotel has now became my first choice whenever I visit Melaka.

The only thing I don't really like is their limited breakfast choice. The breakfast menu was exactly the same as my first visit which was 8 months earlier.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jyshai
Reviewed March 11, 2013

First impression of the hotel was that it looks very new.
Check-in was a breeze as we had made prior bookings. I was happy to be able to check-in slightly earlier than the actual stated check-in time, probably due to the room availability.
Parking is an open car park surrounding the hotel, but a security guard was stationed and making rounds.

Room was clean and just like the pictures on the website. Although nothing special, it was not too cramped either. Air-conditioning was fairly okay, and the bathroom had all basic amenities and an adequate amount of towels too. Rain shower water pressure was good and much appreciated. Heavy curtains successfully blocked out the morning sunshine. Everything was clean and adequate. Good facilities, and an ironing room nearby.

Breakfast was very basic, nasi lemak with condiments, congee, fried mee and toast, with some cake, tea/coffee and one type of juice. Cafe was clean and roomy, and the ala-carte menu (after breakfast hours) had some reasonably priced dishes, although we were unable to try them.

The hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of Jonker street, which might be an issue for those without own transportation. However, I was informed that they do have shuttle services to the city. By car it is only a few minutes away.

Overall, I was satisfied with my stay here and would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs affordable no-frills accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank IzzyKL
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed in Marvelux during the Christmas in 2011. I don't know the actual cost of the hotel rates as we had it free thanks to Maybank Credit card. Room was big (it was a triple room if I'm not wront) with hugh balcony and LCD TV. It was hard to locate the hotel at first as we kept missing the turn but subsequently found it. I will only recommend this hotel if you are driving as it was quite a distance to makota area. Breakfast was just alright, nothing to shout about. Staff were nice and make up service was done well. I don't mind staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple