First off, I'd like to say that I really like the spacious and comfortable rooms. It was perfect for my family (with baby in tow). Let me list out the pros and cons:
1. Very clean, spacious, modern rooms with modern amenities.
2. Two TVs, so some get to rest while the others can watch TV without disturbing them.
3. Tight security with RFID tagged room card keys.
4. Value for money.
5. Great security for your car if you're driving
What's not so good:
1. I still can't believe the counter staff told me there's only ONE baby cot in the hotel. Were they expecting only one family to visit at any one time? Makes me wonder why they have more than one family room in this hotel. Our baby had to sleep in a couch leaned against the bed.
2. RFID tagged card keys meant only 1 key for the room. Not adequate for a family if a few should decide to go out late nights and come back without disturbing the rest. Or else those remaining in the room have to sleep without airconditioning?
3. Weird wardrobe design: They've got this panel in front of the hanging rack, presumably to conceal the clothing hung there, but it would be great if this could swivel to open and close. Else, it's very ergonomically challenging to even hang our clothing in the wardrobe.
4. A little far off from central Malacca but since we drove here, this was not an issue.
5. Lousy breakfast. Lots of flies in the cafe.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Marvelux Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.