“if u look for a quiet place - don´t go here”
Review of Sunshine Inn

Sunshine Inn
Ranked #79 of 168 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We booked this hotel online for 8 nights, but we finally stayed only for 5 nights - although we lost the money payed in advance for those 3 nights, we had to change the hotel. We really are not those spoiled tourists who complain about beeing provided with 1 towel only instead of 2, but we had to complain about this hotel at least twice. First after our first night when the staff had a party right in front of the hotel till 2 a.m.!!! Although they really tried to make it up with us after our complaints (many apologies, some drinks...). But next time we didnt sleep at all again because of extremaly noisy neighbours who came very late and were noisy during next couple of hours (I don´t mean taking shower - I mean loud TV and music, hitting the doors all the time, very loud talk...). After our second complaining we were told that these people had already checked out. O.k. We gave this hotel one more chance. But after the last night we didn´t even complain - we just checked out without a word...It was after next sleepless night thanks to the noisy neighbours (shouting, music, hitting the doors, door alarm like 10 times in 20 minutes... the didn´t stop until 8 a.m.!!!)
I understand good reviews of this hotel - it´s new, modern, stylish, perfectly clean, not very central, but not so far to the downtown. But if u r unlucky and get noisy neighbours or come during the staff party time - u will not sleep whole night! So either try and maybe u will be lucky (we were for 1 night only out of 5) or rather try another hotel...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marydi

Reviewed June 23, 2013

U will be amazed how everything is well prepared and make u feel like home, even cozier fr home! The inn is so colourful that it makes u feel so good and happy! Cant wait for the New buildings on the other side to be done! Love the humble boss too!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Mochademand
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was on a business trip to Malacca for three weeks and chose this hotel after searching online for economy hotels with great service. Based on the Trip advisor ratings and reviews from other guests I booked this hotel. Having stayed for so long, I cannot agree more that I had a wonderful stay.
The room provided was cozy, bright and equipped with all modern amenities. Attached bathroom was perfect for a relaxing bath. Bed was cozy enough to give a good night's sleep. Free wi-fi was bliss. Although language was a barrier with the room boys, front desk staff was so helpful and friendly that I felt like having stayed at a friend's place at the end of third week. Their positive attitude towards guests, treating them like one of your own, makes you very comfortable.
Compared to one of the high budget hotel rooms, which I had a chance to visit during my trip, the room I stayed in did not lack in most of the comforts. One thing I felt missing was a restaurant. But, with their expansion plans I think it is a matter of less than 2 months that they will have their own restaurant. With more rooms, restaurant, dedicated parking space and continued good service, I think they can be one of the best hotels in Malacca. In all, if you are a kind of guy looking for luxuries like a gym and a swimming pool, this is not for you. If you are a small family and looking for a good and economic place to stay during your holidays or if you are a lone traveler, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank viji_hi5
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Sunshine Inn was an unintended stay as nearby hotels were only left with larger rooms during my last out-station to Malacca.
Initial reaction was skeptical and wondered why rooms were still available here while others had sold out.

The moment I stepped into their room, I was pleasantly surprised. Although the room is small, it is very well laid out. The area is clean and the overhead shower is a great stress reliever after a hard-day-work doing sales in sunny Malacca.

I am actually so impressed with them that I have paid deposit for rooms on this coming school holidays, bringing my family to experience the warm of Sunshine Inn.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Pooh301
Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you are looking for a great place to stay while visiting Melaka, Sunshine Inn will fit the bill. The rooms are very small but one of the cleanest places I have stayed anywhere. There were some extra small touches that made the room more than just an ugly box. I liked that the shower had a door which is not common here in Malaysia. Daniel, the manager and all of the staff were very helpful.

The location is great. My husband and I walked to Jonker Street and A Famosa easily within 30 minutes. There are lots of restaurants around the hotel. This is not a "downtown - central" location but it is still located within walking distance of just about everything you would want to see. This is definitely not a hotel where you stay in and relax. There is no view out the window except a very unattractive laneway and the room has only the bed to sit on. However, if you're in Melaka for business or sightseeing, then it is perfect.

There is not a lift/elevator in the building but the staff brought our heavy suitcases up and down the stairs which was much appreciated. Complimentary water was also provided each day. Great value for the money and exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jan J
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Value for money is what it is about. Very beautiful decoration of room and lobby. The hotel is simple yet very comfortable with adequate facilities including aircond, water heater and even lcd tv! With a very cheap price, we can get all of the facilities that we need and expected from a hotel. The bathroom is nice and clean and i consider it luxirious as compared to the price we pay. Toothbrush, comb, soap ant towel are provided. The room air is purified. The staff was very friendly even tho we arrived in the middle of night. Simple breakfast are also provided. Definitely will come again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Wugi
Reviewed March 31, 2013

It's a new boutique hotel (3 storey shop). My family 2 Adult 2 Child stay here 1 night in a triple room (1 queen & 1 single bed) room & bathroom was small but very clean, cost us RM170nett (I feel pricey maybe the room for me is small). About 15min walking distance to the shopping mall, but surround with some restaurant & bakery shop and Free Parking & Wifi available...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family