There are pluses & negative points about this hotel apartment. Let's take a look at the negatives first:
1. The exterior does not look good, it really needs a coat of paint & upgrading. We expected the worst when we saw the outside.
2. The lift. It is slow & does not work well. Sometimes it stops & the door does not open. We tok the stairs most of the time.
3. Collection of keys. We had to collect & return the keys at the guard house in another building apartment - probably managed by the same people.
On the positive:
1. The interior was definitely tastefully done. The furniture was simple but we had a pleasant feel of the apartment.
2. There was a kitchenette was useful.
3. There was a separation for the toilet & wash area for cleaning up. Both can be used for bath. Good design but by the toilet & wash area is very small. I believe it was probably one bathroom but they walled it up to separate it into 2 which makes it more convenient if there are many people staying there.
4. There were 3 bedrooms and the to our surprise the quality of the mattresses supplied were really good.
5. There were 12 of us & since we took 2 rooms, the apartments they provided us had interconnecting doors, which is especially good for families. However the back room (with window) which I took is a bit noisy from traffic & noise from the coffee shops near by. There is another back room without window which was pretty sound proof.
5. Location is good, just within a few minutes drive to the tourist attractions in Melaka
Overall we had a great stay there & for those on a budget this place is really value for money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your Malacca Hotel Apartment reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.