“Budget accommodation that meets your needs”
Review of Pergola Hotel

Pergola Hotel
Ranked #99 of 217 Melaka B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Have been a frequent business travelers to this hotel due to its strategic location in Melaka Raya. Surrounding is perfect as you can choose numerous eateries such as Nyonya rest next to it or some Chinese Restaurant across the roads. It comes with basic amenities such as water heater, air-conditioner, flat screen TV and even a Bible for your reading pleasure. However, it could be noisy after 8am due to ongoing construction work behind the hotel and less sound proof wall which you can hear people walking outside or besides.
It should be ok if you are staying here at night time and the mgt does provide parking lot behind the hotel for safety purposes. There is no breakfast nor newspaper provided but there is a convenience store few doors away.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kenji23
There are newer reviews for Pergola Hotel

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I love the room...the room was so clean & spacious. Especially the bed...so comfortable :)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MiaAdania
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Great experience especially the 5star bed n pillow! Lov it. V hv a 2 bed room suite! Nice view, great spacious room! Comfortable beds!

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Gsdslover
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I was in Malacca with friends. There were 5 of us and we got a family suite.
The room was clean, spacious and away from the traffic. Sheets and towels were clean and fresh smelling. I must say that the bed and the pillows were very comfortable. 5 bottles of drinking water was placed in the room for us when we arrived so it was a pleasant surprise that small details like these were not missed.
We were also happy that the foldable bed which was quite sturdy, not the lousy squeaky type. On the first day, it was on placed in the centre of the room. This made the room looked small. On the second day, the housekeeper took the initiative to rearrange the foldable bed in another way so that it was next to the 2 single beds and this made walking the room much easier.
Beside, the hotel is OleSayang a very good Peranakan restaurant. A walk towards the malls, you'll find Secret Recipe and if you turn into the small lanes on your left, you find even more local style eating.
We like the Ah Huat Coffeeshop(Malaysia style tze char for supper) and facing them is Ee Ji Ban Chicken riceballs and a bak kut teh coffeeshop. We tried all three and they were superb.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank tarcee
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I went to Malacca to visit my relatives as well to do my customary wedding. Due to my hectic schedule I decided to put up at a hotel for 2 nights instead of staying with my relatives. Was pleasantly surprised at what I got for the amount I paid.

At about $168 ringgit a night for weekend I got a clean and comfortable room, which is what I look for in a hotel room stay being in the hotel industry as well. The price was budget but the room was certainly not. Bed was covered with a thick and fluffy blanket and soft pilows, didn't want to wake up after a night of clubbing! A plus point is that the staff all can speak english, inclusing the chambermaid!

The famous Teo Chew Bak Kut teh was like 10 min away but don't forget they close on mondays. Also, being in melakaraya we are able to walk to many shopping centers nearby and clubs.

I am satisfied with this hotel and would look forward to my next trip.

Room Tip: I would like to try the balcony rooms on my next visit
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Keith C
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Pergola is a small boutique hotel at a relatively convenient location. It is very new and clean and the staff are generally quite helpful. Ample parking space at the back of the hotel which supposedly is guarded by a person and monitored by CCTV (according to the hotel staff). There is free wifi too! Check-in and check-out were hassle free. We got the family room which was spacious and the beds were very comfortable.

Only beef is there were coffee stains on the floor and the bed beside it, probably overlooked by the cleaner.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank sherrie79
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Stayed here with family on the 6th June 2011 after checking out from another hotel nearby due to our unsatisfaction towards their rooms. Pergola Hotel is just a block away from the first hotel that we booked earlier. And we found it was fantastic in most aspects. We just need a place to relax and sleep for our 2 days break in Melaka.

We booked a Family Suite which cost us RM278 per night without breakfast (which we don't mind since there were planty eateries around the hotel). The suite provides 1 an extra queen size bed and 2 single beds, small living area with flat lcd tv 32". Coffee making facility, air condition, wardrobe, writing table and chair, sofa and coffee table.

It was very clean with wooden laminated floor and the bathroom with high pressure rain shower with hot water. Everything in the room worked well and we highly recommended the hotel to people who wish to explore Melaka.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family