“Good value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Hallmark Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Hallmark Inn
Ranked #97 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

the rooms was nice, clean and tidy. I was surprised considering the affordable price, i get large lcd tv, comfort bed, new safe deposit box and nice warm showers. Yet, dont expect much for the breakfast, just like the standard budget hotel.
Its located about 15-20 minutes walk to an area in which historical sites are concentrated, go outside to the right, then turn right at the first and walk straight across plenty of chinese shops, pass the intersection, then finally you may see many other tourists.
However, when i ordered taxi through reception, the waiting time was so long, we saw several taxis passing by, and in the end we got an old taxi.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pakspa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

As our reserved room in The Emperor hotel was overbooked, we got transferred here upon arrival. We came in by express bus from Kuala Lumpur, during which the weather improved by the minute. Seems that the see-side location of Melaka helps with clearing the air and you will actually see sun, even in rainy season, which is not that common in KL.
The rooms are quite small, but well equiped. The bathroom had a shower without any curtain or screen, so every time you take a shower (the number can rise quickly if you are busy on a sweaty day), the floor is wet and water may flood into the room. The bathroom is quite clean though, so more an inconvenience then an issue. The Melaka river is nearby and the the city center, which is an Unesco world heritage site, with the Dutch Stadhuys and Jonker/Heeren streets can be found at walking distance (~10 minutes). The hotel provides a neat breakfast in an outside space and laundry services are excellent and affordable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Didn't find the reception staff at all welcoming or helpful.

WiFi very signal very unstable in the hotel.

Room was not clean. Even the glasses in the bathroom weren't clean, and remained unclean over the five nights I was there.

The wardrobe and safe were just about impossible to use as the were squeezed into a corner, where you could not get the doors open properly,

Breakfast was poor.

Staff were noisy, and disturbed you in the morning shouting to each other as they cleaned.

If I returned to Melaka I would not stay here again. There was other accommodation available of a better quality at a lower price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Melaka hotels

Singapore, null, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I organised a trip with my whole family (booked 3 rooms) staying at Hotel Hallmark Inn at Melaka from 26th to 28th Dec 2012 and that was a upsetting and unhappy stay.

First day (check-in), the front-desk lady was not friendly when I arrived. She did not even state to me properly that she will give me the room keys after the room has been arranged and making me standing at the counter till she ask me "what do you want???" So I ask her "I thought you are arranging for me??? Ain't you suppose to tell me the status before I KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO???" She just simply say "that's all, you wait at the cafe there!" "THERE" means their cafe outside their hotel entrance with no aircon.

Second day, the lift was smelly and I think it is because some of the customers of theirs stepped on the dog poos (at the carpark) and then back into their hotel lift. When I asked my kids n maid to stand aside, their "seem-to-be" supervisor, a chinese male went into the lift (without asking us to excuse first), smell and ask him man to check out too (still treating us as transparent) and then say in mandarin "I think my nose spoilt, how come THEY (referring to us!) can smell, I can't... Come smell for me!" Does he think that we are lying to him or trying to make any fuss out of it??? I don't think we are that nothing to do during our holiday.

Third day and was our last day there, at least the front-desk lady changed and this lady seems even more friendier and welcome to talk to us and even chat with us about kids etc... I would like to recommend this kind of good service from this lady.

Room: The toilet stink with urine smell and I have to wash the toilet with my own shower foam so that I can keep away the smell. OMG!

Room-maker: A young malay chap, he was so nice, caring and friendly.... Thumbs up for him!

Complimentary Breakfast: Just a word to describe, SUCKS! We ended up having to go out to source our own breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed at the Hallmark Inn for 3 nights over a weekend. Didn't prior realise just how many Malaysian families visited Melaka on these days, with many coming from KL on coach outings and staying a single night. Meant this hotel was very busy and active throughout my stay until leaving myself on the Monday, when became very quiet. Only difficulty caused to me was that as soon as restaurant opened each morning at 7.30 am , there was a surge of families all rushing in at same time, concerned for their coaches picking them up an hour later. On the Saturday morning, there was so many at this time that several were standing up to eat breakfast for lack of sufficient seating. But then hour later, plenty of room everywhere. Surprised management of hotel didn't organise breakfast for hour earlier on both these days. However, despite some earlier reviews of this hotel stating that the breakfasts were poor, I would disagree and considered them very good for room price paid. Far from 4* standard but better than expected.
The Hallmark Inn is not in a bad location either. Could be easier to access by bus from main bus station, but it is only a few minutes walk to the river, and then a pleasant 20 minute stroll on into centre of town. BW Wana Riverside is close and the height/position of this hotel is a good marker. The riverside walkways are a real bonus to enjoy of a morning.
Hallmark Inn itself is medium sized, not a huge hotel, and you are much aware that it is obviously budget. However, everything worked well. There were no long waits for the lifts and the cleanliness throughout was quite reasonable. Service was no better than average.
My room was large with a comfortable bed, clean linen, albeit the furnishings were adequate but had seen much use. Bathroom was ok , but nothing over special. Toilet tissue was good. Surprisingly no noise at night despite number of children obvious of a morning.
So would I recommend this hotel? Well, I would have no quibble about going back to stay their again and bearing in mind the nightly rates are much lower than most other 3* hotels located in same area, I consider it offered really good value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Penang
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it was near to almost all the tourist attractions in Melaka. They provide ample place to park your cars. We just needed to cross the other side of the road and walk along the riverside to enjoy the river cruise. Food wise, the hotel breakfast choice was rather limited. Having said that, if you do not fancy taking a stroll to the nearby Jalan Bungs Raya or Jonker Street, the hotel serves yummy noodles at dinner time.. We stayed at the room that overlooked the hotel car park (as requested).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisalam88
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Relatively new budget hotel with all basic neccesarities. Bed and pillows are quite comfortable, sleeping condition is all right for short stay but not fantastic. Service wise, worse of the worst. Reception people are very rude, unhelpful and comment some awful stuff in Malay, thinking we don't understand! Never stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends