“Highly recommended for tourists who are on a budget without sacrificing comfort.”

and 1 more site!
Roof Top Guest House Melaka
Ranked #9 of 227 Melaka B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I came here for an overnight stay. The couple who owned this were very accommodating. Awesome ambiance! And the cake on the dining table is very yummy too! Highly recommended for tourists who are on a budget without sacrificing comfort.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have just come back from Melaka staying at the Rooftop guesthouse. It was very nice stay. As I traveled alone I did not want to pay for an expensive room as I will be out most of the days. I wanted something very simple. I did not expect much so just follow a recommendation from my friends and booked Rooftop guesthouse. It turned out to be fantastic. This was like a private house setting so it was like you were having a homestay experience. The location was unbeatable, right in the old town, near to everything. The living room was spacious with nice sofa so you could sit down to relax. The kitchen was very clean and there were tea, coffee, fresh fruits and cakes available all the time. Everyone praised about their homemade cakes. The rooftop was very nice with table and chairs. Of course room was simple but for the price paid (18USD) it was well worth it. As I booked the cheap room, the bathroom was outside, shared ones. But there were ensuite room available.
The best part of it was the owner, Mani and Raymond. They greeted me upon check-in and provide excellent information about Melaka. They were all good information you need to know: what to do/see, where to eat and drinks.... Very clear instruction map and you can explore the place at ease.
The only minor thing was the sign they put everywhere in the house to warn about not to do something. They were a little overdone. While the warning was to keep the house as it was, charming and clean, they were everything you should tell yourself not to do. So less unnecessary could create a complete friendly environment.
All in all, it was a wonderful stay thanks to Mani and Raymond. I highly recommend this place to everyone and if I come back to Melaka, I will definitely come back to the Rooftop.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank vn_hoangnguyen
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Coming to Melaka for a short weekend escape, we're glad to find our guesthouse conviniently located in the heart of tourist area without sacrificing its quietness. Rooftop is ideally built for independent travellers who like to wander alone by themselves to feel local charms within certain amount of budget. From morning to evening, something beautiful always awaited you around the corner. The best moment for us was to walk along the river early in the morning feeling the quiet Melaka. Then followed by exploring museums or other historical building, ate the delicious njonja food and assam boy juice and enjoyed the twilight by river cruise.

What makes our stay turned out to be more pleasant is the unspoken little things not included on the list. Some are beyond our expectation such as a map with local culinary tips, the sweet aroma of cake as we're coming back after a long walk under the sun (so refreshing!), the delicious variety of home-made cake and tropical fruits always available on the table (while they mentioned no breakfast is provided). Well, we simply said, Mani and Raymond knows well how to add spices to make our small vacation as a specially memorable one.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I can not praise this guesthouse enough. We stayed 3 nights in October 2013 and have no negatives to report. Everything was perfectly executed, there were flip flops so you can keep your feet dry when using the shower, and umbrellas to borrow for the heat/rain. The best bit was the homemade cakes everyday which was a lovely luxury. The rooftop garden is great, set out for you to do laundry and the rooftop shower was also a highlight. The location is very central, the hostel felt really safe and exceptional value at one of the cheapest private rooms we've had yet in Asia. When I read about the sister hostel Riverview, I was disappointed they were fully booked but Raymond and Mani were great hosts and if I return to Melaka there will only be one place I will stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Just in the outline of Melaka's China town you'll find this perfect guest house, which is very well kept and feels very fresh!
Friendly hosts (a married couple that lives here),
a fully functional and clean kitchen,
very nice rooftop chill out areas,
nice rooms with clean sheets in the bed,
and the best thing.. They have home made cake on the kitchen table every day!

Upon arrival we received a cold drink and lots if info about Melaka city center, all the good restaurants and the tourist streets. Also a map.

I truly recommend this little pearl of a guest house, you do not see many of these!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were supposed to stay 3 nights there but finally we decided to spend a few days more as the hotel was outstanding.
Very clean, safe, well organized (the owners live there so there are a lot of rules but relevant ones) and the price is quite good. You can enjoy fruits and homemade cakes in the morning in spite of a non inclusing breakfast stay officially and the owners are really friendly.
Besides, the shared bathrooms are really clean.
In a one year-trip, this is one of the most outstanding guesthouse I've stayed in.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

The place is beautiful with it's lovely entrance, the well equipped kitchen and the great terraces. Also Mani does an excellent job as host. But there are signs all over the place telling you what is forbidden. After a while I found myself checking all the time if i did anything wrong. There wasn't anybody really using the communal space... I think there won't be a relaxed traveller atmosphere under these circumstances.

• Stayed: September 2013