1,687 results
All reviews sorbet the river rooftop pool onde onde jonker street welcome home turn down service river view room little touches semi buffet ala carte cold towels big bathtub beautiful hotel ceiling fan hard rock cafe stone's throw
Reviewed June 18, 2016

This is our second experience at a Casa Del Rio, Melaka, having stayed there two years ago. Really glad to discover that the level of service was as great as it was two years back.

Check in was a breeze. Guests are seated at the cozy cabana near the lobby while the front desk clerk checks you in. Cold towels and a sorbet is also provided while waiting. The clerk will bring over the documents and key card to you at the cabana. Very convenient.

The balcony of our room overlooks the courtyard which was really beautiful. A serving of a nyonya kuih (ondeh-ondeh) was waiting for us in the tastefully decorated room. We booked the Studio King room, so there were ample room for the four of us (2 adults, 1 kid and 1 toddler).

The famous Jonker Street was just a few steps away, so was the Hard Rock Cafe. Some of the highly rated eateries in Melaka were also nearby (Pak Putra Roti Naan and Hajjah Mona Asam Pedas).

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank NoreenKhairudin
Reviewed June 17, 2016

Excellent service from all staff. Very secured car park for those who drive. The staff even cleaned my car's windscreen and Windows during the night. Comfortable stay. Located very near Jonker street.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2016

We stayed for three nights in June and it was a lovely spot to get away from it all, with a great location to explore the historical town of Melaka. We enjoyed mornings out in the town followed by relaxing afternoons by the lovely rooftop pool. We ate in the restaurant for dinner once, being Ramadan it was a buffet which had quite a lot of interesting choices. Breakfast was the only let down, my poached eggs on the first day were virtually raw! The room was lovely, facing over the river, though I would suggest an upgrade to the balcony furniture - it would have been lovely to sit out there but the seats did not warrant it at all.
On the whole a very nice hotel and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2016

I love the hotel environment , it was easy and relax that made us feeling comfortable,
the library is good idea, we like it.. and the check in process was quite smooth and relax.
Some suggestion :
- add a function room for family activities, as in Melaca no much things we can do :)
- Hotel breakfast need to improve on the variety & taste
- hotel toiletries is quite good , but short of comb
- I booked room for family of 4 ( 3 adult & 1 child) however we only have all 3 set of towel/ tooth brush , that have created some inconveniences.

After all , we think this is a memorable stay !!
Keep it up !!
Thank yiou.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I decided to go back to this hotel after a month for a staycation. The check in was still great and the comfort of the room was still amazing.

Unfortunately, we had a bad experience the next morning. We didn't go for the breakfast this time so we decided to sleep in. At about 10 a.m., a lady from the hotel just used her key card to open our room door without knocking or pressing the bell. I was so shock, I didn't say anything. She said she wanted to check the minibar. We haven't even checked out, nor indicated to the hotel that we were going to, considering that check out time was at noon! We are both quite upset about this and felt a terrible intrusion on our privacy.

The cleaning of the wind screen which I mentioned last time didn't happen, but I was alright with that. I had some problems with my parking ticket when I tried to go out, but it was a good thing the lady was at the basement to help us, or it would have made me even more upset and would've just wanted to get away from there!

Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
Hotel_ManagerCdR, Manager at Casa del Rio Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Dear celine_sernlin,

Thank you for the review, it disappoints me greatly to learn of your incident, here at Casa del Rio we strive to ensure that all guests have a comfortable and relaxing stay. On this occasion it seems that we did not meet your expectations nor our standards. Please accept my apologies for the negative experience, however please be assured that we will investigate and conduct retraining in order to ensure that a similar situation never reoccurs again. Once again please do accept my apologies, should you wish to discuss the matter further, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the Hotel.

Regards