Casa del Rio Melaka
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$59
$38
$58
$39
1,591 results
All reviewssorbetthe riverrooftop poolonde ondecinnamon soapjonker streetriver view roomturn down servicelittle touchessemi buffetcold towelsala cartebig bathtubbeautiful hotelceiling fanhard rock cafestone's throw
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 17, 2013

If you're looking to base yourself close to Jonker Walk, Casa Del Rio is the place to stay. Just steps from Jonker, it's a great base to explore Jonker and Heeren, whether the sights in the day or the weekend street market at night.

The rooms are well-appointed with some balconies overlooking the river. We love the little touches, from the book with staff and guests' comments about Melaka, the 555 notebook, book on Melaka, rubber ducky by the tub, snacks in the room. Only downside is the bar further down is a little noisy but closing the balcony doors cuts most of it out. Breakfast is quite a feast, with a decent buffet with a balance of Western and Asian dishes. There is also the option of ala carte items such as eggs benedict.

It's an almost half an hour leisurely walk to Mahkota and Pahlawan. Taxis tend to get caught in traffic; the hotel can call for one.

A night here is more costly than the other hotels in town, but for the convenience to check out Jonker and the quality of the place, I would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank juzatourist
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Having watched CDR under construction over several trips to Melaka, we have long wanted to stay here. The reality has exceeded expectation. It is the perfect place to stay, comfortable, nice European feel and has attentive and courteous staff. We will definitely be coming back. Thank you to all the staff who made our visit such a memorable one.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Combine old world charms with modern facilities and breath-taking views, and you have Casa del Rio – a luxury boutique hotel that pays tribute to the cultural heritage of Melaka. Casa del Rio offers 66 luxuriously appointed rooms and is the only hotel located by the banks of Melaka river.

My Casa del Rio experience started with a refreshing lime sorbet upon check-in, and a cold towel to freshen up from the humidity of Melaka state. Soon after, I was lead to my room – beautifully decorated and designed, creatively blending Mediterranean style with Peranakan elements.

From my balcony, I got a beautiful view of the Melaka River and the clear blue skies. My bathroom was spacious and comes with a bathtub and a separate shower stall for convenience. The room also includes high-speed internet access, flat screen TV, iPod docking station, in-room safe and a mini bar.

While there are many nearby attractions from Casa del Rio, guests can also enjoy a day-in by checking out the rooftop infinity pool that offers a view of Melaka skyline. There is also a children’s pool for travellers with young kids. The rooftop gym is equipped with modern cardio training and strength equipment — perfect for fitness buffs, while those who seek a pampering experience may find one at Satkara Spa.

I dined at The River Grill for both dinner and breakfast the following day. I think they do pretty good local/Asian dishes so if you stick to those selections, you can’t go wrong. I especially loved the Thai-style prawn salad – robustly flavoured, fresh tasting and sweet from the seafood. Breakfast is half buffet and half ala carte, where you pick one main dish and get your breads, cereals, fruits and drinks from the buffet spread.

Casa del Rio boasts easy access to Melaka attractions such as Jonker Walk, Christ Church, A Famosa and St Paul’s Church. You can opt to walk to these sites (recommended) or take a taxi. The latter is more time consuming. Besides, you’re in Melaka. Walk, and explore!

Guests can also go for the river cruise, a service extended by Casa del Rio. River Cruisers depart daily between 9.30am to midnight on thirty minute intervals from the jetty on the opposite side of the hotel. The cruise cost RM15 per foreigner – adult and RM7 per foreigner – child. For locals, it’s RM10 and RM5 respectively. It’s best to go for the evening cruise as that is when the city is beautifully lit up.

Hotel staff were attentive to their guests’ needs. It was full occupancy when we were there and despite that, the staff remembered which guests needed to leave for Kuala Lumpur International Airport and arranged for the transportation based on the flight details.

Truly a Home by the River! I had a wonderful weekend at Casa del Rio. Prices are naturally higher compared to the rest of the hotels in Melaka but I reckon you’re paying for the overall experience and hospitality. I wouldn’t mind doing so on special occasions.

Room Tip: The rooms with river view are amazing, but they can get a bit noisy when musicians start playing from across the river bank.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We've made weekend visits to Melaka twice before, staying at other hotels, but this was the first Melaka weekend with my baby boy and our first time at Case del Rio.

My baby boy is very very very fond of water, and water is the focal of this hotel! He loved the fountain at the lobby. He loved the bathtub. He loved the kiddie pool, the infinity pool and the benches in the pool, opposite the pool bar. We appreciated being able to order french fries at the pool, in order to persuade my baby to leave the pool! The aioli they served the fries with was delicious. A really great pool!

We also appreciate the convenience of not having to queue for the river cruise and got the best seats on the boat. My son had a great time on the river cruise, though my parents fell asleep!

I only wish I had had more time to spend in the library! A decent variety to read, which I didn't have time for, chasing after my baby boy. Good coffee, though the machine was tricky to work. Luckily service is so great and helpful. They're practically instant!

We didn't bother eating at the hotel, since Melaka is full of delicious food, and all really nearby! We even had a really tasty dinner right opposite the hotel for RM10 a head, with fish head assam pedas, another fish, beef, 2 veggies and salted eggs.

Will need to scrounge up the money to come up again, because our 2 nights there was the best Melaka weekend I'd ever had!

Room Tip: The swimming pool is on the 3rd floor. If you've got pool fiends for children, I highly recommend getting a room on the 3rd floor too, so that logistics between pool and room are less complicated.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

The location of the hotel was excellent as it was near jonkers street. Despite that, the hotel felt exclusive. Having stayed at a number of hotels in Melaka, this is by far the best stay. The check-in took a while but we were given vouchers to get drinks at the cafe, not your usual cheap fruit cordial but we could pick our lattes and beers. Refreshing sorbet was served as welcome drink. Room was nice and new with mediterranean feel. The breakfast was very sumptuous, my kids enjoyed it tremendously. They had a nice reading room with snacks and capsule coffee machine. Though the pool was a tad small, the friendly pool bar staff made up for it. We were given complimentary drinks and fruit. It was a five-star experience.

• Stayed: December 2012