“Wow, this was a great experience!!!”

Casa del Rio Melaka
Ranked #1 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
New York, NY
“Wow, this was a great experience!!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed at many fine hotels around Asia, not only during my current seven week trip to this continent but in years past, but this one was superb in every way: excellent and roomy accommodations with a view of the river; superb location --- a three minute walk into the heart of Melaka; an incredibly pleasant and helpful staff, starting with Susan who seems to be the supervisor of much of the staff cohort and who is most responsive and capable; an excellent array of breakfast choices; and a very positive response to my request to extend my check-out by two hours. And the cost was quite reasonable indeed.

Not only that, but lots of "little things" -- e.g., in the public restroom, a dispenser of mouthwash with little disposable cups to use; a dish of sweets in the room; a scented (!) souvenir book mark to take home; even some whimsical items like the little "rubber ducky" perched on one corner of the bath tub.

Did I mention that the bathroom was large and lovely as was the walk in area where one finds a closet plus plus. Oh --- very comfortable furniture on the balcony overlooking the river.

In short, one terrific property with all the right "touches."

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Trup
A_Nels0n, Manager at Casa del Rio Melaka, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Trup,

Greetings form Casa del Rio Melaka,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Casa del Rio, we are glad to know that you appreciated many of the touches we have an offer during your visit.

I do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards
Aarron
Casa del Rio Melaka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Penang
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have tried all four hotels under the same hotel management in Malaysia this year. The good hospitality is the only reason bringing us back each time when we want to choose a hotel. Check in is effective, with cold towel and sorbet served. Staff explains all facilities and bringing you through your room letting you know what you have. As we are checking-in with a kid, they prepared kid drink at the mini bar as well as a lovely bath toy by the bath tub. The location of the hotel is just by the riverside and next to the famous tourist spots. It is very easy to go around the places by walking. The hotel also have a few bikes available for hourly hire. Everything is alright here with nothing for me to complain about.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear NeeNee_Cho,

Greetings from your home by the river...

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are also delighted to know you have tried a number of our hotels in Malaysia, I enjoyed looking through your photos, thank you for sharing.

We will look forward to welcome you.....soon again hopefully.

Casa del Rio
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

What can we say - we have travelled extensively and stayed in many types of hotel but this one beats them all. Although we understand it was only built about 10 years ago it has the feel of an old colonial hotel with top quality design and amazing attention to comfort and detail. our river view room was superb. Large, comfortable extremely well furnished and equipped with an amazing bed and bathroom. he breakfasts had the biggest variety and choice we have ever experienced. The roof top infinity pool was also wonderful. We would go to Melaka again just to stay at this hotel! the staff were helpful, friendly and genuine.

Room Tip: Choose a river view room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JimBirgitte,

Greetings from Casa del RIo,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I am delighted to know that you had enjoyed your visit to Melaka and the hotel.

We look forward to welcome you again.

Casa del RIo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I traveled for business to Melaka and quite enjoyed my stay at the Casa del Rio.
The rooms are spacious, very clean and well equipped. The staff is very helpful but not extremely knowledgeable on things to do in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank lacar1970
A_Nels0n, Manager at Casa del Rio Melaka, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear lacar1970

Greetings from Casa del Rio,

We are happy to know that you found time to enjoy the hotel even though you were on business.

I will ensure we improve on our knowledge for all guest with our staff and by having more recommendations accessible for you and all of our guest.

Hope to see you next time you are in Melaka.

Algiers, Algeria
Reviewed September 17, 2013

From arrival to departure this hotel was amazing! Don't let the price tag scare you away, the entire experience is amazing and worth it! The facility and staff attention level are both tops. They give you tons of information about anything. It's information interaction that make this place not just a luxurious vacation getaway but a really special place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank SamiRZ201
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was my second stay at the Hotel and I can safely say that there has been a deterioration of the standard of service provided by the hotel. On arrival ...we drove, there was no one waiting to provide us with assistance on where and what to do.

The check in staff were not very knowledgeable and very rudimentary. The room and facilities were excellent though!

We had wanted to watch a premier league match on a channel not showing at the hotel bar but unfortunately none of the staff could assist us!! The Hotel MUST retrain staff to have sufficient knowledge of surrounding restaurants pubs etc!

If it is not possible at least have a duty person who can assist in recommending restaurants or shops ,etc!!!!

The internet was definitely crap! At such a high end Hotel, I expected better quality internet connection at the least. The restaurants were quite well served by friendly and knowledgeable staff!!

Further, I was surprised that throughout my 3 nights stay at the Hotel, I did not see the General Manager or any of his Senior Managers around. It was suprising as this is not a big hotel and we did spend most of our time at the Hotel.

Perhaps being the long weekend, all Senior Staff were on leave????

Even on my first visit, I did not meet any senior managers around! Maybe this hotel operates by delegation from Senior Managers at the Head Office!!!!!!!

The management must ensure that the standards that was set when it first opened be maintained or improved and not allow it to slide like all things Malaysian!

This is a beautiful hotel which is not cheap but if standards continue to slide it would become average in a couple of years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ragunath_k7
Dear Ragunath_k7

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through trip Advisor, I was disappointed to see that you had many challenges during your stay.

We indeed do have many managers around, I would love to try and meet every single guest if it's possible, yet I am sorry that I was unable to meet yourself, I assure you that we are driven to ensure standards are maintained and we are constantly look to see how we can improve, we are introducing some exciting services, and we try to ensure we do this constantly.

We are in the process to considerably improve our internet supply, I expect this soon, we understand how important a strong internet supply is important for guest and are currently working with the telecommunication company to bring the best internet connection to Casa del Rio,

I would like to further assure you and readers of this review, we are very serious to make sure that we maintain and even improve our standards not only for now but for many years to come.

Let's hope we have a chance to meet next time you are in Melaka, if you are planning please contact me on aarron.nelson@casadelrio-melaka.com

Yours Sincerely
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My first time in Melaka and loving every moment. The hotel is located so central to every attraction. Beautifully located by the river. Check-in was smooth with attentive staff. The room is super spacious. Love the walking closet, the extra space in the bathroom, one of the best beds I have ever slept on, so comfortable, plus a convenient balcony overlooking the pool.

The turndown service was a nice touch with spa scent. Love the diary idea and every detail in the room. Lunch and dinner was very tasty and love the Peranakan cuisine and pizza selection. Drinks by the bar were also yummy and good value.

You can walk from the hotel to the Jonker street, Hard Rock Cafe, the church, and good food stalls. I love this trip and already plan to come back with my family.

Thanks, Casa del Rio!

Room Tip: any room is good. either overlooking the pool and a glimpse of bridge, or overlooking the river. bea...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Fandy L
Dear FandyL

Thank you for staying with us, we are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and your dining experience.

I hope I have the chance to welcome you soon again to Casa del RIo.