The Casa Del Rio hotel is a beautiful, elegant boutique hotel right in the middle of Malacca situated by the bank of the river. The room is spacious and beautifully designed. The bathroom is huge with a big bathtub and a lovely rain shower. The amenities are of superior quality. The bed is very comfortable with luxurious linen. River Cafe serves great food for reasonable prices. The breakfast has limited variety. It comprises of a buffet and a la carte menu. Every room has a logbook where staff and guest can write their experience. Nice idea!
However, the biggest issue of this hotel is the quality of the staff. They are not well trained and their knowledge is below the standard of a five star hotel.
A few examples:
* Upon arrival there was no door man at the entrance to assist and advise us where to park.
* Check-in took long. The front desk staff did not know if we had a king-sized bed in the room. Although he was a trainee, he was not ready to serve the guest.
* It is strange that they do not serve alcohol after 12 midnight through room service.
* The hotel staff should always respect hotel guest's privacy. Our door was ringed 3 times on different occasion even though we had the 'Do not disturb' sign on.
* During check out the reception was packed with 8 staff and no customers. 6 were trainees. The other 2 staff were incapable to train the trainees. No supervisor or manager was seen during our stay.
* The music from the live band was very loud till 0.45pm. Doors of the bar remained open till 2pm. This resulted in unnecessarily noise. We could clearly hear this with our balcony doors closed.
It is a beautifull hotel but staff needs training and supervisors, manager should be more visible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa del Rio, Melaka, part of The Boutique Collection by HPL Hotels & Resorts, is located on Jalan Kota Laksamana, Melaka, a literal 2 minute walk away from the popular Jonkers Walk and heritage attractions. Keen observers will pick out the Arabic, Chinese and Dutch influences woven into the dominantly Mediterranean architecture. This boutique hotel, offering first class services, is already a striking addition to the historic skyline of the city. The hotel's 66 guest rooms and suites, each covering a minimum of 50 sq meters, uniquely feature dressing areas, bathrooms, split level bedrooms and private balconies as well as a number of unique personal touches. Aiming to provide an "at Home" atmosphere, Casa del Rio is a sanctuary from the city's bustle, with spaces for indulgent reflective solitude or stimulating interactive conversation depending on the choice of the traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa del Rio Melaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Rio Melaka Hotel Melaka