“Pefect Haze Getaway Hotel Stay at Casa del Rio”

Ranked #1 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Singapore
“Pefect Haze Getaway Hotel Stay at Casa del Rio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed in this quiet yet wonderful hotel from 19 to 21 Jun, which is merely 2 min walk from the bustling Jonker street , Hard Rock Café and the iconic Melaka fort and Christ Church. The service staff was polite and welcomed us with lemongrass with ginger sorbet at the hotel lobby. The security staff Naguib and Ramli were very helpful and recommended many nice and popular eateries around the city. Our room 328 which was facing the courtyard, was cosy and was impressed by the onde dessert and turn down service to enhance the overall room ambience. What impress me the most was the toilet cleaniness and the daily news update imprinted on the toilet wall. I also like the Library, in which I can indulged in some quiet moments with my favourite travel magazine reads whilst sipping thru the complimentary tea/coffee and light snacks. In addition, the breakfast at the cosy River Café facing the river view was my best ever, the staff was friendly and the ala la carte menu was pretty extensive and sumptuous. My favourite was Egg Benedict and the bread pudding was awesome! The evening hours spent at Bar Rio with my family was great and we enjoyed the cocktail service. The relaxing night dip with my son at the Infinity Pool on the roof top level was truly relaxing and enjoyable whilst admiring the pretty night view of Melaka river and surroundings. Service staff Baldip was equally friendly and helpful to load our luggage to our coach before we depart for home. This is my first trip to Malacca and am sure that I shall be back to Casa in the near future definitely! Suggestion: another dustbin beside the bed or TV area.

Room Tip: Choose a river view room
1 Thank GentingMania
A_Nels0n, Manager at Casa del Rio Melaka, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear GentingMania

We are happy to know that your first trip to Melaka was spent staying with us at Casa del Rio, thank you for your kind comments on the hotel and services, I will ensure this is shared with the team, we have noted your suggestion for an additional dustbin in the room, and we will consider this.

We hope to see you soon again when you are looking for a quick break away, we are always working on offering exciting options with our Food & Beverage, you can keep updated through our hotel website.

Best regards
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed in this boutique hotel recently and were impressed with the large room space and cleanliness. We requested for a room with river view.The overall service was great and while waiting to be check-in to our hotel room, we were greeted with refreshing and cold ginger dessert.
The location of the hotel is great as it is just steps away from the Jonker Street and Hard Rock Café.

1 Thank cksapr10
Dear cksapr10,

Thank you for staying with use at Casa del Rio, ware are indeed happy to know that we left you with a good impression.

We will hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights a couple of months back with some friends on a golf trip. Was rather pleased with the resort, the room, etc. Upon check-out, I was charged the full amount, which by the way is relatively expensive.

A few weeks later, my friend who made the reservations, told me that her AMEX card was charged for my room as well. When she contacted them, all she got was reasons and excuses on why we were "accidentally" charged twice. In the explanation, it seems that they realized they had double-charged 3 days after the transaction and proceeded immediately to arrange for the refund. It's now been 2 months since my stay and my credit card has yet seen any refund from this resort. Last I heard, we have to wait longer while they "get the confirmation of refund from our finance department"!!

I have booked accommodation through the web on numerous occasions over the years, both direct and through hotel booking portals, and this is the first time ever I've been double-charged. Didn't expect this from a 5-star hotel and supposed "Best" in Melaka.

Mistakes are fine if you correct them as soon as you realize them. It is rather sad that the inefficient front office / finance department had to spoil the good name of the hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Kaurihoi
A_Nels0n, Manager at Casa del Rio Melaka, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor readers,

We have contacted this guest directly regarding their recent visit to Casa del Rio.

Should any reader of this review have any further questions or queries please contact myself aarron.nelson@casadelrio-melaka.com

Kind regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Last minute Friday night pack and go thing.....managed to liaise with the sales department via mails correspondence and was really impress with their prompt sales backup and services and got hold of a last available room offered ( studio king...extra bed chargeable inclusive breakfast though)

2 and half hours drive and arrived in the lobby,grand nice set up with fountain pools in front and rows of sofa to ease off the tired trip taken with a welcome ginger & lime drink.

Check in was a quickie with the professional receptionist that really put smiles on our faces despite the tired road trip taken and felt the warm and friendly ambiance after which was resting in the rows of sofas along the fountain areas with a no other than local thirst quencher (ginger & lime freeze)
Our room is located on the first floor in the center of the hotel river view.Room had a great balcony view of the river activities and clear view of the meleka icon (church st.paul) on the left. Panoramic view despite on the first floor I must admit

Ample room space with all amenity intact with a very nice toilet fitted both with a bath tub and a shower which the kids really enjoyed every minute of it.

Housekeeping was excellent.

Breakfast spreads was value for money with the wide variety of spreads and the attentive managers,waiter & waitress patient and attention to every guest request,Sincere THANKS guys ! Tables placed outdoor must seek sight of the morning sun and happening along the river.

Walking distance to all the tourist outlet and attraction from the hotel and only 3 min walk to the famous "Jonker lane" just right beside the hotel for night stalls(pasar malam) with lots of offers

Will definitely be back in the near future

Room Tip: Get the rooms that has balcony and facing the river view preferable in the center of the building
1 Thank Kelvin T
Dear R-Seeker,

Greetings from Casa del Rio Melaka,

Thank you for staying with us recently, we are happy to know that you decided to stay with us last minute.

We are indeed happy to know you enjoyed both the hotel and the services from our staff; we will look forward to hopefully see you soon again.

Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed in a Studio King with extra bed for 3D2N. The bed size is smaller than normal King size bed, compared to other hotels we have stayed before.

My cousin who was also on the trip had made prior booking and given all her credit card details a week before the trip. We arrived sometimes after 2pm. Upon check-in, we were attended by a girl wearing a tag "I am new". She requested IC for the 3 of us for registration, reasoning that it was for security purpose....OK..fine with us. Then she asked for the 2nd guest to also sign on the check-in slip...reasoning it is for security purpose....again!!! we could not find the justification for this when payment is to be made by the 1st guest, and credit card transaction is already approved for whatever amount that was required.

When we entered the room, the set-up for extra bed and 3rd guests was not ready yet, despite our 1 week notice earlier. Anyway, the studio room has ample space for an extra bed.

The trip was meant to be a birthday treat from my accompanying friends for me. They have requested for a cake to be ready in the room when we entered as a suprise for me. Disappointingly, the cake was only delivered later on when I was already in the room. I pity my friends who had tried their best to make a memorable birthday celebration for me, but received poor cooperation from the hotel.

The room view was excellent, facing the Melaka River. Hotel is situated in less than 5mins walk to Jonker Street, Hard Rock Cafe and other tourist attractions in Bandar Hilir. As it was during school holidays, there were a lot of activities across the river and noises from concerts, parties, etc.

The breakfast selection was good. We had drinks at the Bar Rio on our 1st night. The live band is not too bad and there was even a fireworks show right across the river that night.

The trip was during a school holiday weekend. But we were glad that the hotel was pretty quiet, not much crowd (and kids running around), especially during breakfast and at the pool area. Most probably will return to this hotel in future trips.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Melaka River or the lobby fountains are nicer.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank IntanWan
Dear IntanWan

Greetings from Casa del Rio Melaka

Thank you for deciding to stay with us recently, I was a bit concerned over some point during you stay, firstly you mentioned the checking process, we do try to gather the information of each person checking in for us to ensure that we know the occupants of each room, we will look to see how we can make this process more convenient to guest check in. I am very sorry regarding the cake arrangement, this should have been arranged as per your request, I do apologies and we will look to improve on our guest request.

Apart for the shortfalls it seems you enjoyed the hotel and our location, we do hope to see you again sometime soon.

Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in a river view room overlooking the fountains and the river. The hotel is a 2 block walk from Jonker street, 3 blocks from the Red square and fountain and five minute walk to Pak Putra a great tandoori street restaurant. The staff and service were delightful. We never had any issues with towels or sheets they were plentyful and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel has a wonderful cinnamon soap. I ended up buying several bars in the store The room does have some steps which can be a bit dificult in the night. The spa was a delight. Both my husband and I went twice. The service and prices (for the high level of spa) were more than reasonable. We had a drink at the pool bar which has a disappearing edge pool overlooking the river and several drinks in the River bar. FYI the River bar pours a much fuller glass of wine than the pool and the house white is a decent South African. Breakfast was included in our rate and had a full range of asian, fruit, cereals, breads in a buffet along with a menu for my husbands "big breakfast" ie full English breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank voyager52
Aarron_N, Manager at Casa del Rio Melaka, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear voyager52

Greetings from Casa del Rio Melaka
Thank you for staying with us recently, we are happy to know you enjoyed the Casa del Rio location and services, we indeed are lucky to be near the main sites of the heritage area in Melaka.

We appreciate you feedback from your experience, I will ensure we get the pouring stand correct from our pool to the bar, we will ensure to follow the bar standard. It’s great you tried our spa, we are happy to know you found this reasonable, we intend to maintain this for hotel guest, so they can experience more treatments during their stay at a favorable price.

We would hope to welcome you both again to Casa del Rio soon.

Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My family of 4 paid RM800+ per night for the most basic room. Upon check in the service was already lousy. The staff couldn't speak proper English and was unresponsive. She left me standing while she check on my room and later told me she can't find my booking. She had to make a few phone calls while I was still standing infront of her. All she said was the room is not ready and check in is 3pm. She couldn't do anyhthing for me. Full stop. Rude to the core.
Finally when I check in in the evening, my request for high floor and quiet room was not met. Despite that I was the first guest to request for check in at 10.30am earlier that morning.
Next, I asked for additonal towels and bedsheets (2 more). Guess what? The housekeeping staff came to my room with a Security Guard. He questioned me how many people are in the room. He insisted on coming in to change my bedsheet and my towels. I told him my husband is already very tired and do not wish to be disturbed. He said if he can't come in to change he won't give us the extra towels and bedsheets! What rubbish is this? I was fuming mad and told him to forget about it!! Please don't stay there. They treat us guests like we stay for free and are like we have committed any crime? Sending a security guard to my room is really too much!

Room Tip: Aircon is not functioning well. Even as we set to 25C it is still freezing like hell. We have no c...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank sandieh58
A_Nels0n, Manager at Casa del Rio Melaka, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Sandie1958
Greetings from Casa del Rio Melaka,

We are quite concerned over your experience recently with your visit, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused, we noted your request for higher floor, yet we were unable to deliver as these rooms were occupied, with regards to the handling of your check in this could have been handled better, we will ensure to focus on this area to ensure that our guest experience exceeds expectation for our guest checking in.

With reference to your booking our reservations records indicated 2 guest were booked for this room, I understand this was reconfirmed upon check in by my senior staff and you indicated only 2 persons, our Deluxe category room only accommodate bedding for two persons, any extra would require an extra bed. As a precaution we do try to reconfirm number of occupants in each guest rooms for safety reasons and in case of emergencies.

I assure you there was not an intention of sending a security guard to your room, we do have security personals patrolling the guest floor frequently, and from time to time they will also assist with guest request.

I do hope you managed to enjoyed the sites and especially the food in Melaka, I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered at the hotel, we do hope you would visit us again, for us to ensure you have a positive experience.

Yours Sincerely