Casa del Rio Melaka
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $56/night.

$67
$48
$152
$135
1,628 results
All reviewssorbetthe riverrooftop poolonde ondecinnamon soapjonker streetriver view roomturn down servicelittle touchessemi buffetala cartecold towelsbig bathtubbeautiful hotelceiling fanhard rock cafestone's throw
Reviewed January 25, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 1 night, a short getaway during Chinese New Year from Singapore. I booked this place because of the wonderful review and it had not disappoint, even my mother who is quite picky loved this place as it is simply stunning. The location is good for exploring the old town as it is within walking distance to Jonker street and the river, but quite fare from the new town - and the taxi they booked for us at the reception was a rip off 20 ringgit and it's a 30-40 minutes walk otherwise. Infinity swimming pool is awesome and overlooks great scenery. The rooms are just superbly decorated and massive. One of the best hotels I've stayed in, worth the premium price.

Room Tip: River lounge
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank citizen_1903
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stayed one night at Casa over a weekend. It was a wonderful experience. Everything is personalized which is excellent. Casa even couriered my electric shaver back to me without charge when I left it behind. Thanks, Casa. Overall, a place worth the stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lovexploring
Reviewed January 18, 2012

This is an excellent hotel and well worth the money. We stayed here on our last night in malaysia before heading back to London via singapore. We arrived at 8am in the morning after a 9 hour bus journey and were allowed to check in without hassle. We were shown to our lovely room, river facing was super as we had our own balcony so was cool for chilling out in the evening. We even managed to squeeze in breakfast as well and the restaurant staff were attentive and kept refilling us with juices etc, we managed to fill up on an array of food and stayed full until dinner which we decided to have here also. My partner had a rare steak cooked to perfection and I settled for the local fare prawn salad with mango papaya and the local Nyonya tasting plate which included 6 dishes, lovely! Staff were super attentive and keen for us to enjoy our experience. All staff are English speaking and keen to learn fast ( am ashamed to say I speak no local language at all). We even managed to squeeze in a facial at the spa, had a trishaw trip and the river boat trip was well worth 10 ringit each, would suggest the 7.30 trip just as dusk settles in as you get the beautiful night lights within your 45 min. Trip and the history of the communities that have helped to shape this diverse place. Casa de rio Melaka is well worth a visit, would hugely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and get the river view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank H S
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Me and my husband was planning to take our 2 years old son for a visit to some of the Malacca's attraction e.g The Night Zoo, The Crocodile Farm and some other places just to spend the weekend. But, we end up spending our trip at the hotel simply by relaxing at the hotel and enjoying the nice view from and in the hotel (esp the lobby area). The room was beautiful and clean.(My son just love the rubber duck in the bath). Love how they actually clean our car's windscreen when we parked the car at the basement. The staff are friendly and act immediately to our request. We will definitely come back to try out the Melaka Suite which i hope they will still maintain the standard.The only thing that i think they need to improve is on the menu choices. Other than that, our short trip was just beautiful.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ammiz
Reviewed January 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed for a night in the deluxe room with the river view and had steak dinner at the Rio Grill restaurant. The room is beautiful and huge for a hotel room. The bed is nice and firmed. My wife could not stop admiring the decor in the room and inside the hotel. The location is Just next to jonker's street where you pretty much can find things that you need and dont need. The restaurant is nice especially at night with the view of the river. We probably will stay here whenever we come to back to melaka. The rate is quite high compared to the other hotels in town but definitely worth the extra you pay. The extra for the river view is really no big deal and we will opt that out to save money. We really enjoyed our dinner and breakfast at the river side restaurant. The service was not fantastic but at least several of the good staffs did try their best. My best wishes to Mr Sugu and Harul at the Grill!!

• Stayed: January 2012