“No complaints”

Dining options: Late Night
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“No complaints”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

N complaints about the freshness and the taste of the sauce. Did not have too queue for more than 5mins - I arrived at 6pm. I went to the shop on the left

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Very good satay cellup!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

First time having satay cellup..very yummy!! I wish they can sell the satay sauce :) You need to be early before the crowd forms. Price is reasonable!!

Visited July 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“You should try, at least once!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

"You should try satay celup!" That is what my Melaka friends have been telling me all this while. So we wanted to go to Capitol satay celup but diverted to Ban Lee Hiang due to heavy traffic. According to my friends, the outlet on the left is the original one.
Apparently one has to queue to eat here but our luck was good on that day as we managed to get a table in few minutes time. You have to choose you own ‘satays’ from the chiller. You can choose from a wide selection of fish balls, sausages, fresh seafood, cockles, vegetables etc. Best to take as many as you can consume first, if you want more then get refills. The price of each of the satay is counted based on the number of stick it has ie each stick is RM0.60. Similar to ‘lok-lok’, you will be cooking those items which you have taken in the pot of peanut gravy. If you want it spicier, you can add the chili flakes placed on the table.
Overall I would say it is average. I like the idea of cooking your own food and eat it while it’s hot. I do not like the gravy as doesn’t suit to my liking. Some says the Capitol is nicer as they have thicker gravy and tastier. I wouldn’t know that until I try it the next time I am in Melaka.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Cammal K
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Satay Celup”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Opposite hotel. Very special local delight. Apparently this is the original satay celup store. Cheap and good. But crowded so must wait if you go late

Visited February 2013
Melaka, Malaysia
“One of the good satay celup”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Although not the best satay celup in melaka, it is one of the choice when u come to melaka. try to eat the Red sign board one. the sauce is more spicier.

Visited February 2013