“an elegant contemporary conversion of an historical building with superb staff”

Courtyard @ Heeren Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 8, 2010

This just the place to sample the historic, cultural and food delights of Melaka. During our 4 night stay it was almost impossible to find a fault. The visible staff performed their duties efficiently and pleasantly, while the not so visible staff kept the hotel at a high level of cleanliness. It is central to most of the cultural, historic and food attractions of Melaka and less than a 2 minute walk to the Jonker Street weekend market with all it's color and movement. Several of the best Nonya restaurants in Melaka are almost in sight from the front door. Without wishing to embarass the owner, suffice to say he went the extra mile to make our stay memorable. We will be back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Singapore
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Location is excellent if you want to be near Jonkers Street - the conservation district in Melaka. The hotel is clean, quaint, quite stylish. The hotel lobby is attractive, though not particularly spacious nor comfy for lounging around. I got a Family Deluxe Room - clean, decently appointed. Shower was large, good water pressure from the rain shower. Beds and linen comfy , but I was woken at 6am by some loud noise (from a pump?), which went on-off-on-off for an hour. Pillows are way-too-high for my liking....next time I'll bring my own. The included free breakfast is decent, not great. They couldnt get the free wi-fi to work for several hours. Free parking at the rear of the hotel. One of the more expensive Melakan hotels, but worth it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EYeo
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed December 1, 2010

We have been there for one night and this hotel is all you want. Very well located they do everything to make you feel good. Starts with a warm welcome, a free parking space behind the hotel and is not ending with a wonderfull breakfirst. E.g. they tried everything to provide me with the complete name of the cd we listened to during breakfirst and finally they did. (but I did not find it - thank you anyway!).
Try to get their so called excecutive room (spacy, nice bathroom, very confortable)
All we dicovered it is really the nicest one. There is no need to search for an alternative. Would go there again immediatly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2010

If you look for a cozy, family runned hotel with great location then look no further.

Most business these days want only your best - and thats your cash. At Courtyard they also provide you with a great service, nothing is too much.

Breakfast - nice
Room - nice, especially the bathroom

I only miss a gym!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I have nothing but the highest praise for this boutique hotel in the heart of Melaka. Its central location on Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock is ideal for tourists, but it offers much more than this. I agree with all the comments I have read plus more. The hotel staff are so very friendly and helpful, going out of their way by a long country mile to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

When the chef, Mr Goh, found out that I was an "anak Johor" who had been living overseas for the past 30 yrs and that I had not had a particular local dish ("mee hoon kuih") for more than 20 years, he made the dish for me and my mother, specially, for breakfast the next morning. What a special treat! That really made my day!!! I could not have felt any more pampered. Thank you, Mr Goh, you made our stay so very special!

Mr Amar and the receptionist were very helpful also. Not realising that the day of our departure from Melaka was a public holiday and that buses leaving Melaka would be quite fully booked, we did not buy our return tickets to Johor Baru on arrival. It didn't matter. Mr Amar offered to secure the return tickets for us a day in advance, then arranged for a car to take us to the bus station on our departure date. What followed simply reinforced the personal services offered by the hotel staff. We were running late on the morning of our departure and were going to miss our bus because of the traffic jam along the way. The driver rang the bus company on his mobile, who held up the bus, which waited for us before departing 5 minutes late. How incredible is this?!

I highly recommend this hotel for everything it offers - its location, the quality of its facilities and most of all for its very very personal & friendly service.

Anak Johor

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Anak_Johor
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 17, 2010

There's really not a lot to say about this hotel other than it is faultless. From the gorgeous, Perhanekan-style rooms, to the unbelieveably helpful staf,f to the central location, this hotel absolutely made our stay in Melaka.

Both my mum and I ended up in hospital with food poisoning (don't eat at Ole Sayang) and when we returned to the hotel, the staff bent over backwards to make us more comfortable.

You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Kateski84
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I'd been traveling from States, Europe back to Asia; so far this is the best ever hotel we ever found. The hotel is rather small but its staff very friendly; beginning with Internet booking, communication thru phone calls and check-in to the hotel. Everything was done professionally and manner.

Once you step into the hotel, you'll feel like home. I understand that each room designed differently. My wife and I went back to Malacca again in Nov'10 and this time with a group of friend . We booked other rooms; confirmed, each room is different from others.

Best things we found;
1. Quite & safe
2. Clean
3. A stone throw away from Jonker Street
4. Staff friendliness & well equip
5. Good breakfast (recommendation: tuna croissant and lately we found best Nyonya laksa in town)

Don't like: time too short to enjoy the facilities and hospitality.

Hope the management would treasure the staff and reward them accordingly.

Big thank you to all of them in making our stays so enjoyable and memorable.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple