“A little piece of paradise”

Courtyard @ Heeren Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Toowoomba, Australia
“A little piece of paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

What a beautiful retreat and a treat we found here! Booked in for 2 nights, stayed 3. We loved everything about this place - the staff, the room, the interior decor and the breakfast supplied every day across the road and this was included in the price. I could rave for days. Melaka was SO hot and this our tiny piece of heaven.
The staff bent over backwards even when we booked online and this service extended to our welcome (we had a useless taxi driver) and even to booking a taxi for us to go to Gemas to catch the jungle express to a cut lunch to take with us.
Well done Courtyrd - we loved you!

Room Tip: If all rooms were as great as ours there should be problems.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzanne E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

It is a nicely decorated boutique hotel with peranakan style. Just steps away from the busy jonker street. I had booked the hotel based on the reviews from tripadvisor and had some expectation from this hotel. It has not failed my expectation althrough I expected a more spacious room for a junior suite Really a gem in the jonker street. I stayed there for 1 night and has not regretted staying there. Will definately stay there if I visit malacca again.The service was excellent too I had left a set of teapot with teacups at the hotel. However, I only realised it when I reached Singapore. so I contacted the staff and they are very helpful. They managed to deliver my items to Singapore without a cost, which I am quite impressed. The staff never forget even if it is an inexpensive item. The staff even emailed me the address in Singapore where I can pick up the item althrough it takes rougly 2 weeks time after I left malacca.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vinnia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Deliberately stayed away from chain hotels this trip and chose Courtyard based on the reviews, here. Can confirm all the positive things previously mentioned; large, funky rooms, great location and friendly service.

Of the negative stuff mentioned in previous reviews, we had no problems with hot water at all and the Internet service was slow but signal strength was okay (I gather that it's pretty slow all around Melaka).

We had two downstairs rooms (junior suite and deluxe room - complete with palm tree in the shower) were a cut above anything you'd get in a big hotel for the same price.

Melaka (and Malaysia in general) seems to be largely by-passed by Euro tourers, which is their loss. If heading to Melaka, you'll not regret choosing Courtyard @ Heeren.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Griz1960
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

I've booked for the executive suite for a night stay. For the price i've paid, i would say it wasn't quite worth it.

The room is located at the very back of the hotel.Cleanliness of the room has much to be desired..we found few hairs on the couch! Looks like it has not been clean for sometime. We do enjoy the jacuzzi but it seems like a few nozzle weren't working properly. Found ants near the fridge and also the window near the bed..safe box is not working (probably out of batt), bathroom door handle was broken..Shattered glasses found next to the jacuzzi..Also, the bath area is very dark at night..Overall,the room left a very bad impression for me.

For The breakfast, it's was a generous spread with local delicacies. Parking area behind the hotel is limited, first come first serve. Location is perfect !

May not consider going back as it was quite pricey with not up-to-standard rooms.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fayyong
KL, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Excellent accommodation! Our first time staying at such a place, and the experience makes us to want to stay at more such places. Location is right in the middle of the UNESCO heritage site, and staying here makes exploring the whole area an easy thing to do.

Facilities wise, room is excellent. Different designs in each room. and you do feel somewhat you're occupying 16th century colonial Melaka homes. Do not hope to get any view of Melaka from your room though, but wasn't a downside for me as the room itself was so nice to look at :P. Bed is nice that sleep was very restful. Also the bathroom is designed to have the open air feeling without losing privacy. Cool indeed. We got to stay in two different rooms over the two night stay we had, more because we booked very last minute. However instead of an inconvenience, it turned out to be a good thing, as we had the opportunity to stay in two differently designed rooms, one on the ground floor and another on the first floor. They also have dedicated parking spots for guests which is looked after at night, so no worries there! Another thing to point out, the facade and the reception area does look very old age, in a good way. Oh, and BTW, wifi is also available.

They serve breakfast in another unit opposite the hotel, which is also excellently designed and run. Good food. Although i do wonder whether they are Halal, thus we opted to get bread, fruit, yoghurt and nasi lemak only.

Friendly staff too all around, who recognizes and greets us warmly.

Overall - recommended!!

Room Tip: Choose one upstairs for more privacy. Families with babies or small kids - choose the bigger rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank panaroL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed only a short weekend at this hotel, but we had a really good experience. The location is perfect and the accomodation is very comfortable.
Rooms are very nice and the staff is really helpful and nice.
A lovely place to stay in Melacca!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Minsol
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard for 2 nights and were very impressed by the level of service and efficiency of the staff.

Lovely room and the jacuzzi was awesome. A few of the shutter doors were slightly damaged but generally speaking the damage was due to wear and tear and it did not in any way hamper the enjoyment of our trip.

When housekeeping arrived with a fresh set of towels, it was highlighted that the bulbs at the dresser might be fused. The bulbs were promptly swapped about 5 minutes later! Can't even get that sort of efficiency in a 5 star hotel!

I wasn't too convinced about the security based on the reviews. But my worries were laid to rest when I saw the surveillance set-up and the uncle that they hired to watch over the vehicles.

Extremely friendly and alert for his age, he got up to check who I was when I walked to my car at 3am in the morning. Impressive.

Room Tip: The executive suite is a little pricier than the others... but the huge bathroom and jacuzzi, along...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple