“Big and Spacious Apartment - BUT HAS COCKROACHES”
Review of Kings Hotel

Kings Hotel
Ranked #116 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I went to Malacca for a R&R with my friends and since there were five of us, we decided to rent an apartment as it would be cheaper. The apartment we stayed in consisted of two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a living room.

Apartment:
- 1st bedroom has two single beds
- 2nd bedroom has 1 single bed and 1 queen size bed
- Each room has its own bathroom
- Living room has two large sofas, TV, dining chairs and table and fridge

Location:
- The hotel is located 15 mins by car from Malacca town
- Has a few shop lots near by the hotel

Pros:
- Apartment is very spacious and can accommodate up to 10 people (if they bring their own sleeping bags)

Cons:
- THE BATHROOM IN THE APARTMENT HAS COCKROACHES!!!!!!!!!

Overall, I liked the big spacious apartment however the cockroaches was really a big turn-off. I would NOT recommend this place to people who are not driving as it is not easily accessible by public transport.

The price of the apartment is not too bad as each of us paid around RM 70++ (note: price subjected to change).

I would not recommend this hotel apartment to anyone as the roaches reflect the cleanliness of the hotel. I will probably stay in the city center the next time I visit Malacca.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank hypernut
Kings H, Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Sir,
Apologize for the roaches you have encountered during your stay in our Apartment. We have taken action on it. We have now pest control by our maintenance staff every alternate days. Please do come back and enjoy our spacious rooms.
Thank you.
Kings Hotel Management

There are newer reviews for Kings Hotel

Reviewed July 5, 2011

I was on a 2 days working trip with my 2 other colleagues. The night stay was good but the staff right from the reception, housekeeping and banquet were not friendly. Seen some trainees were trained right in front of the customers and treated unprofessionally. Though we are local visitors sure we need equal treatment same as the foreign tourist had.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I went to Melaka and checked in a 3 rooms apartment at Kings Hotel on 21/5/2011 for family gathering. My family very enjoy to stay there because the living hall and the rooms is so big and comfortable. The most enjoy part is the mattress--- is new. Because I have checked in two years ago the mattress is just a normal mattress and the single bed is bigger than our household size. However, we will more appreciate if hotel can change the sofa set in the living hall is not comfortable to sit and change the TV set will make the room look more high class. Overall, we like it very much.

Other than that, we are enjoy the breakfast too. Even is not a lot of varieties but compare to others hotel this hotel have a very nice Cafe-- very Nyonya feel with the decoration and design. With RM12nett per adult, is very reasonable because it is with egg station, and my parent like Roti Hainan very much (they like the kaya.... taste nice). Only part to be improve is the arrangement of the food especially at the bread counter is not very attractive.

I'm sure will come again for my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mybabylove
Reviewed April 13, 2011

My one night stay here can only be described as UNSATISFIED. The room looks old and shabby. The air condition is old and ancient looking. The bed is okay but it makes my skin itchy after sleeping on it. The breakfast provided is not good, not good.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights. Chose this hotel because we only wanted to stay in Ayer Keroh, and not go to the City (Pusat Bandaraya) and also because there were 6 families. We took 2 apartments (each apartment has 3 rooms and a small living room)

Check-in was quite a nightmare, because the hotel has 2 towers - hotel and apartment. We went to the hotel tower to check-in, but they told us to go to the apartment tower. Over at the apartment tower, we were told to go back to the hotel tower. Bear in mind it's about 5 to 10 minutes walk, and it was quite late when we reached... it was quite annoying.

Our apartment was fine, the door handle was broken, so we sortof had to kick the door to open it. The floor was sticky. The rooms were huge though, but the living room was small, and the sofas were really miserable. We couldn't feel the cushion at all. There was only ONE TV set in the whole apartment of 3 rooms!

We were only given ONE key. Imagine, a hotel room would usually 2 keys, and this - an apartment with 3 rooms - we were only given ONE key! So everyone had to plan properly to go out together etc. On Saturday night when my family brought their key along with them, we asked the reception for another key, and they said they only had a master key, and even if they unlocked the roomdoor for us, we won't have electricity at all. It felt like I was in the 70's or something.

However, bed was very comfortable. Read somewhere that mattresses were all new. Breakfast was also ok, although they close very early (stopped topping up food arround 9.45am, when bfast ends at 10) and Chef refuses to cook more than 1 type of egg for us, even though he will say yes to whatever you order. On our 2nd day of breakfast, they told us we cannot have boiled eggs because "stove is broken" ??!! What nonsense is that???

Swimming pool was a joke - a small square (maybe 4m x 4m) and it only reaches up to the ankles.

On the whole, if you have to stay only in Ayer Keroh with a big family, I guess it's ok if you aren't too fussy.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Noshi
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I'm a Malaccan who live and work in KL, we go back to my hometown Malacca quite regular to visit my parent at Bukit Beruang however mormally we will stay in hotel as the house was small when my other brothers and sisters came back at the same time.

In year 2006 we notice a new hotel was open near Pantai Hospital and we give it a try. Everything was ok because it is new, and from that day onward me and my brothers and sisters have become their regular customer.

The hotel impress us the most was alomost each time when we check in to the hotel there are someting new added. At first we notice there was a new Thai Restaurant offer ver good and authentic Thai food just right on top of their coffee house and later we saw new paint on the external and internal building. We also notice the upgrading work on ID at the lobby, corridor, rooms and also the coffee house and lately when we check in during this Hari Raya period they have upgraded their bed to Slamberland (we saw a small card with a note telling the customer on the new bed and my wife comfirm it by pulling out the bedsheet). Even though this hotel still got a lot of things to improve but we appreciate the efford and money the hotel put in to maintain the quality compare to many hotel in Malaysia that don't care about this.

We hope the management can continue put in more value added facilities and services and hope it will do well as my children are already familiar with the surrounding plus it was so near to my parent's house.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank okkMalacca
Reviewed January 19, 2010

> rented a superior room, a 3 bedded (1 double and 1 single) room which cost around MYR 160
> though is facing main road but not very noisy, maybe some siren during midnight hours as the opposite is a hospital
> near to shopping malls and travel spot like zoo, parks, etc..
> though is 3 bedded room but we were only offer with 2 free seats for breakfast
> the hotel seems new when we visited there, clean as well
> the open parking space is free, at the back of hotel / at their apartment area, and was quite safe, considering we only returned to hotel at around midnight
> must have vehicle if you are planning to stay here
> would recommend if you wish to spend more time in ayer keroh rather than melaka town

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank fwshiou
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melaka
Hotel Seri Malaysia Melaka
#59 of 167 in Melaka
Herald Hotel
Herald Hotel
#82 of 167 in Melaka

Been to Kings Hotel? Share your experiences!