“Quality went Down BIG time”

Avillion Legacy Melaka
Ranked #104 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and myself drove down to Melaka during the CNY vacation. We decided to stay at Avillion Legacy Melaka. My holiday mood got switch off after entering the room. The room smells(weird smell) I saw hole on the flooring. The window glass was so dirty. Since we check at night we wanted room service for dinner. The food was horrible. The hotel need to do major renovation and maintain it well. Quality went down big time. We booked for 2 nights, after these services we cancel it and only stayed one night. Very Disappointing!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Letchumi S
There are newer reviews for Avillion Legacy Melaka

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family and I checked in for a night during Chnese New Year .

The room was big , but it has musty smell and not well kept . It definitely need rebrushiment .

We asked for additional towel .We did not get it as it was hotel 's policy to provide only 2 towels per room . Furthermore , no WIFI in room .

I believe we can always get a better and cleaner hotel within the same area at the same

I will not recommend Avillion to anyone who wish to visit Malacca.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WXLW
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My family and I stayed for only one night. The room had a fridge with complementary bottles of water. Something I could not stand, though, was the bizarre carpet odor in the corridor. I had to stop breathing when I got off the elevator till I reached the room. Wifi is free only at lobby, which is not unusual. It takes only 20 minutes on foot to downtown Melaka. At some point during my stay, I went to downtown, took a look around, and came back within an hour. to me it just an ordinary hotels like other hotels..its just fine to get 1 or 2 night rest in this hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2012

at first i thought very luck still can book a hotel on peak season. when we arrive, we saw the hotel building very nice, the staff was helpful. Omg! the room very dark, all the old furniture, not feeling good. The bath room ... overall need to upgrade.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank johnshin
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My family and I stayed for only one night. We were skeptical because we read some pretty bad reviews of the hotel on tripadvisor.

When first entered, we found the design of the hotel to be quite nice. It had a nice greek theme to it and there was a really nice dome design in the lobby.

Then, we were handed the keys to our room. We entered the room and found it to be only satisfactory.
The desk had old stains on it and it looked dusty. It was also missing a few knobs. That is the same for the cupboard that held the TV.

The TV was an old one but that doesn't really matter. What annoyed me was when you open each drawer, you will find it to be very dusty.

Other than that, the safe deposit is not free. They require your credit card. I find that shocking because, well, safe deposits have always been free to me.

Then, the wifi is only free in the lobby. In rooms, you have to purchase it and it's rm5 per hour.

The breakfast also sucked. It was terrible food. Anyhow, at least, the noodle soup was alright and the egg counter was okay.

The aircond in my room wasn't cold at all. It was only alright. That was a little annoying.

Other than that, the hotel was alright. It has a nice swimming pool and a pretty good gym.

The hotel also provided shuttle bus to destinations such like Jonker Street however, the timing of the buses are only 12pm, 3pm and 6pm.

But the hotel is within walking distance, about 20 minutes away from Jonker Street. My family and I walked.

The service in this hotel is very good. The staff are kind and friendly.

So all in all, a pretty good stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank carmensakura07
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had to stay for two nights here and was a bit afraid to check in because of somewhat poor reviews. In my opinion, the hotel is quite alright, if not perfect. I have not stayed at other hotels in Melaka, so I don't know the general standards in the region. I presume, however, that the hotel would probably above par in the area.
Bed was good, although there was stain and a cut hole in the bed spread. The room had a fridge with complementary bottles of water. Something I could not stand, though, was the bizarre carpet odor in the corridor. I had to stop breathing when I got off the elevator till I reached the room. Wifi is free only at lobby, which is not unusual. It takes only 20 minutes on foot to downtown Melaka. At some point during my stay, I went to downtown, took a look around, and came back within an hour. In this regard, I might as well say that the hotel is well located. The cafe at lobby provides buffet, which seemed like Malaysian food with some more. I found it okay. I have not been to the gym/pool.
Overall, the stay was better than I had expected.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fscholar
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Hotel had all you could ask: big room, spacious bathroom, decent breakfast. But it is a 15 minute walk to get to the old streets or river. Staff were very helpful. Good value in terms of quality of accomodation. I just didn't like the position of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo