“Very Bad Attitude.”

Samudera Backpacker's Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Melaka
Samudera Backpacker's Hostel
Ranked #63 of 126 Specialty Lodging in Melaka
Singapore, Singapore
“Very Bad Attitude.”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I went to Samudera guesthouse hoping to take a look at the single and the dorm. Apparantly, the ladyboss of the GH has to be awaken by the guest. It was around 8 in the morning when I reached melaka. I was astounded by the attitude she showed to me.

She was very not keen in showing me the dorm after I did not fancy the single room. She gave all sorts of excuse and make things really slow. Explaining to me that she needs to get the key because the dorm is at a second level. I was already not please by her service attitude. After a good 5 mins, She shoved one of her worker to show me the dorm. Was it so difficult for her to show me? We had a heated argument and I left. All in all, it is the worst GH I have been to.

If you are going to melaka, stay close to the main area of Chinatown. Lots of GH in that area. Close to Jonkers St where the night market and the food and booze are at night

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank excalibur324

Business
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed November 5, 2009

My spouse and I stayed at Samudera Backpackers after a bad experience in a Chinatown guesthouse. We were looking for a decently clean, friendly place where we could have our own bathroom.

Samudera is decent value. It's not the cleanest, and the rooms are a bit cheerless. I've seen the Lonely Planet call Samudera's brick walls 'artsy', but that's a hell of an overstatement. But what Samudera had going for it was quiet, decent rooms, with friendly staff. The guy on duty was smiling and cheerful, and eager to chat with us.

We didn't check the single rooms, only a double. I saw the singles on the 2nd floor, and it looked a bit grim. Would be worth checking out for yourself.

Samudera is located right next to Melaka's big shopping center, so that's convenient. There's also some great restaurants in the nearby streets. Chinatown is a bit far from here, but it's walkable.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple