“Very Poor Customer Service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Ninety Six (906)

Hotel Ninety Six (906)
Ranked #103 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Kuala Lumpur
“Very Poor Customer Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

I made a reservation for Family Room (1 Queen and 2 Singles) on Aug 24. They replied with an email and phone call on Aug 25 to confirm my reservation. I called on the evening of Aug 26 to confirm my reservation and they replied with a confirmation for 1 Queen and 2 Singles.
When I arrived there on Aug 27, they told me there was no room reservation made for 1 Queen and 2 Singles. I was then given a Triple Room.
How could they have 3 confirmations and yet no confirmation when I arrived???
The manager was out at that time and promised to call me when he got back to rectify the matter. Until today, he has not called me. I think he has probably resigned already.
Also, DO NOT sleep here if you have a bad-back. The matresses are of low quality and feels like they were manufactured using cheap springs.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JonChan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

Stayed in this hotel for a night and it's not hard to find as the hotel provide a clear location map. The hotel is strategically located in Melaka Raya and near to Mahkota Parade and Pahlawan Mall. We checked in around 3pm and were assisted by helpful staff. As the weather in Melaka is pretty hot hence the room was a bit warm as we entered. The problem was solved after we on the air-condition for a while.

The room was relatively small compared to bigger hotels and it was clean. The only flaw is that we saw some ants on the table next to the TV. Free parking is available right in front and opposite the hotel hence it's quite convenient if you are travel by car.

At the rate we are paying, we don't expect complimentary breakfast. Simple breakfast was served and taste alright.

We are quite happy with the hotel room as we don't expect extraordinary from the hotel hence no disappointment. Will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Valerv
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night with family. Room is not bad at all. Booked a family room though for four adults.

Cleanliness is a thumb up.
Staffs were friendly.
Breakfast was simple.

Will stay here again in future. :)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank LadyRedBug
melaka
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2010

LOL!!! I made an online reservation, then I get an email reply. Next I get a phone call remind me about the email, so I say "Ok, I will check the mail and call back" After read the mail and discuss with my friends, I call the hotel back. (this is the funny part which make me change my mind and dont wat to stay there). Using my Nokia...I just check my received calls, and call the HQ(I save both HQ and batu berendam phone number)... surprising the staff say she did not know ANYTHING and advice me to call the batu berendam branch...(but HQ staff that call me earlier) never mind,, I just call batu berendam....and once again...the staff know nothing..and ask me to call the HQ. so guys...I'm afraid they will give me a wrong room if I stay there... lol.... dont want to take the risk, my holiday should be fun...not confusing like this... ;D

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Melaka hotels

kuala lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2009

Before i booked this hotel, i got the impression that any shophouse turned hotel is not going to be cleaned but i was very surprised as it was the other way round. NO doubt compared to others big hotels the rooms are a bit smaller in size but who cares as u wont be spending the whole day in the room. The beds are good n the bedsheets is white n cleaned, most important no smell. The toilet is small but cleaned.
Value for your money. The breakfast is too simple , they should try to improve on the food, anyway we went out for breakfast as hotel location is very convenience n finding good food is no problem ..

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2009

Recently booked a night in this hotel - very clean & tidy and was able to get 2 extra pillows when requested! Strongly recommended.

The only setback is their breakfast is too simple. Nothing fancy about the food.
If can preferably not to have breakfast there but outside the hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Seremban
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2009

We stayed at this property on the 25-26 Oct 2009 for a short break. After surfing through the internet we decided to book 2 standard rooms (connecting room). Since we're quite familiar with Melaka, finding the hotel is not a problem. What we saw from the hotel's website was exactly the same once we got there. The staff were not extra friendly but good enough to make you feel welcome to the property.

We don't expect much since we only need a place to sleep and will be out exploring Melaka all of the time. The rate quoted in the site was RM96nett per room but we were given a discounted rate at RM82 inclusive breakfast for two. 2 bottles of mineral water were given for each room upon checking in and bfast voucher were issued.

Lift was small but good enough. The hotel was only a year of age and everything looks new. Standard Queen were quite small but clean and everything were functioning. Coffe /tea facilities provided but the cups seems a bit stained (did'nt use them). AC was good, TV channel quite variety, open cupboard was handy to hang clothes, hot shower provided with powerful and adjustable shower head. Toilet was spotless with basic aminities. IDD calls provided and keycard for the door. So what else you need for the rate they were charging. But a fridge could be handy (but family room has one). The Standard Twin was slightly bigger in size. One more thing, good WiFi connection in all rooms!!! And it was FREE!

Breakfast was average but to think of the rate at RM82nett I would say that the breakfast is really worth it. Let me list down what they provided:
- Tost with margerine and peanut butter
- Fried noodles
- Malay traditional cakes (kuih muih) - 5 varieties
- Porridge
- Sousages
- Eggs
- Tea / Coffee
Well not too bad I guessed its all buffet style
The hotel also provided computers at the lobby and the cafe for surfing the internet and they charged RM3 per hour. The connection was good!

If you drive, the hotel provided free parking at the open spce infront of the hotel with a security guard at night. If you like walking, most of the interesting places is just walking distance 10 - 20 minutes (Dataran Pahlawan ). Well i do recommend this hotel for those looking for cheap accomodation in Melaka. I would say at certain point Hotel 906 is far better than any 3-4 stars hotels nearby.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family