“Great view from the top”
Review of Menara Taming Sari

Menara Taming Sari
Book In Advance
More Info
$83.10*
and up
3-Hour Malacca Weekend Night Tour with River Cruise
Reviewed March 10, 2014

First I didn't interesting to go up cause the ticket price was expensive (for me), RM20 for 10 minutes ride. But I change my mind cause this is one of you must to do when visiting Melaka. And I'm not disappointed at all.... We going up slowly and when reach the top, the tower rotated for 3 or 4 times and then going down again. The view from above is absolutely wonderful...worth with the money you spend. For MyKad holder, just need to pay RM10.
I started my journey at Melaka from here. From Melaka Sentral (bus station) get on Panorama bus no. 17 and get off at Dataran Pahlawan Shopping Mall. Another tourist attraction (Stadhuys, Xavier Church, Flora de la Mar, A Famosa, Cheng Ho Teng) are short walk from here.

2  Thank Mariapeni
There are newer reviews for Menara Taming Sari

Reviewed March 6, 2014

It was exciting to go up into the Taming Sari Tower which was built to replicate the legendary Laksamana Hang Tuah's keris.

The journey brought you up and then the tower rotated giving you a bird's eye view of the city and also the Straits of Malacca. It was a fun ride and definitely worth trying

2  Thank FplusV
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The ride gives you a great view of the entire city including the Melaka straits, beaches, old town, and the developing area around Melaka. The approximately 10 minute ride is very comfortable, it costs 10 RM per person and although we did it mid day, sunset or early evenings would be the most appropriate time.

1  Thank SophiaK
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Went there happily to see Melaka's view from above, but the ticket selling lady wasn't very pleasant. She insisted a 1 Year 10 Months boy to be 2 Years Old even after showing his MyKid, she insist of charging, arguing baby
s age is based on birth year not birthday, which is ridiculous. It ruined our experience.
But the view from the top was nice, would recommend this place if the counter lady would change her attitude.

1  Thank Sabah_Girl
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I leave this one till my last minute in malaka, i'm not that interesting at the beginning, but it was great view from the top, not sure with daylight, but on the night it was great. I think twilight will also good.