“the hospitality where a 5/6 stars hotel can never give you”
Review of Cafe 1511

and 1 more site!
Cafe 1511
Ranked #17 of 222 Melaka B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 7, 2011

What can you ask for when the boss, Colin and his wife treated us like guests more than a customer. A group of us 7, reached Malacca at 8am in the morning when our check in is at 2pm, we give it a try to deposit our bags in Cafe1511. Colin was really nice, he find a place to let us settle down, let us used the toilet, we even bath and wash up. There are even 4 computer hook up to the internet to allow you to check your email, facebook while you are far far away from home. Colin didn't add extra charges to that, an LCD tv at the hall with tonnes of good movies where you and your friends can watch them together.
Room is small but whatever you needed like air conditioning, fan are inside there except maybe the boss can add in a hair dryer?
Location, very good location, at the centre of the town, walkable distance to everywhere.
I LOVE everything there, i definitely is going to go back to CAFE 1511 for sure. Whoever haven't been there when you bypass malacca is your LOST. Remember to visit the peranakan museum next door because cafe1511 is the third house of the museum. Visit to find out more. Last but not least, Thank Mya mya, noe noe, colin and wife for taking good care of us =)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Last week we saw on internet about cafe 1511 so that i planned to stay this rest house and brought my Singaporian friends who are first time visit this historican place.Staff of cafe1511 scolded my friend!! Due to the person who in charge of the rest house was not there so we planned to wait at there and my friend went to toilet. Who knows a staff scold us said :"You no eyes to see this notice? not customers are not allow to use our toilet!"
On the other hand,we tried to find the person who in charge of cafe 1511 who named Mr.Colin. called him twice times and above but didnt pick up the phone. Well,we waited for him to call back,we told him the whole thing and he did say sorry. But he didnt even concern what we feel and kept saying we were nagative thinker. At last he wasn't polite to us and said :" I will pay thousand ringgit to get a well trained staff next time. Thank you" and straight away hang up my phone.
Had a bad impression for this rest house expecially the awful service,terrible staff and the worst owner ever!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank lamlam111
9w2ccb, Owner at Cafe 1511, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

This is the only bad review, I had from the rest of all my reviews. The reason is simple , as they are not my guest and not even my cafe customer as they only want to use my toilet! So you can read from this reviews....it is all lies.

Reviewed June 9, 2011

Cafe 1511 is right in the heart of Melaka. The building is gorgeous (actually part of the Baba Nyonya Heritage Museum). They serve a delicious local breakfast. Shared bathrooms but very clean and I never had to wait. 2 computers are available for Internet and printing. Very tasteful decoration.

Room Tip: Room on last floor is hard to access
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank asia_46
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Cafe 1511 was exaclty the type of B&B I was hoping to stay in, in Melaka. The premises: the food, the ambiance and the facilities were great. Even better...the owners and the staff. They were very welcoming, helpful and friendly. I travelled alone and felt very comfortable and safe. It was lovely to be welcomed in the morning and wished a nice day. It was also really pleasant to arrive back after a day of wandering and discovery to be asked how my day was. Colin and PG are excellent hosts and very responsive to any questions asked or assistance required with the airconditioning - user related!

Room Tip: The attic room was spot on.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank gypsymaria
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Very impressive place to stay especially the architecture and the setting. The rooms are spotless clean, comfy and nicely decorated. The breakfast were superb and the host is friendly which makes you feel at home. Walking distance to Jonker street, will definitely recommend this place to friends and families.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Dina626
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I can only agree with all the reviews I read that recommended Cafe 1511. I just loved the whole place - the cafe was comfortable, clean and welcoming as were Colin and his staff. We stayed in the Otak room, and although not large it was certainly big enough for 2, and having the bathroom down the hall was not an inconvience as there were 4 units for this small hotel. An extra perk was having the internet access available, and WOW that breakfast (definately try the Nonya Laksa) was the best! You are really staying in a historic home here, and it was interesting to talk to Colin, 5th generation to the family of the Baba Nonya house next door. I felt like it was my home for the few days I stayed there, taking off my shoes before walking up the shiny, dark wood staircase to my room. And if you are interested in bike riding, Colin rents very nice bikes for an incredibly low price.

Room Tip: Only a few rooms so book ahead!
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FoothillTravelers
Reviewed April 14, 2011

We stayed for two nights and had a most enjoyable stay. The room is a little small but very cosy and the beds were so comfortable. The cleanliness of this boutique hotel is absolutely outstanding. The room was immaculate and the staff were very attentive and helpful. Its in a great location to explore Melaka and enjoy the local delicasies around Jonker Street. We really enjoyed the breakfast and had lunch on our day of departure and couldn't fault the food or service.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple