“Good food, terrible service”

Chung Wah Chicken Rice Ball
Ranked #68 of 712 Restaurants in Melaka
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I'm giving this place a low rate because I no longer enjoy sitting in this restaurant to eat. Each time I visit, I had to wait in a really long queue (this time I was closer to Hard Rock Cafe next door), and in a single file, be allowed into the restaurant which is more cramp than it used to be 10 years ago.

The operators rarely ever smile and have the cheek to scold people who go in the restaurant before a table is cleared. The other entrance which is bigger is blocked so that outsiders can't walk in and wait. Also, when you do eat there, you have this tendency to rush through your meal since there's a mega-long queue waiting outside. :(

Now, the chicken rice ball offered here remains the best I've ever eaten. Their chili sauce and their chicken aren't so great anymore. So, yea, I'll order and leave the place with just chicken rice balls these days, then grab chicken from another store along the road.

Just be there as early as possible, for brunch or a late lunch. It would be so great if the operators here learn to be more courteous toward people coming to eat there.

1  Thank Xine139
There are newer reviews for Chung Wah Chicken Rice Ball

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Weekend queues are the worst especially under the hot sun. Don't expect too much as the quality has dropped compared to few years ago. But still a must-try for first timers and for enthusiasts who do not mind standing under the hot sun for chicken rice and rude service.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The best chicken rice I ever had in my whole life, I could say in the world... I just loved every bites of their chicken and rice balls. Lime juice is good too. Worth to wait in the queue!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We loved the steam chicken served here and the excellent chicken rice balls too. The chilli has a nice spicy kick to it and goes very well with the chicken. Be prepared to queue though as the seating is quite limited. Service is quick and prompt and we rate this as one of the best chicken rice in Melaka.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Located just across the brigde across Christ Church. You can never miss it. Best Location among all the others chicken rice stalls. First time there, walk up and down to search for the entrance into the eateries. The operators blocked up the whole open entrance only leaving a about 1.5ft or less for entry and exit. I find it difficult to squeeze in as my size relatively big. I went at a good time whereby I do not have to queue and wait under the sun. They are facing fierce competition from Hoe Kee opposite. Good chicken rice ball, but the chicken a bit dry. A place that you will not sit long for your meal because there are always someone there waiting for your seats. Will try other chicken rice ball stall the next visit.