“Authentic n Original”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Been coming here over 18yrs; popularity has grown exponentially with long Qs & copycats nearby.

Our pilgrim visit today was good as the meat was cooked well, with their light sauce & addictive chilli sauce. As you only get a small plate & chopsticks, the chicken is normally cut up into small pieces.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I do not see why this is so famous! We were curious so we tried... queued for about 30mins but it was so not worth the wait. The rice balls tasted like rice that was cooked with too much water. It was mushy and not appetizing. The meat was ok - not thoroughly cooked as there was still blood in the bones. would not come back here!

2  Thank swim_jess
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Sorry to say, I don't like the chicken rice. It is not up to my expectation. I still prefer the hainan chicken rice in KL...

Reviewed November 14, 2013

No more queue when we reach there. Service is fast.
But, as soon the food arrived we was turned off !!!
The way they chop the chicken looks terrible. Take a look at the picture of the plate of chicken that I had and you can decide how appetizing the food is.

Chicken meat is a bit stiff and VERY tough, hard to bite. Lucky we only order 1 plate of rice. Rice is soft and tastes average only. With 2 100 plus, we settle the bill at a RIDICULOUS price of RM23.40 !!!

Not that we wanted to complaint, but the table beside us is a groups of family (2 adult + 3 kids, age around 10-14). They ordered 4 plates of rice with 5 drinks and they only paid RM26. Huh ??? @#*&%

Not worth it. Waste my stomach space. It's my first time and would be my last.
Hoe Kee Chicken still the BEST.

2  Thank 566
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is the best place for yummy chicken rice balls. Their menu is simple as they only have the rice balls and steamed white chicken. The chicken is nothing to shout about but the rice balls itself is to die for. Yummy when eaten with the chicken gravy and their home made chilli sauce.

Only downside to this place is the damn queue & service. You would be queuing in the hot sun for like 40 minutes before you can get a seat. Hence many a times I just end up in the other joints nearby. The servers are impatient and rude. They expect you to know what you want when you sit and quickly eat and leave.

Got to visit this place at least once. Then decide if its worth the wait and poor service.