MITC Ancasa Hotel Melaka
The Majestic Malacca(Melaka)
$155
$151
$57
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
$181
$38
$61
$39
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here for 7 days. When first checked in , was given room 711 which is very smelly and it reeked with old cigarette smell. But the hotel management was friendly and apologetic and changed my room. The new room is ok. Not great, but can stay.
However, room service, depends..sometimes there are towels, floor mat, shampoo and soap, and hang tuah coffee...but other times, they forget to replenish.So, remember to ask from the housekeeping crew when you see them.(or hear them :-)).
They do come to tidy room each day and make up my bed and clear the hair from bathroom. But overall, the bathroom walls are not very clean. overall, the furnishing is old, and the air cond gives sound and rhythm to accompany your sleep.
Breakfast: is the same every day without much choices and not tasty , but if one is a simple easy going eater , is ok. wont go hungry....at least there is bread and margarine..and coffee , tea. some local nasi lemak..with egg, anchovies and peanut. and congee. , some fried noodles/koayteow, and fried rice.

Room Tip: I stayed on 7th floor where it is quiet. Can get a good nite's sleep. but avoid room 711 that is reeking of cigarette smell..
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights, I can guarantee you those were the worst three nights ever! The hospitality is a total crap, the staff is totally uncourteous and the rooms... yecchhh...

Since ours was a last-minute decision we were not able to book at our preferred place Seri Malaysia (wow, Seri Malaysia is located tangentially opposite to MITC and the service/ food/ rooms also are tangentially opposite from here!!). So, we all checked in at MITC Ancasa (but the name is changed now) in the evening. Went to the rooms after about 15 minutes of waiting since they couldn't find our booking. The carpet in the room is all wet, the room is not made up, there is no water bottle in the room, the A/C is not working, the pillows are all shabby and the bedsheets dont seem to have been washed for long...

3 nights at this place was such a pain, I dont recommend this hotel even to my enemies. NEVER EVER GO THERE PLEASE! TAKE MY WORD FOR IT. Did I mention that the buffet breakfast is exactly the same whichever part of the year you are there?

Room Tip: I think Seri Malaysia is much better than this one!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kirankarnad
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hotel changed its name to Permaisuri MITC Hotel maybe due to some changes in the management but I do not see any improvement reading previous comments about this hotel.

I was here on a work trip therefore I had no choice but to put up with almost everything.

When I got into the room, I could smell the mustiness - the smell of the room window not being opened for a long time and the humidity inside the room probably from a faulty plumbing.

The room was not vacuumed and I found several used wet towels inside the cheap cupboard. Several towels were also outside the room in front of the door - no idea why.

The bedlinen was stained with gray spots and the pillows were either hard or too soft and lumpy for my liking.

The toilet was no better. The toilet seat was also stained with gray spots and there were no shower curtains.

There were mosquitoes in the meeting room which is Putra III and oh yeah, I found ants on my bed. Yuck!

I have stayed at budget hotels and youth hostels before but I feel my stay here was the worst experience! I would not even recommend my enemy to stay the night here...

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank boocik04
Reviewed March 5, 2012

During my stay at this hotel, I’m very, very disappointed with all the services that your hotel have provided for the customers. I feel that it will definitely be my first and last stay at your hotel based on the bad services that I have encounter during my stay. Firstly, there are very limited parking spaces n your staff didn’t have the courtesy to tell the customer that the parking was full and I have to search for the parking for almost 10 minutes.
Upon check in, the receptionist at your hotel was not friendly n didn’t’ even smile to the customers. All questions asked was replied very rudely by your receptionist, is this the front liners that your want to represent your hotel? It is very disappointed.
Reaching to my room no 714, I found that my main door is stuck and I have to push very hard in order to open the door. The room was not clean properly and there was dust & strain of hair everywhere. The television has no remote control and when I asked the staff to supply me with the remote control, they didn’t’ even bother to call back and check if I have received the remote control. Is that the attitude of your hotel staff that you have trained? I must say that I will not recommend your hotel to my friends based on my bad experience at your hotel.
My only hope that on the next day, I will be served with good breakfast, but I was disappointed again. The food was cold and tasteless.
To the hotel management, please take my sincere comment if you want your customer to come again to your hotel.
Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank sharissa
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Warm greeting. The hotel is not nice. The hotel just for rest at night and extent your journey tomorrow morning.The room is not to clean. I'm choose no smoking room but when I'm walk in, the room smell smoke around. room service not friendly when i call to look our room.The breakfast also bad.If you choose this hotel don't think, it a best hotel.

Room Tip: Better you ask reseption before you book
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family