Hoe Kee Chicken Rice Ball
Ranked #25 of 729 Restaurants in Melaka
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant is set inside a local house along Jonker Walk. It serves excellent chicken rice balls. A good start point to try the local cuisine. Their chilli sauce is excellent condiment.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I expect tasty Chicken Rice Balls

And the Rice balls are tasty but not the chickens.

Attendees are not so polite and price is average

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Soft lucious hainanese chicken rice balls which go very well with the chicken and the chilli.
The line to this Jonker Street establishment moves pretty fast and the customer has to pick which 'set' of items he/she wants. e.g. a set for 3 or 4 people consists of chicken for 4, 15 rice balls, rice etc.
The chicken comes with the liver and some gizzard as well, not just chicken like the other places.

This restaurant is housed in an old time shop house with and open court yard and many side rooms. This was the nicest of all the chicken rice ball establishments in Jonker Street.
The price of the meal was reasonable as well, a party of 7 including soft drinks came to RM65+ only!!
Well worth a visit!!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Melaka is my home town, I love hainannese chicken rice and I love my rice ball. Came home to visit my parents this year in July/Aug this year and ofcause have to drop in for my comfort food, and man! I was very disappointed! Theres way too many shops and restaurant claim themself as the 'Original' chicken rice ball and I know the fact that they are not but went ahead anyway as the shop that I went has closed for the day, and I was starving! We ordered rice balls and chicken and curry fish as recommended and I wish I never been. Travellers, please be aware, our ORGINAL chicken rice taste nothing like that and I can only tell you most of the restaurant around that area is only aim for tourist, local don't go there! We were out of choice that afternoon and thought we join the tourist, big mistake! Sorry Hoe Kee you don't get my vote.

2  Thank FarnothResident
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Going to Malacca? You have to eat their chicken rice balls before you can truly say you've been to Malacca. I ate here once and i think it is completely overrated. My father is never a fussy eater and is known to neve reject anything given to him. Yet, he rejected the chicken rice ball after one tiny taste. Says a lot huh.

It was lumpy, cold and ... I guess, interested. Extremely differently from the chicken rice I get at home. It wasn't at all tasty or fragrant. I felt cheated. >:( however, the chicken was surprisingly delicious. Soft, tender and very yum. We paid 19.80 for half a chicken, 4 rice balls and a plate of vegetables. We went as they were closing. Doubt I would be back again unless I'm here to just eat the chicken. Truly overrated balls.