“Nyonya Laksa + Baba Laksa = Laksa Kahwin”
Review of Jonker 88

Jonker 88
Ranked #4 of 26 Dessert in Melaka
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Kota Bharu, Malaysia
“Nyonya Laksa + Baba Laksa = Laksa Kahwin”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Pack and pack is the word you get on weekends.
Should taste their Nyonya Laksa & Baba Laksa, and the mix of the two is called Laksa Kahwin.

Food are good, but when times of pack, you might even find a seat after the purchase. There is 2 queue, 1 for the food and 1 for the Cendol. Have someone to q at each line with everyone's order, and then a 3rd person go in and get the seating.

It is best to take an umbrella when u queue up as the line could be long and hot.

P/S: the laksa next door on the right is ok and the line as less. The shop on the left after the small garden sells lovely durian puff - 1 bite size, and I do mean 1 bite. A bite will make the puff explodes in your mouth.

Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
KL
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Delicious Food, chendol is a must try. beware if you are not used to fresh coconut milk. The noodles are great too!

Visited May 2012
Cyberjaya, Malaysia
“Overrated”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The shop is not bad, but the food is so so.

If you're fond of popularized tastes then take a visit to this restaurant.

But,

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR CENDOL!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank tcppp
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Bad chendol”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Seriously the worst chendol I've eaten from Malacca! I will never come back here against, this place is not worth the queue and wait!

3 Thank MissAdriennely
Penang Island, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will never go back there again for the laksa!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Went there with my family 2 months ago, and as expected we waited for the long queue and the table, and we ate with all eyes on us from people waiting to be sitted (not a complaint as these were expected) . However just before all of us finished the food, the waiter (chinese male in his early 20s I think) came over to pick up dishes that we finished already, very 'efficient' and he spilled his stacks of laksa bowls over my dad who was still eating his chendol that time! ok, he didn't do that on purpose but what he did was, he said a quick 'sorry' without eye contact, continue to wipe the table quickly and left for other table. Not even bothered to check if my dad was ok from his mistake! Horrible, my dad's top, pants and shoes were dirty from that and he had to throw his camera bag away when we got back because it got mouldy from the spill. The guy didn't even offer a cloth or even tissues for him to wipe down. We were not malacca locals and my dad didnt bring extra cloth with him for that day, so he just walked around in that same clothes. When we went to tell the 'tauke niong' she just said, 'sorry, he didn't do it on purpose' FULL STOP. Then when my dad asked what is she going to do about this,she looked irritated and said if we want, she can wash my dad's clothes and bag for him since she had her washing machine behind the house anyway. WTH!
ok so this review will not affect her business anyway, the queue outside is still long and money continue pouring in for her. But the lack of humanism and the money oriented attitude make me refuse to go back there again. There are equally good if not better assam laksa and chendol elsewhere anyway.

• Visited August 2012