“Overall good food, a little expensive”
Review of Geographer Cafe

Geographer Cafe
Ranked #15 of 712 Restaurants in Melaka
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Geographer Cafe is a fun place to go for lunch. We noticed that other diners had ordered plum juice, which was very good. The spring rolls were excellent, served with peanut sauce. The tom yum soup was served in a coconut and very good. The vegetarian noodles (a house specialty) did not taste good, which was unfortunate since everything else was very good. The restaurant was extremely busy with large groups, which was surprising since we came in for a late lunch. Because it was so busy it took a while until we could order. The food was more expensive than we were used to on our trip in Malaysia, but several dishes were memorable.

There are newer reviews for Geographer Cafe

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stopped off for a quick bite to eat and ended up enjoying a couple of beers, Waiters were attentive even though the place was busy at lunch, the place had a nice atmosphere, served good international food and had a huge choice of beverages available. It ticked all the right boxes, would definitely recommend, good job guys.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I went to the Geographer Cafe for lunch time, and it wasn't so busy. I had to wait around 10 minutes to have someone to take my order, and at the end, after asking for the bill, I had to wait around 30 minutes, plus 10 minutes to have my change back! The poor service is sad, because so place is really nice, good music ( and some french music!! why? even me french I didn't know them!!)and the food is really good. But for people who really like to eat, it can be not enough on the plate! For me it was all good!
If you are on the terrace, you will be on so many pictures of all the Asian people who take the building in picture (famous building on commercials and movies).
The prices are more expensive than what you can find in other place in the city!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stopped in for lunch. The menu covered all the basics. The chicken Satay was tasty and the fresh lime juice was quite refreshing. Everything that I saw around me looked very appetizing. Waiters were attentive. It was always busy everytime I walked by. Its located on a busy corner on Jonker Street so it is a great spot for peoplewatching.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant, nice place and ambience. The food and drinks were awesome. The music takes u too a different world. It is just awesome place to hang out and have fun.