“Jonker Street watering hole”
Review of Geographer Cafe

Geographer Cafe
Ranked #15 of 712 Restaurants in Melaka
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

You wont find another place like this in Jonker street. Nice street corner under cover outdoor seating, a nice place to sit and relax after battling the markets. The beer is cold, the staff friendly and attentive and the atmosphere is just right. Beware the live entertainment though, can be pretty bad. Other than that, I don't think you can go wrong.

1  Thank Klokani
There are newer reviews for Geographer Cafe

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Halfway down Jonkers Street this famous cafe is just perfect for a relaxing meal or beer.
for my wife and 3 and year old Satay, popiah, spring rolls, lovely chips and a small curry shared with a few cold beers was just 100 RM (20 quid). The building is lovely, the music was cool and the service Malaysian. Friendly and sporadic. Overall though, a great place to watch the world go by.

1  Thank mark c
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had lunch here and the food ( Chicken cashew nuts with rice) was really disappointing. The chicken was very dry, the sauce was tasteless and the riced was really overcooked. I'm not a difficult eater (have been eating in SE Asia as a backpacker for the last 5 months), but this dish was really one of the worst I've had! For the price we've paid, you would expect a better quality dish. On the other hand, the service was good and quick. I can imagine this is a good place to drink (looks nice) but the food wasn't good. My girlfriend had a sandwich and that was OK but nothing special.

1  Thank Thibaut T
Reviewed April 30, 2013

It was my 1st visit to Jonker Street with my friend and our families. After tired walking up and down of Jonker Street, we wanted to have some drink and our kids wanted to eat ice cream. We decided to drop by at Geographer Café, but we were very disappointed with service that was rendered to us.
1. My 3yrs kid was holding the salt bottled and the waitress who took our order just grabbed the bottle from my kid’s hand.
2. They billed us and we paid for the drinks and ice cream. But they did not serve the ice cream until we ask them.
3.The same waitress was putting long face during the whole evening.
4.And the worse to come...my friend’s 2yrs son wanted to go to toilet. They mopped the floor and he had to step and go to toilet. The same waitress told my friend in a very rude manner to control his kid.
I think she have problem with kids. If they don't like kids they should just put notice that kids are not allowed. We have complaint to the Cafe manager and she was defending her worker. So if you are planning to go this place, please don't bring along your kids. And also please remind them your order otherwise you will pay but would not get your order.

2  Thank Chlva
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We went for lunch. The food was good and the service diligent. We had spring rolls, chicken satay, fried rice and chicken wings, with beer and coconut juice for drinks. The music was good (western music) and nice atmosphere.

1  Thank JOSPIR89