“Best Chendol In Jonker Walk”
Review of No. 1 Kopitiam

No. 1 Kopitiam
Ranked #176 of 861 Restaurants in Melaka
Reviewed July 3, 2017

There are too many chendol shops in Jonker Walk but which one deserves that limited space in your stomach?

I tried 3 shops at a go just to attest to my memory and taste buds and this shop comes out TOP! A humble bowl, but packed with such intense gula melaka flavour we expect from a perfect bowl of chendol.

Don't follow blindly at shops that has a queue and deceived yourself that it's the best. Try different shops before you decide. Queuing does affect weak taste buds on perceived taste.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed October 24, 2016

i like the Chendol there and the nice Lime juice. Friendly staff the owner is nice and friendly always smile at customer .

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed May 10, 2016

Before finding this little gem, we tried chendol from a famous stall by the river and was very dissapointed. The very next day we randomly step into this empty small shop and had very delicious chendol! I was sharing a bowl with my husband ( just in case it will be as dissapointing as the other stall) and he actually told me to get my own bowl after tasting it! This is how chendol is suppose to be - generous gula melaka with richness from the coconut milk!

You can get other snacks like egg tarts, dodol etc here

FYI, once we started eating our chendol, many ppl came in and the store got abit crowded :)

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank craftywarrior
Reviewed May 2, 2016 via mobile

A small shop that sell famous chendol. Opposite is the rice ball chicken rice restaurant. Good dessert after a meal of chicken rice.

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank StanleyFoo
Reviewed April 21, 2016

I recently travelled here to try their cendol and compare it to the cendol that I have had in Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Kota Bharu. I cannot say I am an expert in cendol but I do love to eat it when I can, even the "substitutes" I get back in Perth. The cendol from No1. Kopitiam was fabulous!!! I'm not sure their exact mix but the addition of real gula Melaka makes a big difference. It's sweet and cold, syrupy and tasty. I recommend trying it. Best yet it's located just over the bridge from the well known Dutch square and is the first in "Jonker Street" (On the left).

Date of visit: April 2016