“Good food but slightly expensive”

Nancy's Kitchen Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 681 Restaurants in Melaka
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food but slightly expensive”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We ordered deep fried squid, which was really good, chap chai which was good and the duck soup which I found a little too much on the sour side.

Prices were alright, if a little expensive. Portion size was enough for two (3 dishes).

I preferred Kocik restaurant for nonya food though.

I liked the peranakan songs playing in the background though.

• Visited November 2012

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
“Loved!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Nancy's Kitchen was recommended to us by our bus guide and since we had read about it online as well we decided to go have a look. The food is fantastic! the location, brilliant and the pricing is great.

We ate there every single day while we were at Malacca and we even took back some of her belachan and curry powder - it was that good!
You must try the peranakan chicken curry , prawn sambal, four angled beans and the sour plum juice. Her portions are decent and more than enough to go around.

Visited November 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Don't miss this place when you're in Melaka”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My partner and I had a very easy and light dinner here. It was my first time dinning here so I did not know what to expect and boy was I in for a treat.

The retro setting was amazing and even though the kitchen is located right behind where I sat, I did not feel warm at all. The food was just delicious. No other words to describe it. The best time I would recommend visiting this place is around 5.30pm, that would ensure that you have a nice easy meal to take your time to finish, thereby entering the famous Jonker street at around 6.45pm, seeing them set up the stalls and experiencing the night life Melaka has to offer. Also by going slightly earlier, you would avoid the dinner crowd that my partner and I saw on the way back, there was a huge line! Goodness me, you can't go wrong with this place it seems.

The snacks that they sell there are all freshly made on the day itself so we went back the following morning at 11am, just when they were ready to grab several boxes for our respective families before heading back to Singapore. So good were the snacks that we almost finished half of them before hitting the highway!

My only mark against this establishment would be the fact that you will have to chase away some flies during your meal. Not really a downside but more of an irritation. Oh wells, I was so engrossed with the food, sometimes you might not notice! I'll surely be back when I can!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank iron_symphony
Melaka, Malaysia
“Nancy's Kitchen in Melaka”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Nice retro setting and good food. You have a choice of sitting on the ground level or upstairs with timber flooring.....good old feeling.
Food is good and pricing reasonable. Hosts are friendly and atmosphere good.
They sell Nyonya kueh too !

• Visited November 2012
KL
“nice dumplings”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I did not dine in, but the dumplings are good. Rm5 now. the place is always crowded. the space is rather small, suggest to dine in early.

Visited May 2012