“good hotel”
Review of Om Sai Guest House

Om Sai Guest House
Ranked #29 of 82 Canacona B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 30, 2009

very but very friendly staff. perfect location. only 4min walk to palolem beach. clean room with clean toilet. very good price for value.
only down sides: no shampoo or soap given. no table in the room.

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank metripgo

Reviewed January 11, 2009

We booked to stay at Om Sai because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor. We sent an email and had a replt back asking to call them which we did. We made the booking for 4 nights and was asked whether we would need a taxi transfer from Benaulim where we were staying at that time. We had already arranged our own and Guarav then went on to plead that we would definately arrive as so many people had booked and not turned up. I promised that we would and gave him my mobile number.
I also called him when we were on our way in the taxi.
When we arrived we were asked to confirm that we were staying for 3 nights, when I said no it was 4 the guy looked a bit puzzled but all seemed ok.
Each morning after that we were bombarded with questions as to whether everything was OK and to make sure we asked if we needed anything etc It became a bit overpowering and I was beginning to smell a rat.
Sure enough, on our 3rd night there there was a knock at the door and Guarav insisted that we switched rooms the next day to a 'much bigger room with a balcony - a honeymoon suite so that you will remember your last night here with us'. We were more than happy with the room that we had and didn't want to move but he wasn't having any of it. It was obvious that he had double booked the room but rather than be honest (like most Indian people) he was making up a story.
The room was only next door to us and all was great......until we went to use the shower - no hot water! He'd pulled a fast one on us by not telling us that there was no hot water in the shower. Apparently we were to use their room downstairs if we wanted hot water! If I know about a room up front that there's only cold water then I don't have a problem and it's my decision whether to stay or not. This put a downer on our whole stay there as we knew that there was going to be a problem from when we first checked in.
Sure enough, the Danish couple who have also written a review were the people who moved in to our room!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank charoon
gauravPalolem, Owner at Om Sai Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2009

Its always a very personal experience when staying at Om Sai guest house which all our guests have always expressed. This is also evident from the reviews published on Tripadvisor and other review sites. Even the reviewer here has expressed the same. And even the "alleged extra care" was not with an intention to get the room cleared.

The same review could have come from the Danish couple if we were to say a no after booking them. It was a human error on my part (hearing 3 nights instead of 4) which I accept, but delivering a statement with full of negative rife stating that "but rather than be honest (like most Indian people)" is certainly unacceptable.

I actually shifted the reviewer to a better room but unluckily the hot shower went wrong to which my staff were quick to respond. And even offered hot water buckets OR the option to take a bath downstairs. The trouble in the shower was fixed the very next day.

With this response I stay affirm to provide the best support for all the visitors of Om Sai guest house Palolem.

Reviewed December 29, 2008

Being a couple + 60 we had the pleasure of staying 2 weeks at Om Sai Guesthouse in Palolem and also in the owners brand new huts in Agonda Beach. Both places were neat and clean and the owner passionate making us have a great time.
We can only recommend this place to everyone who does not search for great luxury, but value clean and orderly places with good security. Young, single or couples - does not matter what. You will be in good hands.
In Agonda - a bounty like place - the huts are wonderful at waterfront and all with seaview. Fantastic.
A pick up service is working well and everybody is helpful and passionate.
Go eat at Little Italy/ Babas Place in Palolem. Great food, great people, good prices. No one got sick.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trobeglotter
Reviewed December 24, 2008

We stayed in this hotel from December 16, 2008 till December 20. It was the best hotel we stayed in India during our 2-week trip. Its main advantage – wonderful hosts! Two brothers, who run the hotel provided all the assistance possible, we felt cared about all the time. Our room was sparkling clean with all the facilities necessary like shower, air conditioner, fridge and TV. The hotel location is great, just 2 minutes walk to the magnificent Palolem beach. The hotel was really like home and contributed a lot to our pleasant emotions for Goa. We’d like to return to Palolem next winter, I hope, we’ll be able to stay once again in Om Sai. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone looking for a great place in Palolem.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2008

I have been to Palolem a few times and this is definately the best place i have stayed. Great Value for money, 1200 Rs for Large Very clean room with Aircon, Balcony, massive bed, TV, fridge etc etc. Best of all the owner Guarav and other staff were so friendly and helpful. He will meet you at the airport and go's out of his way to help with whatever you need. When i got sick he was great!!!!

We booked before we arrived in India and Guarav gives a promt response to emails. He also has beach huts in Agonda and will arrange for you to spend some time there, with transport etc. Really nice to split your time between the very quiet and relaxing Agonda and Palolem.

I have spent alot of time in India and this has to be one of the most comfortable places to stay!! I will definately go back when i return to Goa!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 21, 2008

If your looking for a wicked location, spotless clean room and want to know that your stuff will be safe then this is a great place to stay! the dudes that run the place are 100% trustworthy (which, can be difficult to come across in India...especially at Delhi train station....). We only stayed a couple of nights and it was exactly what we wanted, then headed up to Anjuna...where... quite simply i wouldn\'t go again....EVER. So we headed back to palolem and was so happy with the om sai, we got straight back in contact with them and stayed in their new beach huts on Agonda beach. (not too far from palolem but much quieter...yet to be developed, so if you like that thing i would recommend it). Again their huts were clean, Not likely to fall apart, and safe, which is exactly what you want! p.s. love the silk walls!! All in all you can\'t go wrong booking here, or at their beach huts!.

Cheers people....Excellent!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2008

I went to Palolem without booking in advance and the busdriver just dropped my somewhere in Canacona. So, I had some locals phone the Om Sai Guest House and they picked me up from where I was, gave me a spotlessly clean AC room at a good price. As a girl travelling alone, I felt very safe at the Om Sai.
If I get the chance to come back to Goa, I would either stay here or in the new place, the Om Sai Manager just built at Agonda beach.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)