“Om Sai”

Ranked #25 of 80 Canacona B&B and Inns
oulu
“Om Sai”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Om Sai Guest House was a friendly place, and the staff is willing to help you with your problems. It's very near to the beach and the shops. I felt safe in the guest house and I even had my own guardian dog at my doorstep the hole time!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Piika86

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hebrew first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed April 30, 2013

MONEY STOLEN BY HOTEL EMPLOYEE. We left our wallets inside the rooms safety deposit while we went to the beach and locked the drawer as well as the room door. When we came back an employee told us not to lose the key to the drawer since there is only one available. But the guests who stayed next door told us that they saw this employee coming out of our room. They confronted him and asked him what he was doing in the room without us. He told them that he only wanted to check if we had a key to the drawer. He took 2000 R. out of our belts. We called the manager, and after a long discussion we got the money back. Then we bought our own locks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bangale
gauravPalolem, Owner at Om Sai Guest House, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Alexandra,

Come on. You know and we know, there was no money stolen. Why would the employee take only 2000 out of your claimed 10,000? We are operating this property since 2006 and not a single complain of this kind has been made, ever. After you reported this we confronted and grilled the employee in question and from all the questioning we know that he did not take any money from your room. Did he go in, yes he did and he shouldn't have, yet there was no money stolen.

TripAdvisor team,

We take security and safety very seriously and after Alexandra reported this incidence, we are installing CCTV cameras and having a watchman in our premises who will check all employees. "We are" because the season was almost over in Goa by the time this happened and we are restarting in September and making these arrangements. We know and understand this is an ugly spat but we took prompt action and I personally gave 2000 bucks to Alexandra as soon as this got reported. We are not sure what the motive was with Alexandra for this story which was made up, but as a business owner we are even more safety oriented now.

When we asked the client about why only 2000 was taken out of 10000, they literally had no reply. If someone managed to get in their room with an intention to steal, the bank was all open in front of them, why would they take only 2k and not entire 10k (as they claimed was there)?

We request you to take this review down because this is like getting a seal on an untrue incidence. There is no proof whatsoever that the money was indeed stolen. It is their "hunch" which is unfortunately putting us in bad light despite us staying committed to our clean operations as we have done for the past 7 years. Moreover, they got their 2000 almost instantaneously and still went ahead and promptly put this review on TripAdvisor which makes us feel there is something fishy in their hasty approach. We don't know if it is a competitor trying to harm us or just plain disdain shown towards us, but this is very incorrect to showcase Om sai in this bad light.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My name is jeff stock and I had the pleasure of staying in this guesthouse in feb . Garaiv the owner and John are very friendly . They are real genuine people who take care of you and are amazing . In fact all the staff are very helpful . I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to visit palolem. . I myself will be returning without a doubt .

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Stocky60
kurnool
Reviewed March 31, 2013

very gud guest house mr john who is working there is very friendley and coop.we 3 stayed there far 5 nights i.e 19 march to 24 march. we also have mini refrigerater in the room.we surely comeback soon.hot water availed 24 hours,we have wifi in my room.

Room Tip: room no 204 is best
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank muralikrishnajulai
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Basic accommodation but with all amenities.. You got hot water in each room and in some room even TV and A/C, I stayed in a Fan room which still was OK. The guy who run the place is very kind and smiling .. This place is not on the beach (just a very short walk ) and I think is a good thing as you do not have to bear the dogs barking at night on the beach..!
You even have wi-fi inside the room .. what else could you expect from a very budget hotel?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank nichk84
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is my third visit to this guest house in as many years and am always met with welcoming arms from the guys that run it. Gaurav the owner always keeps my favorite room available for me as he knows this is where I am happiest. The rooms are clean, and towels and sheets are changed daily or on request. I cannot recommend this guest house enough. My only worry is that the guest house will become so popular that Gaurav will not be able to keep my room for me each year.

Room Tip: I would recommend rooms on the first floor as they are airier than the ones below
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JelKensalRise
united kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at Omi Sai last year and I have just returned from another stay. Same excellent value for money. Same friendly staff who looked after me and made sure I had my favourite room available! I travelled out alone so having a friendly and safe place to stay was important to me. Wouldnt hesitate to recommend this guest house. It's clean, tidy, basic and does what you need it to do! This is a family run business and all the staff are looked after. I would also recommend their driver for airport taxis and trips. Rajesh was an excellent, careful driver. Many thanks

Room Tip: Rooms at the back tend to be a bit quieter, but the main room isnt exactly noisey either!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple