“Family run resort with genuinely friendly service”
Review of Bhakti Kutir

Bhakti Kutir
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Canacona
“Family run resort with genuinely friendly service”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a month during the monsoon after being flooded and molded out of our long term 5 month rental house in the area.
The restaurant is excellent and the healthiest choice in town and we ate their almost daily in the 5 months we resided nearby.
The on site aryuvedic center with a skilled doctor and masseuses has excellent and affordable massages and treatment plans but most importantly the staff and management are incomparable in their genuine friendliness , sincerity and helpfulness like an extended family and small village which is becoming more rare in the increasingly money-focused and area of south goa.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Devenrud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

It was clearly off-season, which meant we were nearly the only people staying and many of the huts looked shut up and unused. At first I thought this was a bad thing, but it actually added to the calm. I imagine that it would be quite different in high season.

We stayed in the stone house which was great, and good value at this time of year at 2000rs. The food was very tasty, especially the museli with coconut milk and the pakora.

I will definitely stay here again if I ever return to palolem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LukePearce85
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Whenever I go to Goa, its always Palolem because of its calm and absence of heavy tourism/crowd. I have since 2005 chosen and stayed at the Bakti Kutir. This place is heaven to me: close enough to the beach without the sand and music noise but just the waves, the wooden houses and huts which are very spacious and comfortable, the healthy and often organic food and the Management team which are like a family, especially the owner Uti and the Director Yasho.
I highly recommend this place to all demanding travelers who enjoy privacy and relaxation. Not to mention the Ayurveda treatments.

Room Tip: Room number 1 and 9!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adriendm
New Delhi
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is my third visit to the Bhakti Kutir and I must say each time I'm back, it gets even better!The owner, Ute and the Director Yasho (her son) were amazing, friendly and very helpful. And not to forget the ever smiling staff always at hand to attend to you.
The Clean, cute, cozy huts in the middle of such lush green garden is a treasure in itself.So close to Palolem beach yet so far away from the hustle. It really feels like HOME.
The ayurvedic massages are such healing touch to your body and mind. It's worth every penny.
The food - the healthiest, freshest and most delicious of all Palolem (atleast, for me and my friend). The young Chef is amazing. The best part is that they are always accommodating to your needs.

I find it hard to comprehend why some people have issues with this awesome place. If you don't love nature, you shouldn't have stayed at all in the first place, let alone even book it.

Bhakti Kutir - the best place to unwind and relax and enjoy nature after a long day on the beach in Palolem, Canacona, Goa.
I'm eager and ready to be back here for my next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JothamSV
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We loved to stay here and consider it 1 of the best places we stayed in our 8 week journey through south India. Bhakti Kutir is an eco and mind-body conscious resort just in between Palolem and Collum beach. It is situated in a rich garden, that gives a jungle feel to it, has comfortable huts and open air bathrooms. The location is quiet but very close to Palolem beach, Collum Beach and Patnem. Food is great; veg and non veg. Service is very good; the staff gives the impression of loving the place themselves. We enjoyed the yogaclasses with Swami and my partner got in a private session a simple customised program which served him and his back very well the rest of the journey. Also the ayurvedic centre is great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WalvisenCo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Everything is just perfect at this place.....the rooms are tidy, traditional and comfortable. Food is delicious....the kitchen team is working hard on making everyone happy and full :) lovely selection of vegetarian and non-veg options... you won't like to eat anywhere else. The staff is super helpful ......it's nice to see people working & loving their jobs! Yoga is the best....best I evert experienced! Make sure you stay long enough to get the benefits :) And the Ayurveda team is very experienced ... I had a shoulder problem for about a year..... and it has been fixed after few visits....thank you for sharing your knowledge, love & happiness!! I will be back :) x

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marlene253
Tilburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just got back from my trip to India and an 8-day stay at Bhakti and must say I really do not understand the bad reviews given before. They must be of an older timeframe because me and my boyfriend absolutely loved our stay at one of the huts in Bhakti!

The staff is very friendly and willing to help, the hut (with clean sheets and musquitonet) a unique place to sleep and the food is great. The garden is mesmerizing and very beautiful. A short path leads you straight to the beach next to a restaurant where it is movie-night every night (Hollywoodfilms). The massages are a perfect way to relax. Next to that, we unfortunately became sick on our last day there (because of a meal eaten at the beach) but the staff was very flexibel and nice enough to let us stay for free until 16:00 (instead of check-out at 12) so we could rest until our traintrip later that day.

Sure, there are musquitos (you have a hut in the jungle) and the shower is cold (but hey at 10 it is already 28 degrees so what do you care). Would definitely, without a doubt, recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple