“Wonderful authentic Italian food”
Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Ranked #39 of 247 Restaurants in Canacona
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2019

This was our go-to place when we wanted an alternative to curries. Italian-owned, the restaurant offers authentic Italian fare. Really good pizzas and the aubergine dish too were delicious. The restaurant is attractive & the staff (especially Placid & Adharsh) made it a fun place to go to.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 17, 2019

We visited this place only for desserts once we discovered it. The panna cotta is great. The tiramisu was good, could be better. This place has a very friendly staff and is nice. We reached one night just after they closed but they were nice enough to serve us panna cotta.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 25, 2019

11 years ago we wanted to try a pizza in Goa, at La dolce vita, but it didn’t taste like a pizza. We learned a lesson: if you want good European food, stay in Europe. This year a couple invited us to go here again and they said that “ now the pizza’s are much better!”. Wrong! It was much worse than in 2008. The bottom of both our pizza’s were burned, they had NO taste, and not made of the right ingredients. The toppings were very bad, and too small. Four cheese? I didn’t taste and see them. The taste was really bad. It was also far too little. And burned. The servants were very unpleasant and wanted us to order immediatly. The atmosphere was meaningless. Can somebody explain me why so many people are so positive about this?
I can only mention this reasons:
1) they are afraid to eat good Indian local food
2) they have no taste for good food and don’t know what a good pizza is
3) some reviews are lies
But let me give you this advice: try good Indian food if you are in India and try a pizza where they know how to prepare pizza’s
Forget this place. Really, i mean it

Date of visit: February 2019
thecreaticehunter, Proprietario at La Dolce Vita, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2019

What to say I’m sorry you don’t like it !what we put in the pizza are all ingredients are imported or made in India from a good company!!lthen if you didn’t like is ok but put us in a such light is not nice !the people are happy and the review are all reall why should be not real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway enjoy the Indian food you are in India !!!!i love India and even if I’m Italian and I tell you I know how to eat I really love also Indian food !!!!!!life is beautiful

Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

I went there with two of my friends. Service wasn’t quick but for us waiting is not a problem because there were lots of people in the restaurant.

Staff is super friendly except the owners who look like they just don’t care. But the waiter boys are lovely. The pizza we ordered was not the best pizza we’ve ever had but it was okay. Pasta on the other hand was over cooked and not that great. But I think that was just because they were full.

In Agonda there is not that many Italian restaurants, so that’s why La Dolce Vita still gets a lot of people in.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

Visited here yesterday and ordered the meatballs. When my meal arrived the meatballs were cold however the sauce was hot. I returned the meal and asked for a hot meal to be prepared. The meatballs were then re-heated but on the return of the meal, the mashed potato was cold. I then requested that a full fresh meal was prepared. After side glances from the chef and another packet of pre-packaged mash potato collected from the freezer, my meal was returned hot. However now containing only 2 meatballs which means the meal wasn’t freshly prepared and was just again reheated.

No apology from the restaurant or a discount for the inconvenience of eating alone as my family has already finished eating.

Maybe they were just having a bad night, previously we had visited for dessert and that was lovely.

Date of visit: January 2019
thecreaticehunter, Proprietario at La Dolce Vita, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2019

Sorry to hear this !!i didn’t know the waiter didn’t inform me ,the meat ball are fresh only take time to get hot probably was as you say was a bad night !thank to inform me and I hope to see you again!!