“Fantastic place for a peaceful, relaxing holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canacona
Little Cove Yoga Holiday Retreat
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place for a peaceful, relaxing holiday”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This year me and I my husband wanted a peaceful, tranquil holiday season, where we could stay on the beach, reflect, re-charge our brains and bodies. We really wanted to stay away from the people and do something more spiritual than normally.

Little Cove turned out to be a great experience for us. It was exactly what we wanted.

How does it work:
The day at Little Cove starts with 1.5 yoga exercise at 7:30 am , followed by light breakfast from fruits, at 11 brunch is served, at 3pm there is another fruit break, at 5 starts meditation practice on the rocks watching the sunset, and at 7 there is dinner.
This is a very comfortable routine. One ends up having enough time for sunbathing, massage, relaxation, reading, swimming etc.

Facilities and Staff:
Facilities are simple but very well thought through. Huts have comfortable beds each covered by mosquito net. Toilet is what they refer to as "western", and each hut has its own. Shower does not have hot water, but the temperature is very comfortable. The huts are cleaned every day.

The facilities beyond hut are everything you need for relaxation - massage place, lots of places to lay down and relax, or sleep under palm trees.

The staff is amazing. They are very caring and attentive. The most amazing and impressive experience.

The food is all vegetarian, but extremely filling, delicious, and healthy. No alcohol is served at the resort, but if you really struggle and need a beer occasionally you can walk 5 minutes to the bar at the neighbouring resort.

Location:
It's quite a secluded location, the retreat has probably 8 huts with 2 people in each. It is literally based on the beach. There are two more resorts on that same beach but they are also quite small and situated further away on the beach. There is no noise, parties, boozing etc,
The beach is quite rocky, and so it's easier to swim in the morning when the tide is high, but there is a beautiful beach in 10 min walking - where one can swim in sea and sweet water lagoon - amazing experience and very beautiful. If occasionally you want to get to see more people - Palolem and Agonda villages are in 30 min taxi ride away from Little Cove which makes them very accessible. Little Cove has its own driver, who can easily take you wherever you wish.

I felt great at the end of my 8-day stay. I would definitely come back. I did not have such great sleep since I was a child i guess. My body appreciated daily workouts and natural healthy food. It was a great way to start 2014

Room Tip: There are only 8 huts, so it really does not matter which one you get.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zvieeta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Barrybigones
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We went and stayed last month, I had never done yoga before and was a little sceptical, but was persuaded by friends to go. Well, what a wonderful way to be converted.

Pardeshi is a wonderful teacher, and a quiet, warm and wonderful human being. I am a total yoga and meditation convert. It was all quite special. The food was wonderful, and there is plenty of it.

Accommodation is basic, but very comfortable. I slept very well. On seeing me after a week, my husband was amazed at how healthy I looked. Bright eyes and a glow apparently!

I would highly recommend asking Pardeshi to organise a taxi from the airport. Other guests who hadn't done so had a little trouble finding it, and if I was a woman on my own, I would have been worried about where I was being taken! The last bit is down a track. Also that way you know the price is going to be right, and Pardeshi's taxi drivers know to ring through and have someone come and meet you at the car to help you down the slightly steep path to the actual resort.

I highly recommend Little Cove, and I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Barrybigones
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The web pictures of little cove yoga retreat look very idyllic, but the real thing is even better - our first impression was WOW!
We had the most relaxing week. Yoga at dawn was a great start to the day before laying on a sun bed on a near secluded sandy beach. The food was wonderful, so healthy and tasty as was the ginger and mint tea. Pardeshi and his staff were very attentive and made us feel welcome and very safe. The beach huts were clean and the beds extremely comfortable - I slept better than I had in ages. Meditation on the rocks at sunset was magical, especially when dolphins swam by.
We had a wonderful week of yoga, relaxation, massage, meditation and wonderful healthy food. My only criticism is that I should have booked two weeks! Thank you Pardeshi and all your wonderful staff for such a perfect holiday.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ann P
Ripley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We left the main road for Cola Beach and bumped down a dirt track until it petered out in a clearing above the cove. The last leg of the journey is on foot down a path running through a meadow of cows and butterflies. The Little Cove Yoga Retreat staff walked up to meet us and guide us down the cliff to the simple camp of 8 huts circling the yoga platform just a few paces from the pristine beach. This is a magical retreat of yoga, really special food and beach living and a great place to meet people around the communal dinner table for lone travellers. Pardeshi will organise a taxi to meet you at the airport or station and it is best to take this option as it is hard to find and the last leg of the journey could be a little alarming if you are arriving after sunset. But don't worry this is a very safe place and Pardeshi will look after you beautifully.

Room Tip: Both twins and double beds available all sea-facing, all a similar standard.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

As many have mentioned before and we can't do anything but confirm: this place is a little gem. After a long flight from Europe with various stoppovers, we were picked up from Pardeshis staff at the airport in Goa just in time. When we finally arrived after our 1.5 hrs journey, we had to walk a few metres to a small cliff: Below and in front of us the palm fringed little cove yoga retreat. Right next to the endless Indian Ocean. Even though we are in India and it's not "The Beach" in Thailand, this impression stuck our minds.
We climbed down to the huts and were instantly welcomed with a bottle of water and some fresh fruit salad. What a start to our 4 day stay at the retreat.
The huts are very basic but with extraordinary comfortable beds and nice seaview verandas, sourrounding the yoga gym. The morning class done by the owner Pardeshi himself starts at around 7.15 am and lasts for approx. 2 hrs. It's simple but exact yoga with many small meditation breaks in between. So it's good for beginners or those who want to relax while listening to the seawaves and watching the sun rise over the ocean right in front of you. Afterwards you can find swinging chairs and hammocks between the palms and wait for the breakfast (fruits) and lunch (indian vegs and bread) to be served indian style sitting in the gym.
The days we usually spend at the silent private beach in absolute absence of sunglasses selling boys or drunken sunburned tourists. Due to the many rocks it's not ideal for swimming, though, but the water is clear and warm and it felt like bathing in a pool. A few minutes walk away we also found other coves and beaches to swim. Our afternoon usually ended with a silence meditation, where we followed Pardeshi across the beach to find a nice spot on the rocks to watch the sun melt in the ocean. Dinner was served shortly after at the family table next to the gym in the sand. The simple but superb vegetarian Indian cuisine can be enjoyed directly under the palms and the dark, open sky. What a perfect end to a relaxing beach day.
So we can honestly confirm Pardeshis concept he explained us one evening: "Good food and good matresses". It's exactly that coupled with increadible attentiveness and friendliness of the staff in a beautiful scenery. Thanks Pardeshi for being a very caring host!
What else can one want?

(PS: it's consequently non-alcohol and non-meat but also non-vegan...)

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sascha_and_Inge
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Little Cola Beach is beautiful, secluded and peaceful. It is amazing to woke up few steps from this beach. My routine was: early morning yoga, then big fruit salad, then go for a run in the beach, swim and get ready for brunch! Unforgettable guided meditation during sunsets :)
Pardeshi is an excellent teacher and human being, I learnt too much from him.
The food is home made and excellent. You can also go to the kitchen and learn how to prepare delicious indian dishes!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Little Cove is an absolute treasure of a place and I can't wait to return. Pardeshi and his team of lovely staff ensure that your time here is relaxing and comfortable and as a solo traveller, the atmosphere of the place promotes a sense of a sociable big family but also one where you can take time on your own to chill, reflect and have your quiet time when needed. Little Cove seems to attract great people that made this experience even more special. It was so nice to just have a good meal and chat into the night with such lovely and interesting people.

The beach itself is stunning and peaceful and there are beautiful views from the huts and the yoga shala. The photos on the website don't do it justice. The huts are very clean with comfortable beds unlike some of the places I've stayed in India. The food is amazing! I'm not a vegetarian but with this Thali type food, fresh from the market each day, I never got bored or missed fish and meat and it's fun going to watch the team prepare the evening meal.

As for the yoga and meditation, Pardeshi is a great teacher. As someone who does a lot of yoga back in the UK, it was great to go back to the real yoga and meditation which is the key to real well being. The classes are great for all levels as Pardeshi ensures that everyone can work at their own level and pace and it was great to see us all improve as the week went on. Meditation on the rocks each sunset was really special. Follow that with one of the fantastic massages they offer and you're truly in a state of bliss.

I left after my 5 nights I'd booked to spend some time with friends in nearby Agonda. I had a great time there but couldn't resist returning to Little Cove for my last few days.

I cannot fault this place and I was glad to hear from Pardeshi that he has no plans to expand Little Cove as he wants to keep it special. As long as there's room for me next year, then I think this is very wise!

I left feeling refreshed, calm and happier than I've been in a long while. A week later back in the UK, I'm still smiling and my friends tell me I have a glow that's not just my suntan!

Room Tip: I stayed in a couple of the huts and both good but I did love one of the front huts that have the be...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SandyKir
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canacona
The Leela Goa
Bamboo Yoga Retreat Goa
Dwarka Eco Beach Resort
Dwarka Eco Beach Resort
#4 of 140 in Canacona

Been to Little Cove Yoga Holiday Retreat? Share your experiences!