“A little piece of paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Cove Yoga Holiday Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canacona
Little Cove Yoga Holiday Retreat
Brussels, Belgium
“A little piece of paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I do not want to repeat all the nice things many others have written before on tripadvisor and that made me choose the Little Cove for my yoga vacation. I just left the Little Cove and loved it there. I will just write about some practical things you should keep in mind if you consider going there.
If you arrive during the night, don't be afraid of where the driver might take you. The last part of the way is hardly a road, very bumpy in the middle of the wilderness and jungle. But once you arrive, you are rewarded by the beauty of the beach and the whole setting.
Do not expect any material luxury at Little Cove. Pardeshi and his staff will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable, provide extra lamps or a mirror, if you want to, but the general set up is basic. You will have everything you need, but not necessarily more than that. Which is not a bad thing. The real luxury the beauty of the place, the friendliness of the people working there - and they work hard - the wonderful food, yoga and meditation classes, all of this makes you feel at home. If you get up early in the morning and want to go for a walk on the beach before yoga, you will get tea or coffee, there is fruit after the yoga and then the brunch a little later.
If you want to go on an excursion or just to Agonda - the seaside village next door with nice shops and bars/cafés on the beach - Pardeshi will arrange a driver for you.
If you need to stay in touch with the outside world, keep in mind that internet might be fickle - like in the whole area, I had the impression, and mobile phone coverage is quite poor. There are just a few spots where you get a decent signal. And in case the electricity goes during the night, you might just want to bring a torch. It gets pitch black there at night.
Having said all this, I had a wonderful time there and would have loved to stay a little longer at the Little Cove.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Before I booked Little Cove Yoga Holiday Retreat I spent hours browsing yoga retreats in Goa...and this place had so many grt reviews that I had to check it out personally. I did all upscale vacations in my life - Phuket, Barbados, Mediterranean Sea, but this was something super special...secluded, pure energy, beautiful eco huts, stunning nature..and the people they were taking care of us were just unbelievably sweet and helpful. Pardeshi is excellent person and yoga teacher who takes care so much about his customers. The food was delicious, will never forget the best Massala tea which was every day prepared for us by the Nepali man with the biggest heart, my dearest Darmesh. Miss these people so much!!! Also was maybe lucky that I met there really cool people and we had grt fun together. This place is awesome if u travel by yourself and want to clear and calm your mind, get proper rest and do yoga...thank you so much again for unforgettable stay...hopefully back soon. Dominika

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Forest Row, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this amazing yoga retreat. We arrived right at beginning of the season and for 3 days had the luxury of the whole of Little Cove to ourselves. There was still some building of the retreat going on but all the staff were so mindful, not only our care and needs, but also made themselves scarce when we were around and they had work to do .

Pardeshi is the most wonderful host, so caring and concerned about his guests welfare and dedicated to making Little Cove a wonderful experience, nothing was too much trouble and all his staff wonderful, attentive but never ' in your face' ,

Be warned ... there are no signs to this glorious retreat and despite getting to the nearest village, no one knew of the existence of Little Cove- the retreat itself is about 2 kms from the main road down an unmade road and requires a little scramble down a low cliff ( stepped) to reach the destination . Take advantage of Pardesh'is driver to pick you up to avoid our experience of arriving by taxi in the village only to have a 2 hour panic when we couldn't find the place as the sun was setting.

However , when you get there you will be greeted with the most fantastic vegetarian food, blissful yoga and meditation on the rocks by the sea. endlessly cheerful staff and comfortable rooms. Don't miss a blissful massage with Rahm!!

Thank you Pardeshi for being so down to earth, hardworking and for making the yoga and meditation so simple and enjoyable.

We will be back next year, and totally recommend this venue for anyone with any level of yoga experience , I have done yoga for 30 years, my traveling companion only a very little experience and Pardeshi manged to provide us both with a great learning experience ... Don't take to much notice of the emphasis on Ashtanga Yoga reputation , this is not tie yourself in Knots yoga for professional !....Genius !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

From the moment you arrive there is breathtaking views of the Arabian Sea - it's no lie, every room has a nice beach and sea view. The hospitality and kindness of the staff and of course the yoga instructor, Pardeshi, was lovely. The folks I met while staying at little cove were also wonderful. I'd recommend this to anyone whose interested in getting away for a little or a long time!

• Stayed October 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was here in January and still I have this wonderful place in my heart and in my mind .. It was the best yoga and relax experience in my life. The beach is amazing and tha staff arem very friendly, nice and cook was excellent!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Olga S
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My friend had booked this leg of the trip for our last week in India and it was the best idea after 2 weeks backpacking, taking trains and staying at questionable places.

Recently been renamed Yoga School Goa, this is actually on Little Cola beach, in
Canacona which is in South Goa. This detail is important because when you arrive at Goa airport with no actual address and you need to get to a taxi, there is a bit of haggling involved if it is Big Cola or Little Cola Beach and of course the drivers always want more. What we didn't know was that Pardeshi (the owner) had organized us a pick up at the airport but we missed our flight (that's another story).

We arrived late at night and as you can imagine had no idea if the taxi was taking us to the right place or not and then we had to get out of the taxi and walk down some section in the dark was a little scary but then we heard the waves and saw silhouettes of the huts. The accommodation was pretty basic and it was really nice that they had something for us to eat because we were starving.

The next day we woke up to the amazing hidden gem this yoga school did sunrise and sunset yoga, ate amazingly fresh and tasty food and spent our days reading, sun tanning and long walks on the beach.

One day we went out to see wild dolphins, which I was kind of reluctant to do because it sounded really corny but we actually saw some which was cool.

There is no internet there but a 20min walk up the road to this lady's house who may or may not be there some days but it's definitely a vacation to kick start that digital detox.

The other visitors were fun to get to know, mostly female travelers when we were there.

Other tourist tend to rent scooters to get around and see the main part of Goa. There is a driver there but he got us really lost on our way to find this popular restaurant (which was really not worth the time or money) - think it was called Lloyd's. The food was much better at little cola beach!

We also learned to cook which was great, I learned that all recipes contain lard oil and well some combination but different quantities of the same spices haha.

It was really sad to leave, I probably could had stayed there for other month just to do nothing and enjoy the little things in life.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SayNoToSharkfinSoup
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I've been here three times now and it just doesn't lose its magic. Something happens to me when I get to the place; the peace and beauty are unique, every dish of the food is delightful, the staff are constantly looking for ways to help you and the yoga is just great. I have learned a huge amount and my yoga has improved impressively. I learned to meditate for the first time (sitting on the rocks above the sea at sunset - how could I fail?) and I even got my husband to start yoga.
Pardeshi, the owner and teacher, has a flair that makes this place very special. I can't wait to go back...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canacona
Taj Exotica Goa
Bamboo Yoga Retreat Goa
Om Sai Beach Huts
Om Sai Beach Huts
#1 of 61 in Agonda

Been to Little Cove Yoga Holiday Retreat? Share your experiences!