Little Cove Yoga Holiday Retreat
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Palolem Inn(Palolem)
$32
  • Restaurant
The Cape Goa(Canacona)
TripAdvisor
All reviewson the rockshis teamother guestsdelicious vegetarian mealsfruit saladmorning classsecluded locationyoga holidayremote beachlovely grouprelaxing dayswonderful atmospherewonderful weeklittle piece of paradiserustic charmhealthy foodgreat company
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I think the pictures say it all. If you're looking for a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of Goa, this place is sublimely secluded and peaceful. Yoga and meditation is available twice a day for those who would like to practice pranayama and asanas with Indian teachers. Krishna was the main teacher during my time there and he was phenomenal. I felt like I learned a lot just from being in his presence and watching the grace of his movements. A note though, the Ashtanga yoga practiced here is different from the Ashtanga yoga of the Patabis Jois lineage. They practice some of the same asanas, but not in the same sequence or style.

The Indian food was also delicious, and served in community. You could spend all day by yourself reading or relaxing on a secluded part of the beach, and then meet fellow travelers during mealtimes. It's a nice balance if you're looking for time alone but appreciate touching base with people. Everyone I met was super friendly.

The huts are purposefully kept to 5 so there is a lot of personalized attention. The staff are extremely hard working. Pardeshi, the owner tried his best to help make our stay as comfortable as possible, the busy chef always had a smile on his face, and Krishna, the yoga instructor, had a youthful spirit that could also astound you with its depth.

Thank you all for a wonderful time . I feel completely rejuvenated, relaxed, and look back on my time there with the warmest of memories.

Room Tip: Helpful to bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper. The sound of the crashing waves can be loud at night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank J C
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed in this place for a few days and it was perfect time! I want to say thank you to all the staff for exciting yoga-classes, perfect cooking (especially crabs were fantastic) and wonderful atmosphere overall! We enjoyed it! And I recommend everyone to visit this place.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The location is simply dreamy but it is the attention to detail in this beautiful retreat that makes it so special. The staff are attentive, caring and professional - ravi's food would rival any Michelin starred chef's. The yoga each day was amazing - pardeshi is an experienced, professional instructor who taught me more in 3 days about yoga than I have learnt in 5 years in England! The little bungalows are beautifully kitted out and very comfortable. The three of us left here in a tranquil, rested, healthy state and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tamsin J
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This place is heaven.

There are 5 double cabins set in a glade of palm trees at the edge of the most beautiful bay I have ever seen. The cabins are rustic and simple but the essentials of comfort are all there: the mattress is wonderfully comfortable (not rock hard like most Indian mattresses), the pillows really puffy, all the linen and towels sparkly white and the cushions delightfully luxurious. The bathroom is basic but everything works.

I loved propping myself up against pillows each morning and gazing out of my window at the sea, just yards away. What a peaceful way to start a yoga day! Each cabin also has a verandah with table and chairs, and the chairs, like the sunbeds on the beach, are very good quality and beautifully comfortable, not the usual plastic you might expect.

The food is sublime, organic vegetarian and healthy. Ravi, the chef, is hugely talented. Every dish was delicious and I learned a lot talking to him. We ate sitting by the edge of the beach in the shade of the palms: a perfect setting.

Yoga takes place in a hall without walls, directly in front of the sea and the sunset, with just a statue of Budha between you and the glorious view. It has to be one of the best venues in the world for yoga! The teacher is Pardeshi and he is superb, explaining the philosophy of yoga and the effects and benefits as he gently teaches you both new and familiar poses.

I learned a huge amount and came away greatly refreshed in mind and body, determined to continue the practices I had mastered and to return - with friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MimiYorkshire
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This dreamy little eco-style hut resort was one of the best parts of our Goa vacation. Cola beach is clean, beautiful, and extremely secluded, a world away from the populated beaches surrounding Palolem, but only a short drive if you want to visit the action. Astanga Yoga school (previously Om Shanti Yoga Retreat) has a picturesque open air studio space with a direct view of paradise, there is no more ideal place to practice in my dreams or pictured in Yoga Journal! The staff is wonderfully friendly, accomodating, and interesting. My boyfriend and I actually booked at the better-advertised Cola Beach Resort down the beach, but spent all of our time at the Ashtanga Yoga School where the resident host and gourmet chef Ravi prepared fresh, organic, delicious Indian cuisine, arranged ayurvedic massage, and spent a day with us touring the inlands on motor scooter. Ashtanga Yoga Resort is as good an example of a genuine, conscious, loving ecotourism venture that you can find in the world. It is owned by a hard working, friendly, young Goan family-man and yoga instructor Pardeshi who is motivated to stick to his ideals while developing a successful business. I truely hope for his success and urge you to stay here to enjoy the amazing experience and support a worthy business. Namaste!

Room Tip: There is one beach hut directly overlooking the water, ask if this is available for you. It has a front porch that you will never want to leave.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple