The Ressort is pretty much secluded from everything else in that area. One always needs a taxi or tuktuk or rental car to get somewhere.
The hotel was badly affected by the financial crisis and a lot of the service and buffet experience had been turned down.
During the crisis Goa Tourism Ministry had started to heavily subsidize and advertise Russion tourists.
Therefore a lot of Russian tourists are still going there. If one does not understand their mentality or their way of living, it might get troublesome.
All ICs in India were recently taken over by the Lalit group that has other views on quality and customer service than the ICH Group.
Staff still tries its best, but is somewhat limited.
Pool area and beach are sensational. However prices around the hotel are hilarious. Especially the restaurants are very high priced. If you take a tuktuk or taxi to the next big beach you get fresh seafood and drinks at around 20% off. Still same quality.
Rooms are nice and clean. But the whole place can be quite loud and therefore sleeping quality is not so good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lalit Golf & Spa Resort Goa is an all suite resort nestled on 85 acres along the pristine Goan coastline. The resort, cradled by the majestic Sahyadari range along the confluence of the Talpone River, offers breathtaking view of the Arabian Sea. With a kilometre-long exclusive beachfront, it is truly one of the most exquisite beach resorts in Goa. Amidst grand Baroque-Portuguese style architecture, meticulously landscaped gardens, international standard Double 'T' 9-hole Links golf course and Rejuve - the signature spa, enjoy the luxury of oceanfront privacy and seclusion in true Lalit style. Upon arrival, the resort welcomes you into the grand lobby with rustic chandeliers, antique long-handled ceiling fans and a grand staircase overlooking a hand-painted tile mosaic of Sao Rafael, the very first Portuguese ship to land in Goa under the helm of Vasco Da Gama. The resort offers 202 Garden View suites, 36 Sea View Suites, 14 Luxury Suites, 3 Presidential Suites and 10 luxurious villas. Other facilities include unique fine dining restaurants, water sports, Swimming Pool, Kids Pool, Sports complex - Tennis, Squash, Table Tennis, Archery, Volleyball, Beach Football, Beach Cricket, ATV, Beach Cricket, supervised kid's area with a variety of activities for children. The resort is also equipped with seven banquet halls/meeting rooms, ideal for all types of corporate events, conference facility, meeting facility, weddings ceremonies and wedding receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lalit Golf And Spa Resort Goa
- The Lalit Golf & Spa Resort Goa Hotel Canacona
- Intercontinental The Lalit Goa Hotel
- Canacona Inter-Continental
- Intercontinental Canacona
- The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa Canacona