I stayed in this property in March 2014, and was hoping that this time will be better than the last stay (which was sometime in 2009). Sadly, things haven't changed. Here is a point of view in my opinion that may help travelers:
1) It's perhaps the only Goa location that has 200 odd rooms, making it the only choice to host large scale weddings, corporate functions and so on. That, perhaps is also the bane of this property, but more on that later. BTW, it also has a golf course, but you would be the rare human who would come looking for Golf in Goa...if so, you can ignore my post.
2) Locationally, it's too south...closer to Karwar than Goa. If your idea of an evening in Goa is to wander into the local market and shop around and go beer hopping, this is not the location to choose. It once had a Casino, but even that has been shut. Transportation costs to and fro are expensive too (naturally)
3) The Hotel is infamous for its service levels. You will mostly see chaos during check-ins (as huge groups keep checking in and out most of the time). Room service / concierge / house keeping, all take their own sweet time. Examples: A pair of scissors take 20 mins; it takes 4 people and tremendous amount of confusion on wi-fi coupons at the front desk. Someone takes an order in the restaurant and forgets...the list of such legends is long and very interesting.
4) Sadly, despite huge group booking experiences, the Hotel isn't suitably plugged to handle them. Long food queues exist, breakfast gets sheepishly served by 7:30am, the people at bar counter get seemingly vexed if there are too many people asking for a drink....and so on.
However, the property is vintage and awesome. Good pool, very ambient lawns and some maginificient sunsets at the beach. Large rooms (however, old television sets), spacious baths, and OK beds.
My advise....if you aren't a huge group (which you not always are), I'd prefer some other place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lalit Golf & Spa Resort Goa is an all suite resort nestled on 85 acres along the pristine Goan coastline. The resort, cradled by the majestic Sahyadari range along the confluence of the Talpone River, offers breathtaking view of the Arabian Sea. With a kilometre-long exclusive beachfront, it is truly one of the most exquisite beach resorts in Goa. Amidst grand Baroque-Portuguese style architecture, meticulously landscaped gardens, international standard Double 'T' 9-hole Links golf course and Rejuve - the signature spa, enjoy the luxury of oceanfront privacy and seclusion in true Lalit style. Upon arrival, the resort welcomes you into the grand lobby with rustic chandeliers, antique long-handled ceiling fans and a grand staircase overlooking a hand-painted tile mosaic of Sao Rafael, the very first Portuguese ship to land in Goa under the helm of Vasco Da Gama. The resort offers 202 Garden View suites, 36 Sea View Suites, 14 Luxury Suites, 3 Presidential Suites and 10 luxurious villas. Other facilities include unique fine dining restaurants, water sports, Swimming Pool, Kids Pool, Sports complex - Tennis, Squash, Table Tennis, Archery, Volleyball, Beach Football, Beach Cricket, ATV, Beach Cricket, supervised kid's area with a variety of activities for children. The resort is also equipped with seven banquet halls/meeting rooms, ideal for all types of corporate events, conference facility, meeting facility, weddings ceremonies and wedding receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lalit Golf And Spa Resort Goa
- The Lalit Golf & Spa Resort Goa Hotel Canacona
- Intercontinental The Lalit Goa Hotel
- Canacona Inter-Continental
- Intercontinental Canacona
- The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa Canacona