“85 Acres of Royalty”

The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Canacona
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Want to Relax and get disconnected from the World ? If yes, then this is the Hotel for you. Spread over 85 acres it has everything one desires to feel like in Heaven. Has a lush 18 hole golf course, private beach & yatch, indoor/outdoor sports, discotheque, only thing missing is a Casino. The interiors are not as Royal as Taj or Leela but neither are those resorts as huge as this. This hotel has been a shooting location for the movie - Singham and TV show Spilt villa. Rooms are large having five star amenities and one should prefer garden facing rooms. People looking to travel to North Goa will find it tiring as this hotel is 1.15 mins drive from South Goa railway station. They also operate a buggy due to the sheer size of the property. Food is average and hospitality is extremely good.. Have a good stay !

Room Tip: Choose Sea or Garden facing
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Lalit, Goa.

We are extremely happy that you had a memorable experience during your stay. We are glad to hear that you liked whole property and the services rendered by our team. We have shared your feedback and it is taken corrective actions. It is our endeavor to create great experiences and we are truly appreciative of your kind words.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Goa.

Satya Roy Chowdhury

Write a ReviewReviews (1,881)

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Six family members and myself arrived at the Lalit on Christmas Day to be greeted in a warm welcome by friendly staff presenting garlands and fresh exotic juices.

We were shown to our rooms, which were large, spacious and clean. The hotel has taken advantage of Goa’s Portugese history and this shows in the beautiful décor of the rooms and bathrooms within the hotel. Due to the rooms being situated over the large complex and grounds, and despite the hotel giving me my requested sea facing room, I did request to move to a lower ground poolside room due to an injury on my foot. A family member was also experiencing problems with plumbing in their room, and the hotel did everything they could to re-accomodate us, moving us to poolside rooms with minimal fuss.

We ate in the hotel on the first two nights of our five night stay. First in the beachside shack, and second in the Mediterranean restaurant. Despite being peak season, and the hotel being at 70% capacity, the hotel was fairly deserted in the evenings. We found out why – the food was terrible. Despite its beautiful seaside location, the Chefs were serving up frozen seafood and food that arrived cold and badly presented. In addition to this, as a group of wine and champagne drinkers, we wanted to celebrate the last few days of the year with some of the wonderful drinks that the Lalit offered on their menu. Upon ordering in various locations in the hotel, either bottles were not available, not chilled, or not served correctly.

Whilst it is so easy to blame the staff for these errors, we could not. They were friendly, pleasant and did their utmost best to please us. It was a fault that clearly lay with those with higher control. On the third day, I had a lengthy conversation with the General Manager, who was not only apologetic, but took the time to listen to each criticism and suggestion with patience and interest. We all love to criticise, and are fully aware that most of the time our criticisms fall on deaf ears but this was the opposite. This Manager and his staff were so keen to improve on what they had fallen down on, which was simply a lack of training for their staff, who hold so much potential and really could be such a credit to the Lalit.

Our criticisms were not out of malice, nor to achieve any freebies. However, the Lalit team requested, despite us wanting to venture out of the hotel to local beach shacks on our fourth night, that we should stay for their evening buffet. And we are so glad we did. It was magnificent, with the Chefs showing that they took pride in both their culinary and presentation skills.

Because of the way the General Manager, Food and Beverage Manager, and the staff treated our criticisms – they made our short stay at the Lalit thoroughly enjoyable. It could have easily turned the opposite, with us not wanting to return, but their passion and will to better this beautiful hotel is making me want to fly out again next week – and that’s not just for the frankly amazing golf course!

So in conclusion, a beautiful hotel with wonderful amenities, and a keen, passionate team who will put their all into making your stay an enjoyable one.

Room Tip: Hotel is large - I would recommend poolside, lower floor so the individual patios can be enjoyed, an...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facilities and the old Portuguese architect of The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa. Your feedback is valuable to us and helps us in our endeavor of constant improvement .

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. It is our Endeavour to provide our guests with the highest quality of product and services and I am really sorry to note that we have fallen short on this occasion .

The management of the hotel has taken serious cognizance of this matter and is extremely regretful about it. Whilst I admit that nothing can undo what happened, I would like to assure you that we shall take corrective steps to ensure that incidents such as these do not occur again.

We hope you consider this a “one-off” incident, I further assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I just took a 30 minutes jet ski withg Lalit. It was an amazing experience. Customer service was excellent. The driver Laksha was simply brilliant. They always let you finish your allocated time and do not stop until then. They do not rush you at all and most importantly it is not as short as the ones offered by people in Colva. The jet ski activities in Colva are cheaper but it cannot even come close to the experience that you will get in Lalit. When there was 2/3 minutes left I asked my driver whether I should come back. In fact he suggested that I should make use of my allocated time and then return to the shore. This is completely different from my experience in Colva where the driver is more concerned for to get ips out o you rather than giving you a nice exp-erience. Also the journey in Colva lasts only 2/3 minutes. So it is over even before you start to enjoy it. On the contrary, the drivers in Lalit are more thrill seekers and you will definitely have a proper and enjoyable experience with them. They will not ask you for tips at all. It does not matter to them. They are more concerned about your experience and to make sure that you have a good one. So if you are ever in South Goa and near Colva, Banalim, Rajbag, Patnem or Palolem beach, then it is worth visiting Lalit Resort and Spa in Rajbag for Jet Ski. It may also be worth asking them for what other water sports activities they are offering and doing it with them as they are very much concerned about your experience and will try to ensure that you have a good one.

Muktadir

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the water sports activity & our other facilities; your kind appreciation for the team members motivates them to create delight for guests of the hotel. It is our endeavor to create great experiences and we are truly appreciative of your kind words.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed at the LaLit for 11 nights over Xmas 2013. The main reason being that we had friends staying at nearby Patnem beach and we didn't want to stay in the beach shacks there. The LaLit was the only other choice - there is very little middle market/mid priced accommodation in the area.

The hotel takes advantage of its fairly remote position by charging high prices for food and drinks as guests have to take a taxi or walk to Patnem to find alternatives. Generally the hotel prices are 5 times what you would pay in one of the beach side restaurants.

Our room was an ocean view suite on the upper floor.
- the king sized bed turned out to be 2 singles pushed together. This is not unusual but the hotel doesn't have king sized bed linen to you get 2 sets of single bed linen instead....
- the air conditioning broke down on 6 occasions. In addition the staff had a habit of turning it off so that when we returned to the room the temperature was often 27 degrees!!!
- the furnishings are desperately in need of updating - chipped furniture, broken locks on wardrobes, sagging sofas etc, etc
- there is no hotel guide in the room detailing the facilities, charges, local amenities etc. This is the first time I have ever experienced this....

Other gripes:
- there is a hefty charge for wifi. This is ridiculous. All of the beach cafes in Patnem have free wifi - go there instead.
- one day, returning from the beach, we were beckoned over by a couple of staff setting up an archery target. They encouraged us to have a go, which we did. The next day when we had another try at it , we were charged.
- the surface on the tennis courts has deteriorated so much that only one is playable and even this one has rips and bumps around the edges
- The hotel charges a significant amount for a transfer to the airport so we booked an outside driver while in town. When he arrived, he was not allowed into the resort even though he had our name and room number.We had to go to the main gate (not a short walk) and ask them to let him in. I understand the need for heightened security but surely someone from the gatehouse could have contacted us to authorise the driver's entry.
- the hotel beach is beautiful but the staff there do nothing other than hand out towels.

On the plus side:
- the pool area is lovely
- the gardens are extensive and well maintained (though a little more lighting would be nice)
- the staff are generally ery friendly and do try to deal with issues as they arise
- the gym is well equipped and the steam/spa area is nice
- the beach side restaurant is a lovely place to have dinner overlooking the sea

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms and opt for a sea view if possible. Also try to steer clear of the pool are...
2  Thank robbie1400

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. It is our Endeavour to provide our guests with the highest quality of product and services and I am really sorry to note that we have fallen short on this occasion . Pursuant to the incident, we have had a detailed meeting about your experience with Our team who join me in this apology.

The Operation Team of the hotel has taken serious cognizance of this matter and is extremely regretful about it. I wish to assure you that we are taking corrective steps to ensure that incidents may be avoided. You are sure to find marked improvements in your next visit. Kindly accept my sincere apologies.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the pool, garden, gym and beach shack, and thank you for the kind appreciation for the staffs.

Your feedback is valuable to us and helps us in our endeavor of constant improvement. I once again apologize for the dissatisfaction.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The property in itself is excellent, however the service quality falls short significantly. the phone in our room did not work and it took them a day to fix it. We complained about lack of hot water on day 1 , it was never fixed.
Overall front desk and housekeping responses were not upto the mark in terms of service delivery, though they were unfailingly polite.
The breakfast restaurant had a good choice of food but service delivery was poor in terms of replenishing empty containers of food or the live counters.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

Thank you for taking time and posting your comments on Trip Advisor further.

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort. We are glad to learn that you were happy with the services and facilities of our hotel. We will consider the points you have mentioned over here and it is taken corrective actions. It is our endeavor to create great experiences and we are truly appreciative of your kind words.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We visited this hotel last week. I have list down few good and bad things about this hotel:

Good things:
1) Swimming Pool is really BIG and good
2) Its huge hotel with lot of space including big size rooms and lawns.
3) You can play golf.
4) Private beach is nice .

Bad things:
1) Food is very overpriced and so drinks. You can't believe you will have to pay almost 200 INR to have kingfisher premium pint which you normally get it in shop for 26 INR or 60 INR at any beach shack or restaurant.
2) Its very very far from Panaji and North Goa, travel takes 2 hours by car one way. Distance appears less(70 KM) but small roads, traffic and Ghat takes more time.
3) No hot water in bath rooms all 4 days
4) No exhaust fan in bathroom.
5) Rooms are very old and need to be refurbished
5) Bed and bathroom were ok and doesn’t suit to 5 star hotel, it’s like 3 stars.
6) Over all service is not good. ex. All 5 days, toaster was not functioning properly while breakfast.
7) SPA service was not that good and no one was sure about the whole process.
8) Sport BAR is worst. We were there in sport bar on 27th Dec at 10pm and no one was there...so you can imagine the place :P, when we requested for playing cards they did not have it. (they could have got it from their internal shop 10 meters away from sport bar but they did not want to)
9) Celling fan in the room was like a guest house. You don’t expect such thing in 5* hotels.
10) No proper valet parking service, I had to park my car all 5 days and they did not even bother about this.
11) while checking out, when we requested for feedback form and they said, they don’t have it such forms and asked us to write on plane while paper and submit. Not sure if its submitted to hotel management or not.

Overall - I will never visit this hotel again so you think before you visit.

2  Thank VikasWatane

Dear Mr. Watane,

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

Thank you for taking time and posting your comments on Trip Advisor further.

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. It is our Endeavour to provide our guests with the highest quality of product and services and I am really sorry to note that we have fallen short on this occasion.

I have also marked an apology letter to Mr. Rohan on Thursday 2nd of Jan, behave of all the staffs from the Lalit goa, The Operation Team of the hotel has taken serious cognizance of this matter and is extremely regretful about it. I wish to assure you that we are taking corrective steps to ensure that incidents may be avoided. You are sure to find marked improvements in your next visit. Your feedback is valuable to us and helps us in our endeavor of constant improvement.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Pros: The Lalit is a quite a good property with sprawling gardens, golf course and a good beach attached to it. The rooms are quite spacious and have good views of the either the garden or the beach. The balconies of the rooms on the ground floor open up directly on the garden and are a good place to rest. The swimming pool is good and the free jacuzzi and steam baths are something that everyone should try. The breakfast is good and as expected for a hotel of this rating. The 9 hole golf course too is something to try out if you have the time and the liking for it.
Cons: The food overall is good, but surely overpriced as you can get the same dishes if you just get out. The place is somewhat secluded and you would need a taxi, rental motorcycle or personal vehicle to get out and explore. The water for shower was hardly lukewarm and the hotel management was unable to get us hot water even after 2 days.

Room Tip: Staying on the ground floor would closer to the hotel lobby would be good as it wil save you a lot o...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed and had a memorable experience during your stay. Your kind appreciation of our Golf , Swimming pool and the other team members motivates them to create delight for guests of the hotel. We will consider the points you have mentioned over here. It is our endeavor to create great experiences and we are truly appreciative of your kind words.

Satya Roy Chowdhury

Also consider these accommodations in or near Canacona
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
The Tubki Resort
The Tubki Resort
#2 of 9 in Palolem

Been to The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa? Share your experiences!