“Beautiful place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa

The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Canacona
Coventry
“Beautiful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are really spacious and well thought out. The grounds are beautiful and the beach was nice and quiet when I was there. I loved the outdoor pool. Big enough to do a real swim and beautiful enough to lounge around in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, December 17, 2013

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Lalit, Goa.

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort. We are glad to learn that you were happy with the services and facilities of our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my team.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Goa.

Satya Roy Chowdhury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

The temperature of water here shall not exceed 38 Deg by the time it gets to you. So well if you are thinking it might a good way to soothe yourself in the bath tub or take a hot shower. You might as well choose to stay elsewhere.

The most ridiculous thing I've been told is that, the best temperature is what it is running in the taps, and they could provide me buckets of water if I wanted hot water.

Is this a 2 star hotel?

The room service creates an uproar about serving a clear chook soup... Well apparently their Chinese cooks gone home.

Extremely disappointed after the stay at the Lalit.

Firstly it's in the middle of no where and secondly, it's understaffed and is just not fit into my idea of comfort.

DISAPPOINTED.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank KubraSait
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, December 11, 2013

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

Let me first of all apologize for all the inconvenience caused to you and your family during the stay at our hotel.

The Operation Team of the hotel has taken serious cognizance of this matter and is extremely regretful about it. With regard to your experience in our Food & Beverage venues, we have addressed your concerns with the respective departments and ensure necessary corrective measures are taken to avoid such incidents in future.

I am sure you will understand that we have full commitment to provide best services to our valued guests. We would like to once again apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay with us. We always pride on our services and regret the lapse on our part.

We look forward to personally welcoming you on your next visit to Goa and hope to make your stay with us enjoyable and comfortable to the best of my team’s abilities.

With renewed apologies,

Europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

The location is wonderful, the golf course well maintained but the tenniscourts are terrible. We picked this hotel especially to be able to play tennis. It wasn't possible. We where told that the property recently changed owner and that there was a large upgrding being done. We could also see that on all the painting being done o the houses. The beach is fantastic so are the restaurant down at the beach with the very good chef Martina. Most of the non Indian guests are Russians which are there on an all inclusive package. The resort has five stars but I wouldn't say it is a five star hotel in all aspects. The location in south Goa is good and quite secluded. The spa with the yoga master is very nice and you could do yoga classes in the sunrise and sunset on the beach - Wonderful memories to bring home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, December 9, 2013

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort. We are glad to learn that you were happy with the services and facilities of our hotel. We apologies for the dissatisfaction regarding the tennis courts and have taken up the matter into respective department to take the corrective action.

I have shared your feedback with my team. Your kind appreciation for Chef Martina will motivates her to take services to the next level to delight guest.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I visited Goa in Oct'13 1st week, i know i am late in posting review about the Hotel but this will still be a great help for people visiting GOA, Stay at Lalit was excellent and as I am member for Lalit Loyalty so could also grab some complimentary services... Food was excellent and will give special thanks to Restaurant manager Naveen and his colleague, these guys really managed to take care of each an every small things for dinner and lunch and as it was my wife's bthdy, so that small complimentary party was really nice.... it actually made us feel special... Hotel is huge enough with excellent Pool and clean beach.. only one draw back is location as it is far off from main city and Casino places, but still you get reasonable Taxi services at decent rates for 10-12 hrs.. all in all great and memorable stay

Room Tip: can opt for garden view room also, as sea view will cost more and rooms are almost same in both cate...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, December 2, 2013

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

A once lovely property has seen much better days when it was being run under the banrd name of Intercontinental. I say it from my experience that the hotel staff and service is not even 40% of what it used to be in better times and from my last stay about 4 years back....

Though the property is well made and boasts of 9 hole golf course and is not a disppointment in itself but the service which matters most is almost missing...

my room had its safe taken out and despite making requests a number of times, it wasnt provided to be leaving me worried about my valuables which i had to carry along all the time....

being a five star plus property it was most suprising to me see that the rooms have seepage and were not cared for after the monsoons...

the house keeping is most poor of all.. despite making numerous calls, 90% of which were left unanswered, a small item such as iron would be provided after a number of calls and after much delay....to the extent that i had to ask pointedly from the hotel staff if theyr are actually short of staff...which appears to be the case....

though the rooms are big and spacious and have all amenities but still the touch and feel is missing from my last stay... even the daily room maintenance used to be completed only after 4 p.m.. which appeared to be one fo the reason that i was made to wait for over 1 hour before the room was cleaned and made available.. that too when i went up to the room and asked the staff to hurry up...though the staff was courteous but nevertheless was either too much understaffed or incompetent...

the food was never the strong point of this hotel and the dishes served are neither authentic nor appealing enough.. except for a few continental dishes which the chefs appeared to be proficient with....

in all i must sum up and say that the property is worth a stay and i will advise everyone to stay there but do not expect service inside the room... outside though it is well maintained and clean...

Room Tip: prefer rooms on 1st floor for less disturbance and a great view.. also choose a room on which the ba...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RikksG
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I can honestly say I am not sure how to write this review because I had such a magical time and have so much to say!!! First of all I would like to start off by clearing all the negative remarks on this Hotel (Which there are not many) To all of you that are offended that the hotel is in remote location.... I completely understand, you are not totally wrong but I must say this is piece of calm heaven. Awesome & secluded beach.

Everyone's favorite Palolem beach is 5 minutes drive & Agonda just about 20 minutes. Mallikarjun Temple, Canacona also is 10 minutes drive.

Although I have been checking weather everyday it was drizzling & I actually loved it, made it more romantic & cozy.

After a drive of 1 & half hour drive, we finally arrived at Lalit to be greeted with warm smile & fragrance garland with refreshing welcome drink. Check-in was smooth & We were taken to Garden Suite, in the meantime gave us basic information about restros & hotel facilities. Let me start off by saying, garden suite is the biggest and best for couples or family. Suite had superb architecture, beautiful view of palm trees & far off sea.

Bathroom was grand with shower cubicle ( adequate for 2 ) & bathtub for relaxing and unwinding. Complimentary cashews, Banana chips & Goan wine ( although did not try because of bad reviews ).

Buggy aKa Golf cart was always at our service whenever we had to go to parking or swimming pool etc. The ever smiling crew & Darban made it a pleasant stay.

Food -
Buffet spread was lavish but it did get a little boring on the 3rd day although Chefs were very accommodating & did serve us off the menu as well. Desert quality & options were also nice.
We did try parathas ( being a punjabi can't get away from that ) & they were awesome. I will give buffet 4*
I had all other meals on the beaches because hotel otherwise for dinner & everything is very expensive OH YEAH BUT I SHOULD MENTION cheap options for Beers & Scotch in hotel room dining.
Loved IT.

Restaurants at the beach was awesome with a great view & amazing cocktails.

Pool-
Swimming pool for me is the biggest highlight of my stay at any resort. First day when I arrived, I saw beautiful Russian gals in pool but a dozen other guys screaming for attention & doing
silly things. I thought may be I'll go for a swim tomorrow unfortunately or fortunately main Pool was closed & hotel staff advised us to access private villas pool.

It’s the best time I spent at Lalit , beautiful landscape view, light drizzle & sunset, in short slice of heaven
SPA was relaxing & unwinding after wandering around all day around. I did not get time to excess Gym facilities.

We hired Bajaj Avenger & loved our stay all the more because of driving.

I must suggest this hotel to everyone, trust me & you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: any room is great :)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, November 30, 2013

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort. We are glad to learn that you were happy with the services and facilities of our hotel. We are happy that you li8ke the swimming pool and the dinning service as well. We have shared your feedback with our team. It is our endeavor to create great experiences and we are truly appreciative of your kind words.

suffolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff are amazing, friendly, attentive right from day one! Really lovely towards my 2 year old
The music at times does get loud but that's because of weddings taking place so you have to be understanding. The food is wonderful with a big selection to choose from - play room for my daughter is fab, the gym is great with a studio next door to do ur self yoga practice - treatments I'm the spa are lovely-we are really enjoying the hotel - thank you
A . Murphy

• Stayed October 2013

Satya Roy Chowdhury
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canacona
Taj Exotica Goa
Alila Diwa Goa
#2 of 37 in Salcette District
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,801 reviews
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach

Been to The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa? Share your experiences!