“Almost there, excellent venue” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa

The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Canacona
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Almost there, excellent venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Ok to be fair I should point out that we had booked 130 rooms for a wedding so my review is based on such experience.

The rooms were impeccable. The interior, practicality, ambience, comfort and so on.

The service was not as much appealing as the phones were unanswered a few times leave apart the fact that the numbers for house keeping were 3018. I mean if i stay at such a place i want to make my efforts as low as possible.

Even the buffe. Was cclosed on time everyday even though we all requested for it to be extended for a while for the two days we were here. The buffet manager was a scrooge who did his job well. A smile wouldn't hurt mister.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, September 12, 2013

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Lalit, Goa.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed our facilities offered by us. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I wish to assure you that we are taking corrective steps to ensure that these problem do not occur again. You are sure to find marked improvements in your next visit.

We would be happy to have you stay with us again and we are sure you will have a wonderful experience. Should you require any assistance, please feel free to contact me at your convenience (goagmoffice@thelalit.com)

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Goa.

Satya Roy Chowdhury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Polish first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was here in August for 3 nights and I loved my stay. The resort is huge and is right on Rajbag beach in Canacona. Palolem beach is hardly 3 kms from the place. Rajbag itself is a secluded beach and is very neat and pretty. Taking about rooms, it's a all suites property and there are very spacious. The washrooms are also huge. They also provide BAGGI (cart) incase you want to move from your room to anywhere in the property. It's a huge property spread in around 85 acres so this Baggi service is really useful. They also offer independent villas on rent.

I have uploaded more pics and more info here

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, September 6, 2013

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

Thank you so much for sharing pictures. We are pleased to know that you were happy with the resort’s service and facilities. We have set very high standards for ourselves and are continuously striving to improve our guests’ overall experience. Comments from our esteemed guests like you propel us in our quest of raising the bar. I have shared your feedback with my team. Your word of appreciation is an encouragement for us

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa for 2 nights (August 12 and 13). The welcome in the hotel lobby was just as one has come to expect from 5-star hotels in India. Our room, on the first floor, was significantly larger than what one gets in the same price at other 5-star hotels in Goa (we have stayed previously at The Grand Hyatt, Taj Exotica, and Taj Village). The decor has an old world charm to it which I personally prefer to the ultra-modern rooms that one normally gets in similar hotels. We ate at the hotel just once - we ordered for fries, sandwiches and tea in our room. The food quality was very good. The gold course is splendid. My wife didn't get a chance to use the spa as we were out of the hotel most of the time so I can't comment on that. The downside is that this hotel is at least 1 hour from the airport (if you travel very early in the morning when the roads are traffic-free) and 1.5 hours in regular hours. The other downer is that the furnishings are not exactly top class. The flooring seems a tad dated and some of the appliances in the room also seemed worn out. Would we choose to go back to this hotel - probably not - and that's only because of the distance of this hotel from the airport. But in summary, this is a very, very good hotel and if one is fine with its location, one should definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the central courtyard - the sea facing rooms didn't seem that great be...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort. We are glad to learn that you were happy with the services and facilities of our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my team. Your word of appreciation is an encouragement for us and helps us in adding more value to all your future stays.

Thank you for your valuable time and consideration. Should you require any assistance, please feel free to contact me at your convenience (goagmoffice@thelalit.com)

vapi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed there over the last weekend in August 2013. Beautiful and well kept resort. The only problem is that it is about 2 hour drive from Goa airport. If your idea is to be in a resort for complete relaxation and don't want to explore goa then it's a nice place. The pool is big and clean. Children have lot of place and room for fun. The beach is quiet and secluded. The USP is the 9 hole gold course and anyone who wants to learn and understand golf can have golf lessons. It is an experience to cherish if one has not played golf earlier. The spa is standard fare. The food is okay. A place to go and relax if and only if you have enjoyed goa many times before.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, September 10, 2013

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

We are extremely happy that you had a memorable experience during your stay. We are glad to hear that you liked the property and the food and services rendered by our team. I have shared your feedback with my team. Should you require any assistance, please feel free to contact me at your convenience (goagmoffice@thelalit.com)

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have been staying in this huge wonderful property since 2006.60 Km away from Dabolim airport,at Karnataka border of south Goa in Canacona district this is the only 5* property with golf course.With my wife and son of 8 yrs I went here on 9th of August for 3 nights.As usual warm welcome,smiling friendly staff,welcome drinks soothed us immediately.This hotel has only suites,all are very big(compared to Mumbai standard),well decorated with all kinds of amenities and very comfortable with calm and quiet atmosphere.Nice gym and spa,big relaxing swimming pool,squash and tennis court and beautiful 9 hole 36 par golf course will keep one busy throughout the day.As we happen to visit Goa twice a year ,we do not go out much as we have seen all parts of Goa,enjoyed all famous eateries and did sports activities in almost all beaches wherever it is available,we sit back in the hotel play whole day and relax by the beach.It has its own Raj Baga beach and famous Palolem beach 3 km away.Both are very scenic and serene.One can learn golf at a nominal price at this hotel and Mr Narsingh is a very experienced helpful teacher.Wonderful experience all over.
Hotel has three restaurants and one beach side shack all of which server good food.Sirocco is the restaurant where we go for dinner usually because it serves local Goan food and has very relaxing mood all around.Chef and captain are very courteous to serve you the best quality food.Otherwise one can go to Palolem beach for lunch and dinner as many beach side restaurants serve real good local and international food with lively music.Breakfast is reasonably good with regular varieties and smiling staff all over.
Kid zone is very nice with extremely helpful and smiling staff like Suvarna who keep children entertained throughout the day.My son just loves to be there.
Hotel has facilities for water sports activities except during monsoon.As it is only 20 km from Karwar at Karnataka border with famous Gokarna beach nearby,it is advisable to visit that part also to have different experience.But one should not book taxis from the hotel as many local taxis are available at half the price outside the main gate and they are usually safe.Overall amazing experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice big suites but sea facing rooms are bit costlier,however,sea is far away.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, September 1, 2013

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

We are extremely happy that you had a memorable experience during your stay. We are glad to hear that you liked whole property and the food and services rendered by our team. I have shared your feedback with my team. Your kind appreciation of Mr. Narsingh and Ms. Suvarna Dhuri motivates them and respective teams to take our services to the next level.

Gurgoan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We were very impressed by the helpful and friendly staff right from the airport pickup concierge to the restaurant chefs etc. The golf course is a good one combining a touch of leisure with exacting standards. A soecial thanxs to chefs and waiters at Canacona restaurant for making our food stay very palatable! Since it was monsoon off season parts of the hotel had seepages and they were being attended to as well.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, August 31, 2013

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

We are pleased to know that you were happy with the resort’s service and facilities. We have set very high standards for ourselves and are continuously striving to improve our guests’ overall experience. Comments from our esteemed guests like you propel us in our quest of raising the bar. I have shared your feedback with my team. Your word of appreciation is an encouragement for us.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Amazing Goa, and amazing Lalit....

We spent our honeymoon at the Lalit - november 2012 - and had the best time in gorgeous surroundings! Our room was spacious, clean - and overlooked the beautiful pool aerea.

Breakfast was ok - but a bit "different" for two Norwegians - used to brown bread, cheese and milk for breakfast - but it "grew on us" and in the end we really enjoyed it!

We only had one meal in one of the restaurants at the resort - and were not exactly blown away - the staff was great, but the meal was boring..... Our advice would be to go out of the resort to have a taste of India - fantastic food everywhere we went!

The resort has a big spa and a gym. The gym was good, and the spa was GREAT!

The location is superb - but the BEST thing about this resort is the wonderful staff! They were all very kind and helpfull, and did everything they possibly could to make us feel welcome and taken care of. Bless them!

Another tip - when you need a taxi - dont book it in the reception - go outside the gate, and get it for half the price :-) Ask for young James - he's a safe and very kind driver!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, August 28, 2013

Satya Roy Chowdhury
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canacona
The Leela Goa
#2 of 37 in Salcette District
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,805 reviews
Caravela Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach

Been to The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa? Share your experiences!