“For Peace in Goa”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Canacona
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“For Peace in Goa”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights and found it a great place to be in. Though we were a group of male only and have very different views for this property, but still it is an amazing place in case you want to spend a nice holiday near probably the cleanest beach of Goa. Those who dont want to go to other crowded beaches & noisy hotels in Goa may consider this property. Hospitality also is nice, we had few complaints on day 1 but the staff made exeptional efforts to ensure solutions to those. Overall a different from normal Goa but nice experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are extremely happy that you had a memorable experience during your stay. Ours is the only hotel where you have a view of the Arabian Sea, the Talpone River and the Sahyadri Mountain Range. As well as an almost exclusive beach.
We appreciate your positive feedback, words like these encourage us to take our service to next level.

We look forward to welcome you and your family back again to your home in Goa.

Warm Regards,
Satya Roy Chowdhury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Polish first
Delhi
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Being a 5 star property, it really needs an internal facelift. On first glance it looks super but once inside the complex you realize why looks can be deceiving.

The room I stayed in needed refurbishing. For eg. the cabinet door to the mini refrigerator had its knobs loose and interfering in its opening and closing. The lamp in the balcony was loose and askew.
Another major thing missing in the bathroom is a loo shower. (as opposed to a bathing shower).

This hotel, being away from major towns, is a place only in you want to relax (sit at the pool or sit on the beach) as there is nothing close by in terms of sightseeing.
Being in the southern tip of Goa, you are literally stuck as the nearest town , Margao, is appx. 35 kms away and nothing much to do here unless you are a Golf enthusiast but even then it has only a 9 hole course. During my stay I did not see more than
5 people playing golf over 2 days.
Even the wi-fi is to be paid for.

Food. The breakfast was filling but not lavish as has come to be expected from big hotels. The choice was very limited in terms of international cuisine.

All in all would not go and stay there unless mandatory.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the sea.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, March 1, 2013

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We thank you for your valuable comments and feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. The Maintenance and Housekeeping Team of the hotel has taken serious cognizance of this matter and is extremely regretful about it. I wish to assure you that we are taking corrective steps to ensure that incidents may be avoided. You are sure to find marked improvements in your next visit.

We would be happy to have you stay with us again and we are sure you will have a wonderful experience.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

1. Rooms- I would term as fair, not classy. Some serious work need to be done in the bathrooms- leaking showers, shower stalls that don't keep water in to name a few problems. There were no chairs in the balcony!
2. Facilities- the hotel believes in charging for everything including wifi!!! Normally hotels offer 15-30 mts per day free so that one can access mail and catch up with basic work etc without misusing the facility. Even guests are charged for everything- the golf course which is well maintained is unused, over four days apart from an invitational do, I saw a total of 6 other golfers using the course. I would like to add that this hotel is quite far from the town and main sights and to assure guest delight, needs to offer basic activities and free access to some of its facilities so that there is something to do. A suggestion- Corporate groups and FITs are always offered different levels of access to facilities, this need to be justified.
3. Service- Over all the service was good with a slight aberration - the youngsters in charge of food service, in particular at the Scirocco, totally lacked soft skills. They lacked a basic sense of etiquette and conduct. I had a horrible experience where I held the main door open for my wife and daughter to enter and found a boy barging through the open door almost shouldering my wife aside. While at one end the reception, room service staff and other service personnel were extremely courteous, the food service boys even failed to wish us when we entered - the saving grace was the young lady who single handedly made us feel welcome and managed the show.
4. The PLASTIC Vine bottle- welcome drink in the room- a definite no no, this just does not do justice to a Five Star Hotel.
5. Food- decent wholesome food, no issues- a definite plus.

We had an enjoyable and relaxed 4 days break at The Lalit. Service is the basis of the hospitality industry and unfortunately my Goan experience on the whole does not support the local attitude towards guests, who are actually the reason for the livelihood of a large population of the state.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank sundeeprsingh
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, March 5, 2013

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is with great concern I have made a note of your comments regarding the problems you have faced. Customer feedback has always been an integral part of our learning curve, understanding and catering to the needs of the esteemed guests. We do take great care that our guests don't face any inconvenience, so on this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not been met, and we have not succeeded in meeting your expectations.

I would like to reassure you that we take your comments seriously as it reminds us of how important it is to get the basics right. Our goal is to provide our guests with warm, efficient and personalized service. I have discussed this matter with our entire team and every effort will be made to ensure that similar incidents do not arise again in the future.

To restore your faith back in the hotel, I would request you to let me know your next visit and I will personally look after your stay arrangements.

Thank you for your valuable time and consideration. Should you require any assistance, please feel free to contact me at your convenience (goagmoffice@thelalit.com)

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Never thought would start my venture in Tripadvisor with a bad review:( normally I never complain as I own myself a property & I know how it hurts!!!
Just arrived yesterday & still booked till 19th with family! Wonderful property & everything was going as a perfect vacation till I met some severe lapses from service staff or reception staff.
They never get back to you with any informations, that's ok, as they assist you good when you are personally there.
I was going through rough diarrhea & asked for pills as there should be some medicine in a 5 star Hotel, every time the answer was 'Yes Sir' , 'In a minute Sir', so the thing which started at 9-9.30 pm finished at almost 12.00am when my situation got worse & I got rude!
Thanks to Sameer from reception, who fixed this in matter of 5 minutes.
When it matters health, people expect at least timely assistance!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

At the outset, thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is with great concern I have made a note of your comments regarding the problems you have faced. Customer feedback has always been an integral part of our learning curve, understanding and needs of the esteemed guests. We do take great care that our guests don't face any inconvenience, so on this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not been met, and we have not succeeded in meeting your expectations.

I would like to reassure you that we take your comments seriously as it reminds us of how important it is to get the basics right. In this highly competitive market situation, we cannot afford any guest to have a negative impression. Our goal is to provide our guests with warm, efficient and personalised service. I have discussed this matter with our entire team and every effort will be made to ensure that similar incidents do not arise again in the future.

We will endeavour to provide you with the fine level of service, which you expect and deserve. I sincerely hope this incident will not deter you from visiting us again and you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back. Thank you for your valuable time and consideration.

jorhat
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel has large rooms. We had sea facing rooms on the 1st floor which is recommended.The golf course is well maintained, but a bit tight.Food was Mediocre and service was poor.Excellent squash court with marker . Walks from rooms to restaurants or lobby were rather long. Hotel is far from the airport and nothing to do close by.

Room Tip: 1st floor sea facing rooms are good
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pravir M
Dear Guest,

Your feedback is shared with our Head of the Departments to see keeping the standards of food served to the highest level. I am pleased to note that you found the service of our staff, rooms and overall location to be pleasing to you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

had 20 glorious days at the lalit hotel in goa excellent food, excellent location, superb accomodation, beautiful gardens .staff are efficent frendly and pooffessional .AmRiTa in guest relations took special care of us always there with advice and info ....ANIL kumas restaurant manager taught us all about the delights of GOAN CUISINE .WOULD RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR A UP MARKET HOTEL IN PEACEFUL SURROUNDS WITH EXCELLENT SPA FACILITIES WE WILL RETURN NEXT YEAR FROM TOM /SUE DIGNAM DATE STAYED 8TH JAN TO 28TH JAN 2013

Room Tip: groud floor rooms are the best
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank susan d

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort. We are glad to learn that you were happy with the services and facilities of our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my team. Your word of appreciation is an encouragement for us and helps us in adding more value to all your future stays.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcome you again at The Lalit Goa.

Thane, India
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went there on a company outbound trip and we had a great time at a great location. The rooms were, like the property, spacious and well decorated. The rooms are located on 2 floors, the upper floor with balconies, and the ground floor rooms opening out on to one of the many lawns.
The staff was friendly and the service impeccable, as is to be expected from 5 star properties.
The food was the standard Indian star hotel fare, but with no Goan specialties on offer, it was a huge disappointment to me.
The private beach is maintained and clean. There are sunbeds dotted at the edge with coconuts, pineapples and massages on offer. The golf course was cared for and regularly water despite rarely seeing any golfers tread the grass. The golf carts were reduced to ferrying visitors to the beach and back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am so glad to hear, u liked room which is in 2nd floor attached balcony, Hope you had comfortable stay. I am pleased to inform you that we do have goan specialty at Our Specality restaurant Cortas .

We value your patronage and look forward to welcome you again at The Lalit Goa.

Satya Roy Chowdhury
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canacona
The Leela Goa
Caravela Beach Resort
Alila Diwa Goa
Alila Diwa Goa
#2 of 39 in Salcette

Been to The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa? Share your experiences!